Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2021 7:57:07 PM EDT
I messed up my hip and it hurts to carry ar 3’ like I’ve been doing for years. Thinking about switching to a shoulder holster. Would be carrying a Sig 365 xl with a dot and maybe a light.

It seems mostly big guns are carried that way. Anybody have experience carrying a smaller auto and have holster suggestions?

I’m happy to pay what they are worth but if the prices are crazy I’m get a Fanny pack :-/
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask James Bond, Walther PPK in a shoulder holster Of course he wore a tuxedo usually. Pocket carry or IWB is usually best for me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A Galco Jackass rig or Miami Classic rig is very comfortable, but you need to be wearing a jacket. Doesn’t work in the summer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#3]
appendix carry?

http://www.klnullholsters.com/default.htm
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
appendix carry?

http://www.klnullholsters.com/default.htm
View Quote

@Gregory_K I've tried it with a bunch of guns and set ups. I hate it 100%. there's no way I can wear it comfortably if I do anything but stand.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Gregory_K I've tried it with a bunch of guns and set ups. I hate it 100%. there's no way I can wear it comfortably if I do anything but stand.
View Quote

I'm not a fan of it either, my keg puts the holster horizontal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
IDK

Still want one.

Miami Vice was a tv series we watched when it first aired.

OP

Get the Galco.

Then report back
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah all the cool guys on TV always have the shoulder holsters. If I was on TV and get free shoulder holsters I'd wear one too. OP, try out a fanny pack first and see if that will work, they're cheap for a first attempt.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Galco Miami Classic is usually the best starting point, but I don't think it allows a red dot much less a light.
Gunfighters Inc has a holster that seems to permit a light/RDS. No others that come to mind immediately.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Galco Miami Classic II.  It's a very comfortable shoulder holster that can be used with or without a belt.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Galco, all the way.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Safariland makes a few non-leather shoulder holsters that might be worth a look.  I have an ALS for my issued P365 and it’s pretty compact.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top