Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2018 8:30:40 PM EDT
Ordered one off of GB for $425. What am I in for? Accurate? Ammo picky?

I know they're made by Hammerli.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ordered one off of GB for $425. What am I in for? Accurate? Ammo picky?

I know they're made by Hammerli.
View Quote
Probably the most accurate .22 you can get for that price. They didn't leave the factory if they couldn't group five shots within 1" at 25m and came with a target to prove it. Mine measures 0.625".

They are designed to use standard velocity and I haven't had any issues with whatever I run through mine but I tend to use decent ammo.

They have a very good adjustable trigger that can be made even better with some $$.

Magazines are $35 each and new ones are usually only available from Larry's Guns. Larry's also carries other factory and aftermarket parts for them. If you order anything from Larry's, get a bag of chamber plugs so you can safely dry fire the pistol.

Search online and read about the trigger guard issue. Some guns need a bit of material removed for the trigger guard to fully seat, otherwise the trigger guard can break.

The slide stop detent on the aluminum slide is known to wear to the point that they will no longer hold the slide back on an empty magazine. Manually racking the slide instead of using the slide stop will minimize wear to the slide stop detent.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to own two of them long ago. Neat guns, felt great in the hand. I didn't know any better then and shot cheap high velocity ammo in them a lot. Stick with quality standard velocity.

Sort of wish I still had one but then again I'd want to be able to suppress it now and that doesn't seem practical on a Trailside.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My FFL forgot to load it up when he came up to Knoxville last weekend.    

I should be getting it on the 10th at the Chattanooga show. I look forward to shooting it as I've never shot one before. I also have a new (to me) Buckmark Pro Target I haven't shot yet either. Be interesting to see which one is better.

I also have a Hammerli International I haven't shot yet either, might have to get that one out too.    
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get it?

How do you like it?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you get it? How do you like it?
View Quote
Got it, love it, haven't shot it yet.......  

Had an arfcommer buddy have his wife pass away in her sleep just before Thanksgiving & I went back to Nashville to lend my support. Burial was last Thurs & just got home tonight.

I hope to run a few rds thru it this week, weather permitting.

I also have a Buckmark Pro Target that needs to be shot for the first time as well as a Hammerli International.  

Jesus, when did life get so complicated that I don't have time to shoot a couple of .22's?  
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought a second mag for it last weekend at the gun show. $40.  

Good news is, it's brand new. They're on GB for $50+, so I guess I did ok.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone else noticing a lack of pics in this thread?

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a very early Trailside target. It is very accurate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bought a second mag for it last weekend at the gun show. $40.  

Good news is, it's brand new. They're on GB for $50+, so I guess I did ok.
View Quote
Larry's Guns has them for $35 + shipping. I think they are the sole supplier in the US for factory Trailside/Xesse parts. They also have custom parts for Trailsides and Xesses. I've bought from them several times and they are GTG.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Yeah, yeah. I just got a new camera last week & have been playing with it some. I'll try to get the gun out today (still haven't shot it yet, rains ALL the time!) & get some pics.

Hell, I bet I have a good 1/2 dozen guns I haven't shot yet due to work, weather, chores & motorcycle riding.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#13]
You need to get out and try it. They are sweet shooting pistols with a very nice adjustable factory trigger.

I was going to let you know that Larry's Guns sold a barrel weight that would replace the missing plastic piece under the barrel, but Larry Carter has died and the future of the business is currently in limbo.

Although it is sad to hear of his passing, hopefully the business will continue or be passed on to another company. Otherwise, parts and support for Trailside/Xesse pistols may become much more difficult.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, I didn't know he died. I bought a Hammerli International from him a couple of years back.

Jeez, I hope someone steps up to run his business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top