Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 6:52:08 PM EDT
Just added these grips today to my EDC, the genuine Sig Piranha grips. The trigger has been on there for a few years (W-engineering).

The pistol is the SAS model and originally had the brown two-texture grips, which I was never a big fan of. Extremely happy with how it looks now.

Though subtle, I also added stainless torx screws in place of the factory blue ones.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice looking. I love the color of the grips.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn you.

Now I need a Sig.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s very cool looking.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
For those unaware, this is what it looked like from the factory.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Very good looking, makes me not want to sell mine now.  I have the exact same model as the original configuration but just sits in the safe.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
How are these 938s running for you guys? They have always looked awesome to me, but have never pulled the trigger on one and it looks like SIG may be moving away from them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are these 938s running for you guys? They have always looked awesome to me, but have never pulled the trigger on one and it looks like SIG may be moving away from them.
View Quote

One of the few pistols I sold that I actually miss. Very solid. The 238 is a bit more fun and easier to shoot but both are great.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my 938 and the first thing I did was swap those grips out for some grey G10 scales.  It made it look so much cleaner.  

I think like your grips better.

How do you like the trigger?  Did it make much of a difference?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine is extremely accurate. I'm pretty pleased with it and have never had a malfunction.

It's really a question of the platform, if you're into a mini-1911 for an EDC vs other options like the P365 etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love my 938 and the first thing I did was swap those grips out for some grey G10 scales.  It made it look so much cleaner.  

I think like your grips better.

How do you like the trigger?  Did it make much of a difference?
View Quote

Just my opinion, but I found it to be largely a cosmetic upgrade. I'm not sure the action really changed all that much, hard for me to say. The main improvement, beyond cosmetic, is that the factory trigger can pinch sometimes. This one does not.

I do recall it's a PITA to change.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love mine. I changed the ambi safety for a left side single from the 238 because the ambi wanted to dig into my knuckle. It doesn't get shot much, but it truly is one of my favorite pistols.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice looking pistola. I also prefer the overall 2 tone look, compared to the wood grips. I am not knocking the wood grips but the composite grips just seem to match better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine is fantastic. Perfect back-up gun or summer time carry gun for shorts, tank top, etc.

But you are correct, the 365 is killing the 938. I much prefer the 938 balance, trigger & looks though.

But whatever else you do, make sure you get the pinky rest mags!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I do like those grips.
Link?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I do like those grips.
Link?
View Quote

https://www.sigsauer.com/grip-set-938-g10-piranha-blk-sig-medallion-1.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top