Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2021 7:46:43 PM EDT
I sold my Sig XCompact about a year and a half ago? Not sure why. Been looking for one since last year and every time they popped up on PSA’s website, I was too slow.

Today I got up and decided to head to down to the LGS just for something to do. Walked in and looked at the Glocks (just bought a G45MOS) and they had a few 19X’s which I’ve been eyeing. Walked over to the Sig area and there it was sitting on the bottom shelf. It was the only polymer P320 they had. Top shelf was full of every kind of P365.

Wasn’t planning on buying anything but I couldn’t resist since I regretted getting rid of my other one. Now, for the ten day waiting period here in WA.

Going to go with the Vedder Light Tuck and IWB mag carrier. Just need to decide on the optic. Leaning towards a DPP but open to the Sig optics if they are decent.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
10 day waiting period?

You have my sympathy.  

Enjoy the P320 when you finally take possession!  
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My current favorite carry gun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It was one of my favorite guns as well. Not sure why I sold it.

Are you running a red dot?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
10 day waiting period?

You have my sympathy.  

Enjoy the P320 when you finally take possession!  
View Quote

Yeah. WA passed a law almost two years ago. It was actually an initiative that was voted on by the public. Unfortunately, however Seattle votes is how the state votes. Everything is controlled by king county. You used to be able to take possession day of with your permit.

Looking forward to carrying this gun again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It was one of my favorite guns as well. Not sure why I sold it.

Are you running a red dot?
View Quote

Negative, never made that jump. I carried a G23 or a 1911 depending on dress/weather for maybe a decade. I wanted something in 9mm again and I was bored with Glock. Got the XCompact and a P365 with it last summer. I’ve been carrying one of those everyday since.  I shoot the XCompact better than the G23, and nearly as good as my 1911s.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an SRO on mine but dislike the integrated rear sight on the coverplate for the mount. I will either buy a new slide with that RMR cut .
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Cut down an xcarry grip and use a carry barrel, for the real sex appeal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been stopping by my LGS weekly trying to find a P320 X Compact with no luck.  Purchased a G45 MOS and a P320 X Full Size not long ago and absolutely love the P320 X but need the X Compact now.  My EDC is  P365 XL and want to rotate it with a X Compact.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/242385/20210504_162709_jpg-1978659.JPG

View Quote

That is pretty sweet.

I'm a strong supporter of the X-Compact. Mine has been my EDC for almost 2 years now. It is the perfect carry gun for me. I've had guns that carry better and are easier to hide but I couldnt shoot them as well. This thing feels like it aims itself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/242385/20210504_162709_jpg-1978659.JPG

View Quote

@JoelAC89

What optic are you running? Looks good!
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@JoelAC89

What optic are you running? Looks good!
View Quote

Romeo 1 pro
I like it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought one at the Sig pro shop in Epping yesterday!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought one at the Sig pro shop in Epping yesterday!!
View Quote

I stopped in to the pro shop today to check this out.
I got rid of my original 320C a while back but thinking about jumping back in with this.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to get rid of my 320 x compact.
I have a 365 and a 365X and picked up the 320 AXG classic (great gun), so the 3.6 compact really has no place in my rotation.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I stopped in to the pro shop today to check this out.
I got rid of my original 320C a while back but thinking about jumping back in with this.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/223734/6C0188BD-D9CD-4A12-A813-C3C10C7AC27D_jpe-1990191.JPG
View Quote

IMO, there isn’t a good reason to carry any 320 under 3.9. If you need to go smaller than 3.9, then below is the answer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The 365xl won't take a 21 round magazine reload. Standard magazines are one plus going for the XCOMPACT. Feels better in my hand as well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The 365xl won't take a 21 round magazine reload. Standard magazines are one plus going for the XCOMPACT. Feels better in my hand as well.
View Quote

If you need more than 12+1 and a 15 reload in your pocket, when carrying in public, then I hope you have a good 2A lawyer on retainer. You’re trying to get away from trouble, not sticking around for 21 round mag dumps. John Wick isn’t real.

That said, you should try the XL with an adhesive grip and a Tac Dev base pad.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I am just saying that for magazine compatibility xcompact uses same magazine size and carriers as full size 320. I do have a 365 with the xl grip and flat trigger before Sig made the 365X. If I can find a holster to conceal as well as 365 I would prefer to carry the xcompact. I don't see why not carried a Glock 19 for years. Maybe just need to get the Comptac equivalent of the Minotaur I have for the 19.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine as well. Didn't come from Sig as an X Compact though. Started as an SC, then switched up to the WC grip module.
Almost as fast for me as a 1911.

Nick
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am just saying that for magazine compatibility xcompact uses same magazine size and carriers as full size 320. I do have a 365 with the xl grip and flat trigger before Sig made the 365X. If I can find a holster to conceal as well as 365 I would prefer to carry the xcompact. I don't see why not carried a Glock 19 for years. Maybe just need to get the Comptac equivalent of the Minotaur I have for the 19.
View Quote

Why even replace the 19 with a 320 then? Especially, if you’ve been shooting the 19 for years? The whole point of the XL is that it shoots like a bigger gun in a smaller package and would be worth the cost and effort to become proficient with a new handgun.

I CC’d a 226 for decades, beginning in the’80s, and practiced at 10 yards min and 25 yards max. I now CC an XL and practice at 16 and 27 feet. In the politically charged world we now live in, you’d better not shoot a “teen” outside that distance or it’ll be a coin flip whether you end up in prison or not.

I invested the time and money into this distinct transition from the 226 to the XL(the regular 365 was not for me). I wouldn’t have done the same to transition from the 226 to an X5.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#21]
The 320 series is what all the modifications to the Glocks want to end up being. For me I've had Glocks since 88. Know they work, made myself shoot them because of reliability. Never liked the finger safety and modified grips to try to fit my hand. After military chose M17 and M18 it's really hard not to join the band wagon.  Surplus will be the future and lots of parts will be available in the future. It's truly Lego pistol. Swapping almost everything is easy. Glocks limited themes forgetting the modularity future of firearms. I will keep my 19 gen 5 but everything else will go 320 and 365 for concealment. Had x5 and just not for me. Full size is great though and XCOMPACT. Looking forward to the new vendors and products they will make for the platform. Have a Gray Guns slide and very nice. I can conceal my 365 in a t-shirt but still want the XCOMPACT on my side if not the full slide.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
After military chose M17 and M18 it's really hard not to join the band wagon.  Surplus will be the future and lots of parts will be available in the future.
View Quote

I must have missed the flood of surplus M9 part that have been available everywhere the past twenty years seeing that the M9 has been in service for over thirty years.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Gun shows were full of cheap magazines grips holsters some barrels even saw slides. But thinking Sig will be much more with dry fire laser training devices that will be coming out. Plus Sig has invited other vendors to make parts for the 320s as well don't remember Beretta doing that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gun shows were full of cheap magazines grips holsters some barrels even saw slides.
View Quote

You must consider all the stuff stolen from the military as surplus.
Holsters were the only items I've ever seen sold as surplus.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

IMO, there isn’t a good reason to carry any 320 under 3.9. If you need to go smaller than 3.9, then below is the answer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/B423699C-1FE2-466A-884B-8764FCA40DD5_jpe-1990804.JPG
View Quote

I've had a P365XL for a year, and an P365X on the way.  This is still my EDC:

I shoot it much better than the P365XL (speed and accuracy).  I've ran thousands of rounds through the P320 platform, just hundreds through the P365XL, so there's that.  But the RXP is not that much harder to carry, and I've got magazines for days (15, 17, 21) thanks to also owning an M17, M18 and X-Five.  I also should note I've got tungsten weights in the grip module.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've had a P365XL for a year, and an P365X on the way.  This is still my EDC:

https://imgur.com/m2kgYnI.jpg

I shoot it much better than the P365XL (speed and accuracy).  I've ran thousands of rounds through the P320 platform, just hundreds through the P365XL, so there's that.  But the RXP is not that much harder to carry, and I've got magazines for days (15, 17, 21) thanks to also owning an M17, M18 and X-Five.  I also should note I've got tungsten weights in the grip module.
View Quote

I agree, and I should have qualified my assertion with the points you have made, in regards to not switching your CC weapon unless you have put the rounds down range to have full confidence with a new weapon.

I made your similar points to member who was switching his EDC CC weapon recently.

I put the work in to switch to an XL. In the current political climate, which scrutinizes heavily what you are carrying, in regards to the type of handgun and your load out, as well as “good shoot” defensive distances, I believe I have the perfect CC handgun in the XL.

I have one friend back home that is a DA Investigator and another that is a Prosecutor and if you would allow me to, let me give you a little advice that they gave me. You will be put under an extreme amount of scrutiny by your DA if you shoot a “teen” with your M18 and your 58 round load out. Then a prosecutor will attempt to make you look like something you aren’t and with the average IQ steadily dropping in the cities, you don’t need to help a prosecutor with the extra ammunition - pun intended - to sway a jury filled with halfwits. Send some rounds down range, pack your XL and carry a single extra mag.

Better yet, give your DA a call. He’s an elected official and will certainly have a conversation with you about his thoughts on legally carrying weapons and what rights he believes citizens have in using those weapons to protect themselves and their families. Keep in mind that he’s a politician and his tune could change when Reverend Al and his posse show up at his office.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree, and I should have qualified my assertion with the points you have made, in regards to not switching your CC weapon unless you have put the rounds down range to have full confidence with a new weapon.

I made your similar points to member who was switching his EDC CC weapon recently.

I put the work in to switch to an XL. In the current political climate, which scrutinizes heavily what you are carrying, in regards to the type of handgun and your load out, as well as “good shoot” defensive distances, I believe I have the perfect CC handgun in the XL.

I have one friend back home that is a DA Investigator and another that is a Prosecutor and if you would allow me to, let me give you a little advice that they gave me. You will be put under an extreme amount of scrutiny by your DA if you shoot a “teen” with your M18 and your 58 round load out. Then a prosecutor will attempt to make you look like something you aren’t and with the average IQ steadily dropping in the cities, you don’t need to help a prosecutor with the extra ammunition - pun intended - to sway a jury filled with halfwits. Send some rounds down range, pack your XL and carry a single extra mag.

Better yet, give your DA a call. He’s an elected official and will certainly have a conversation with you about his thoughts on legally carrying weapons and what rights he believes citizens have in using those weapons to protect themselves and their families. Keep in mind that he’s a politician and his tune could change when Reverend Al and his posse show up at his office.

View Quote

Thankfully, I don't live in the PRO.  :)  

That said, I EDC the X-Compact and one spare mag.  My M18, (when not in the safe) is part of my full kit (belt, carrier) so if I'm using it when not LARPing, things are so sideways that dealing with prosecutors would be a non-issue.  Not to mention that if I'm that kitted-up and playing for keeps, chances are good that I've already put a magazine of rifle rounds downrange before going to the handgun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That said, I EDC the X-Compact and one spare mag.  My M18, (when not in the safe) is part of my full kit (belt, carrier) so if I'm using it when not LARPing, things are so sideways that dealing with prosecutors would be a non-issue.  Not to mention that if I'm that kitted-up and playing for keeps, chances are good that I've already put a magazine of rifle rounds downrange before going to the handgun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back home is Stockton, one of the most violent cities in the nation. The year I left it was the 7th most violent city in the Country and the only one in the top ten that is west of the Mississippi.

Attachment Attached File

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not a State thing, it’s your DA. Also, most of Oregon isn’t what you think it is.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Picked up a Sig 320 carry last week. It is used in nice condition.
Today I went out to another shop and walked out with a Sig 320XC.
Used, unfired. I will start shooting them later in the week. Need to find a plate
Adapter for a Holosun/RMR footprint.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I just swapped my factory frame for a Wilson Combat Frame, the factory frame was nice and fit nice, but the Wilson Combat Frame is better in all ways. I am very pleased with what I can do with this pistol. The X-Compact is a solid choice for the all around 9mm shooter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a Wilson Combat grip for my compact. Had a time finding the compact grip but it's worth it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I got a Wilson Combat grip for my compact. Had a time finding the compact grip but it's worth it. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106651/20210813_094513_jpg-2055657.JPG
View Quote
Umm...nice Mantis?
Have the Wilson on mine and it's a nice package.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Umm...nice Mantis?

Nick
View Quote

Is that (wait for it....) his BUG?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Back home is Stockton, one of the most violent cities in the nation. The year I left it was the 7th most violent city in the Country and the only one in the top ten that is west of the Mississippi.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/BB8EE394-FFB3-4026-81CB-BF3F73A5430C_jpe-2047298.JPG

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not a State thing, it’s your DA. Also, most of Oregon isn’t what you think it is.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/526C7353-D649-442D-BEDA-A2B59D6A0EAE_jpe-2047107.JPG
View Quote

Hello from Detroit!

Been hot as hell here this summer so the P365 has been carried daily for the last month or so. Family is driving to TN this week, XC will attend.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Umm...nice Mantis?

Nick

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Here's the compact Wilson Combat grip feels good. Now to get to the range. Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top