Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 4:44:09 AM EDT
When did Sig start shipping the new P320’s with the fix (upgrade) for the drop issue? Just bought a Used P320 Carry Copperhead with a January 2019 build date. I’m sure this gun wouldn’t have any issues but I’m curious which parts were added to rectify the issue?

Also where are you all buying your 17 round mags? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Old triggers had a wider side profile than the new or upgraded trigger.

Easy to find google pics.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When did Sig start shipping the new P320’s with the fix (upgrade) for the drop issue? Just bought a Used P320 Carry Copperhead with a January 2019 build date. I’m sure this gun wouldn’t have any issues but I’m curious which parts were added to rectify the issue?

Also where are you all  buying your 17 round mags? Thanks.
View Quote

We had 450 of our 650 guns replaced.  They were made in November 2017 and delivered to me in December.  The Sig rep told me they were the first batch of upgraded weapons.  I know the government and civilian lines were shutdown at that time.  I'm certain your January 2019 pistol has every update.  

Greg Cote has the best price on P320 mags.  They are ACT mags not the MECGAR's.  David
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The trigger is noticeably thinner after the update.

Pre-upgrade:

Post-upgrade (top), along with one I purchased that already had the design change (bottom):

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
The trigger is noticeably thinner after the update.

Pre-upgrade:

https://i.imgur.com/eMS1NKP.jpg

Post-upgrade (top), along with one I purchased that already had the design change (bottom):

https://i.imgur.com/C9FFH27.jpg
View Quote

Thanks Steve. Just bought a Copperhead Carry and Full size model. Both are gtg.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#7]
How’s the quality on those ACT mags?

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JTC:
How’s the quality on those ACT mags?

View Quote

They're good to go IMO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]
They are solid so far in my range beat downs I have dropped them kicked them etc in classes.

It’s as close to factory ask you can get in my opinion

GTG like he said above me??
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JTC:
How’s the quality on those ACT mags?

View Quote

They're great. There are threads detailing them on here, Brian Enos, and Sigtalk and everyone has come to that same conclusion. I can't wait for them to make 15rd compact ones.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I am hearing there are still accidental discharge issues going on with newer guns.....a lawsuit being settled and a new one just started. Supposedly rounds discharging in holsters and on video.

I saw discussed on YouTube and I hope it is a mistake as I waited until this year to purchase a P320 and I bought three within a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am hearing there are still accidental discharge issues going on with newer guns.....a lawsuit being settled and a new one just started. Supposedly rounds discharging in holsters and on video.

I saw discussed on YouTube and I hope it is a mistake as I waited until this year to purchase a P320 and I bought three within a couple of weeks.
View Quote

Link?  First I’ve heard of this
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read this and notice at the bottom the court date of June 25th.
Settlement notice

That may be why a youtuber made a video warning people about it.

Sig statement.
https://www.sigsauer.com/Hartley/

Youtuber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTtnrFPLGs
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Settlement notice

Sig statement.

Youtuber.
View Quote

First of all that settlement is for pre-upgraded guns firing out of battery because no disconnector which is part of the upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]
The whole drop issue is still a concern of mine. Despite the changes I question if it is truly drop safe, or is did they just raise the height ceiling on how far it needs to be dropped to fire?

There's still nothing stopping the trigger from being moved during a drop.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First of all that settlement is for pre-upgraded guns firing out of battery because no disconnector which is part of the upgrade.
View Quote

IDK what year the guns mentioned here were purchased, but here is a pretty good list.
https://www.southwestledger.news/news/sig-sauer-p320-pistol-mishaps-reported#:~:text=A%20P320%20accidentally%20discharged%20in%20Tarrant%20County%2C%20Texas%2C%20on%20July,weapon%20until%20repairs%20were%20made.
https://www.classaction.org/media/gordon-v-sig-sauer-inc-third-amended-complaint.pdf

I take extra caution with all my 320's as none have a manual safety.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Settlement notice

Sig statement.

Youtuber.

Wrong........look at the first video he posted.......many of the new discharges happened with guns that had the voluntary upgrade and new models

This has me very concerned
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Concerned people should either not buy or buy the external safety model.

I have a 2lb trigger in an X-Five.
Not concerned.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#19]
When there are multiple new lawsuits for your firearm discharging on its own in its holster your should be concerned.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Not a single handgun I own has a manual safety. Been carrying handguns daily for 25 years, mostly SIGs, and have never ever had one go off on its own. Even dropped a 226 once without it being a holster. Dropped a 365 once while in a holster. Neither went off.

Edit- ok forgot my 2 1911 style guns I own. They have a manual safety but have never carried either one of these.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wrong........look at the first video he posted.......many of the new discharges happened with guns that had the voluntary upgrade and new models

View Quote

Are you talking the Guns and Gadgets guy?

I’ll be nice but after watching some of his videos recently, I have stopped watching most of his stuff or discount most of what he says.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I’ll be nice but after watching some of his videos recently, I have stopped watching most of his stuff or discount most of what he says.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree to the point of not putting too much stock in any internet guru, but he's just reading the list of incidents.  

The list is what concerns me, not the guy reading it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I agree to the point of not putting too much stock in any internet guru, but he's just reading the list of incidents.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likewise......he is just stating the facts I don’t know him or watch him.  The info he is supplying is alarming
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Likewise......he is just stating the facts I don’t know him or watch him.  The info he is supplying is alarming
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I posted the below excerpt in the "Handguns Forum" about "the list" as well. Because I am lazy I am going to just paste it here.

The "List" of "Recorded Accidental Discharges" posted in the SIG Forum by an internet Blogger is complete Bullshit and anecdotal at best. Most of it refers to AD's or ND's that occurred before the P320 was even introduced to the Market in 2014. So it is a clear intent to smear SIG. The rest of the list concerns me because again, every instance could also be due to Negligence or an ND by the Officer.
"I swear Sarge it just went off in my holster" Yeah because your finger was on the trigger while you were holstering it....
Lets remember that most Police Officers are not "Tackleberry's"  or Gun Guys/Gals and have the Bare Minimum in Training. SAME AS THE ARMY, and in the Army there is no such thing as an "Accidental Discharge" all unintentional discharges are Negligent.

Just an observation.
cp
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Check out the other thread. I’ve beat the shit out of mine trying to get the striker to drop, I can’t without pulling the trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top