Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 4:28:24 PM EDT
Hi fellas, I hope someone can help me out:

I just purchased a German made Sig P220R through GA.  I thought I was purchasing a pistol with the standard grip and frame (grip bushings, screws), but received an E2 grip and frame instead.  Not really happy about that, because I've got a nice pair of G10 grips that should be showing up at the house any day now.  

My question is, can the E2 grip be modified or converted to accommodate a "normal" grip, with bushings, screws and replaceable grips, or am I stuck with the E2?

Thank you for your time!

Bud
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ran across the kit to go to an E2 at top gun supply. It contains 3-4 parts. I’d presume there would either be a kit or at least the parts to reverse your pistol. Check out top gun, the description told which individual parts need changed, or in your case acquired. Mine are too old or I’d trade you the parts just to have one to try.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi fellas, I hope someone can help me out:

I just purchased a German made Sig P220R through GA.  I thought I was purchasing a pistol with the standard grip and frame (grip bushings, screws), but received an E2 grip and frame instead.  Not really happy about that, because I've got a nice pair of G10 grips that should be showing up at the house any day now.  

My question is, can the E2 grip be modified or converted to accommodate a "normal" grip, with bushings, screws and replaceable grips, or am I stuck with the E2?

Thank you for your time!

Bud
View Quote

There is a SIG E2 grip removal tool.
You will find threaded holes for in the frame for your conventional grips once the E2 is removed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiQwvpZZ2A4

ETA:
There may be an E2 tool under the foam in your SIG box.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no difference between the “E2” frame and the standard frame. There are a couple of parts that had to be changed out if going from a standard grip type to an E2 grip. You should be able to take off the E2 grips and put your G10 grips on just fine. There should already be threaded screw holes in your frame for your grip screws.

The only SIG I’m aware of this not being true was the P227s due to their grip design. The 227 needed screw bushings to hold the grip screws. There maybe one or two other models that need the same that I not aware of but the 220 is not one of them.

The E2 grip removal tool is also not the same for all models. Some may work with other models while others will not. You don’t have to have one to get the grips off, it just makes it easier.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing you will need are P220 screws and washers.  The 220 uses washers unlike the other Sigs.  Top Gun Supply should have the washers and screws.  You can pry the E2’s off without the special tool, just be careful.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By west2746:
There is no difference between the “E2” frame and the standard frame. There are a couple of parts that had to be changed out if going from a standard grip type to an E2 grip. You should be able to take off the E2 grips and put your G10 grips on just fine. There should already be threaded screw holes in your frame for your grip screws.

The only SIG I’m aware of this not being true was the P227s due to their grip design. The 227 needed screw bushings to hold the grip screws. There maybe one or two other models that need the same that I not aware of but the 220 is not one of them.

The E2 grip removal tool is also not the same for all models. Some may work with other models while others will not. You don’t have to have one to get the grips off, it just makes it easier.
View Quote

Yup.  Just changed out the E2 grips on my P227 to Hogue Piranha...took all of five minutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top