Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2020 4:04:26 PM EDT
I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a holster (preferably Safariland) will fit an X Five Legion equipped with a RMR and X300U?  I'm looking for something similar to the 6378RDS models.  I ordered the 6378RDS-8192-131 for an M&P Core 9L hoping it fits.  But if anyone has some knowledge about a holster for this setup, I'm all ears.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
In on this as I too have the same and would love a nice tactical retention holster for X5 Legion
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the Safariland 6390RDS-4502-761 which is supposed to fit the full sized RX. I don't know how that compares to the X5 and the holster I ordered is the TLR version. But they do make them for full sized RX 320s.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered the Safariland 6390RDS-4502-761 which is supposed to fit the full sized RX. I don't know how that compares to the X5 and the holster I ordered is the TLR version. But they do make them for full sized RX 320s.
View Quote

Don’t think it will work.  The X5 has a slide that is about 1/4” longer than the full size.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Don't think it will work.  The X5 has a slide that is about 1/4" longer than the full size.
View Quote
That's what the heat gun and dremel are for!
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Safariland does make them. A SMU is using them for their X5's.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't think it will work.  The X5 has a slide that is about 1/4" longer than the full size.

Are there currently known options for modifying a Safariland P320RX 6390RDS (X300U)?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 3:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
OP... I just "built" a holster for that set up. Just use the P320 X-Full option as your gun. It is the 6360RDS.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#8]
With the 6360 series.  Pull the bolt for the muzzle stop. Remove stop. Reinstall bolt, don't pinch the end by tightening too much. Break out heat gun. Heat the end evenly until soft.  Try to avoid the flashlight plug, once that thing falls out it's a bitch to reform the end around it.  Anyway, shove your X5 in there like it's Friday night at lover's lane.  Leave until the holster is cold to the touch.  Premature removal will lead to shrinking.

If you have trouble removing gun, reheat holster end and shove muzzle as far forward as possible, get as close to the bolt as you can get.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks.  Im trying to avoid this process.  Does anyone know if the holster SKU i mentioned above will work on the X5 Legion?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The X5 Legion barrel is 5".  All the Sig full size holsters are for the 4.7" guns.  You need an open ended holster to fit it, otherwise, some surgery will be required.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#11]
bump
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I found a guy who can modify 6390s for the P320 4.7” to fit a XFIVE.

@ghostmendesigns on instagram
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you know if it will still work with a 4.7” once modified?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said it’s compatible with the 3.9 so I’d assume the 4.7 would be fine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome, thanks.

Does he have a method of contact other than IG? I don’t have an account.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks.

https://www.ghostmendesigns.com/

Disclosure: I'm not affiliated with him in any way.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure if you’re still looking or what level of retention you’re looking for. But here’s a level 2 that fits.

https://hammerarmament.com/product/thunder-3-gun/
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:54:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not sure if you’re still looking or what level of retention you’re looking for. But here’s a level 2 that fits.

https://hammerarmament.com/product/thunder-3-gun/
View Quote

That’s really thin kydex. I wouldn’t recommend it for any kind of serious use.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:22:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you measured the thickness of the kydex?

As far I can see from the posts in this thread. The only requirements mentioned are: retention, optic, WML. Show me a quote from this thread where “serious” or duty use is mentioned besides yours.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you measured the thickness of the kydex?

As far I can see from the posts in this thread. The only requirements mentioned are: retention, optic, WML. Show me a quote from this thread where “serious” or duty use is mentioned besides yours.
View Quote

You seem very emotionally invested in my comments. The kydex on that web page you linked shows that they use two layers of kydex to make it more durable. Which is fine but unlike the Safariland, (the holster the OP said he was interested in), it is not re-enforced. If the OP is looking at a Safariland holster he is looking for a serious holster, not a gamer holster using two thin pieces of kydex pressed together to “give your gear a unique look”. The Safariland holster is a gold standard for retention. It is proven.

@Achilles164

Give RDR gear a call. They do a lot of Safariland stuff and are experts on them. I’ve dealt with them before with great results.
https://rdrgear.com/products/quick-ship-safariland-holsters?variant=37802358866096

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You seem very emotionally invested in my comments. The kydex on that web page you linked shows that they use two layers of kydex to make it more durable. Which is fine but unlike the Safariland, (the holster the OP said he was interested in), it is not re-enforced. If the OP is looking at a Safariland holster he is looking for a serious holster, not a gamer holster using two thin pieces of kydex pressed together to “give your gear a unique look”. The Safariland holster is a gold standard for retention. It is proven.

@Achilles164

Give RDR gear a call. They do a lot of Safariland stuff and are experts on them. I’ve dealt with them before with great results.
https://rdrgear.com/products/quick-ship-safariland-holsters?variant=37802358866096

View Quote

I didnt realize 1 reply was an emotional investment, thanks! But go re-read the original post. OP said preferably Safariland, not MUST be Safariland. The OP asked a question, I gave a response that meets the criteria.  There’s no mention of no gamer holster either. There are plenty of gamers using Safariland holsters as well. Words matter.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are there currently known options for modifying a Safariland P320RX 6390RDS (X300U)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RDR mod for X5 for 6390RDS
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Safariland is likely your only option if looking for a level 3.  

I have one, carry a X Carry on duty but ordered the full sized one so I can add a comp later.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a holster (preferably Safariland) will fit an X Five Legion equipped with a RMR and X300U?  I'm looking for something similar to the 6378RDS models.  I ordered the 6378RDS-8192-131 for an M&P Core 9L hoping it fits.  But if anyone has some knowledge about a holster for this setup, I'm all ears.  Thank you.
View Quote

It looks like you've received some good advice in here already on finding the correct holster for your X5. I will tell you that the SKU in this post for an M&P Core 9L will absolutely not fit an X5; you should cancel that order or return it.

The Safariland ALS design locks onto the ejection port of the gun. Each holster is designed around a specific firearm and should not be used with any other design of firearm. There are rare instances of cross compatibility, and instances where you would expect compatibility but there isn't. An example of the former is Glocks, G26, G19, G17, and G34s all have the frame/ejection port geometry so they all fit in the same ALS holsters as long as the holster is at least as long as the gun. An example of the latter non-compatibility is an ALS holster for an M&P 1.0 will not work with an M&P 2.0 because S&W redesigned the ejection port geometry, so Safariland redesigned the holster and assigned a different part number.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know if the Safariland 6390RDS is compatible with the Gcode RTI hanger system or can the be made to be? I don’t see the three holes on the back of these holsters, and I’m hoping this can be possible as I’m looking for level III retention on my Wilson P320, X Carry, VP9, Glock 19 with light bearing (SF X300 U).
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#26]
All the 63xx series use the same 3 bolt safariland pattern.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the Safariland 6390RDS is compatible with the Gcode RTI hanger system or can the be made to be? I don’t see the three holes on the back of these holsters, and I’m hoping this can be possible as I’m looking for level III retention on my Wilson P320, X Carry, VP9, Glock 19 with light bearing (SF X300 U).
View Quote

G-code sells an adapter that screws into the safariland bolt pattern and attaches to the g-code hangers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#28]
That’s great information and feedback - thank you both very much @ SilasB and Sonoran_Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top