Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2022 2:38:13 PM EDT
Which one for a suppressor host?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are excellent.  The USP is a stronger platform.  The 226 has a certain gravitas of history.

So…get both!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The USP, P226, and 92X are the best hammer fired guns ever made. Pick the one that fits your hand best.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The USP will be quite a bit more,money wise but a great choice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The USP will be quite a bit more,money wise but a great choice.
View Quote

I wanted to dispute this but checked pricing first.

There is not a universe that exists where a 9mm USP Tactical is worth their new $1600 asking price. And that’s coming from a guy who absolutely loves the USP.

P226 for sure, though I like Berettas better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
USP9T
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wanted to dispute this but checked pricing first.

There is not a universe that exists where a 9mm USP Tactical is worth their new $1600 asking price. And that’s coming from a guy who absolutely loves the USP.

P226 for sure, though I like Berettas better.
View Quote

I can find the USP tactical 9 for 1350 new.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Get all 3.  I have a LTT Elite RDO, P226 MK25 TB and a USP Expert 9.  Fav in order are prob the LTT then the USP then the 226.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The P226 will have a better trigger and handling - arguably the better shooter. However you need to make sure you are replacing recoil springs or you will eventually crack your frame.

That being said I no long have a P226 and just keep the USP. It’s the stronger platform and makes a better suppressor host.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#9]
USP.

I have an SD model which predates the 9T and it has been flawless...
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Hard to say.

I have a can on my 226, and a usp9c, which is my most accurate pistol....

Can't go wrng either way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
CZ-75BD
SigSauer P226
Taurus/Beretta 92
Browning Hi Power
Glock 17

The USP looks good and is reliable, but has a spongy trigger, and are expensive because HK uses pricing to try to seem exclusive, but they're in no way better than other quality competitors.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Sig has a better trigger, shoots better for me. The HK USP isn't a bad gun though, can carry it cocked and locked if you want. The DA pull on the HK sucks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The P226 will have a better trigger and handling - arguably the better shooter. However you need to make sure you are replacing recoil springs or you will eventually crack your frame.

That being said I no long have a P226 and just keep the USP. It’s the stronger platform and makes a better suppressor host.
View Quote

That was only on the German guns with the shitty breech block assembly. Everyone likes to trash on US made Sig’s but the stamped slide with two piece breech was a god awful design flaw to save money. Add in Sig’s failed “mud rails” in many of the German guns and they built a gun that wasn’t exactly the best for longevity.

Quality of manufacture could be questioned by some, but the design and engineering of the US made slides is vastly superior to the German guns. There are many accounts of US made Sig’s lasting over 100k rounds. Not so common on German guns.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The USP, P226, and 92X are the best hammer fired guns ever made. Pick the one that fits your hand best.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I've owned them all. I like shooting the SIG best, but kept the USP9T. I still can't explain that one to myself, other than I make the nicest targets with the USP even though it feels the worst.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Get all 3.  I have a LTT Elite RDO, P226 MK25 TB and a USP Expert 9.  Fav in order are prob the LTT then the USP then the 226.
View Quote

LTT 92 with threaded barrel will shame them all.  But I prefer the USPT to the P226 even though the USP trigger, even in "match" form, is not exactly good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Decocker from best to worst for me:
Sig
USP
Beretta

The Sig seems the most natural/easiest to decock, while the USP and Beretta seem to be placed in worse spots.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've owned them all. I like shooting the SIG best, but kept the USP9T. I still can't explain that one to myself, other than I make the nicest targets with the USP even though it feels the worst.
View Quote

Something about that is odd, isn’t it?

My 92 and both P226s feel great and I shoot them very well. But that chunky ass USP9 (and the 45, for that matter) just shoot so freaking well it’s not funny. I love them all.

OP, you can’t go wrong, no matter what you choose.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a USP 9SD with a match trigger installed, an MK25 P226 with SRT installed and threaded barrel, and a P226 ST with a threaded barrel.  All have hosted my 9mm suppressor and all do it really well.  The MK25 has the best trigger and I shoot it the best.  The USP9SD is the precursor to the tactical and did not come from the factory with the HK match trigger like the tactical does.  I fixed that as soon as I purchased it, but the trigger still blows like most HK triggers.  It is probably the best host for the suppressor and has the bonus of being able to be carried cocked and locked.  I shoot the MK25 all the time because it’s super fun to shoot and only take out the USP if I’m shooting with the suppressor.  If my choice was to have a bad ass novelty suppressed gun I’d pick the USP.  if I wanted a gun I was going to shoot all the time that could host a suppressor I’d pick the MK25.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top