Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2020 8:28:26 PM EDT
So I have a couple 1.0 9mm shields. Looking at the XS big dot sights. Any other upgrades that you guys like or dont’t? Anyone put a different trigger in? Not sure if it’s a good idea on a carry gun or not? Thanks for any help guys
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
New sights and stippled grip is all I did to mine. Had it for years and it's my favorite "little" gun to carry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a PC 2.0 a couple months ago. The only thing that that I added was HD night sites.  Left the rest alone.No sense in screwing around with it if it doesn't need it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I put an Apex trigger in mine. So much better.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two 9mm Shields and a .45 Shield. they all have Ameriglo CAP sights, one 9mm & the .45 have Apex triggers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Apex trigger is awesome and big dots are great! Get the DXT2 OP
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Apex trigger
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Hyve trigger
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Trijicons , Apex and Stippling.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I put big dots on my gen 1 shield. I thought they were great. Ended up trading the gun to a coworker who never used them before. I told him if he didn't like the sights, that i'd put the originals back on for him. After a couple range trips he said he loved the sights as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I put I-dot Pros on mine.  Otherwise stock.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you guys putting the Apex trigger on the Gen1 models?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I didnt really like the big dot sights.  I put Ameriglow i dots on mine.  Rubber hogue grip sleeve.  Polished the trigger parts.  I don't like making many changes on a carry gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]
This is an essential component!

The Apex Duty kit, especially on a 1.0, takes the trigger to a new level.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Stipple, Apex, Ameriglo hackathorns, 10K rounds.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Just put a Hyve trigger and extended mag release in my 9mm 2.0. Now I'm trying to decide which sights to get.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Apex carry kit, Talon grip tape, light polishing and shoot it a lot.  At some point I'm going to change to change the sights, probably to a set of Truglos.  If you haven't used the Big Dots before, I recommend trying them first.  A lot of folks like them and I can see them being useful for something that you don't see yourself using past a few yards, but after that the dot is just too large in my opinion and it starts obscuring the target.  

@Britt-dog - How do you like the Hyve extended mag release?  Does it jut out much further than the stock release?  Any issues with inadvertently releasing the magazine?  When they get them back in stock I think I'd like to add one of those as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apex carry kit, Talon grip tape, light polishing and shoot it a lot.  At some point I'm going to change to change the sights, probably to a set of Truglos.  If you haven't used the Big Dots before, I recommend trying them first.  A lot of folks like them and I can see them being useful for something that you don't see yourself using past a few yards, but after that the dot is just too large in my opinion and it starts obscuring the target.  

@Britt-dog - How do you like the Hyve extended mag release?  Does it jut out much further than the stock release?  Any issues with inadvertently releasing the magazine?  When they get them back in stock I think I'd like to add one of those as well.
View Quote
The release doesn't stick out more than the factory one really. The factory release is cut on an angle sloping to the trigger guard where the Hyve isn't, this gives it more positive inward travel when depressed. Been carrying it for more than a week now in a Vedder light tuck, zero issues with many practice draws and reholsters. TBH I didn't have any issues with the factory release and purchased this one primarily for looks but it is a bit of an upgrade.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
The release doesn't stick out more than the factory one really. The factory release is cut on an angle sloping to the trigger guard where the Hyve isn't, this gives it more positive inward travel when depressed. Been carrying it for more than a week now in a Vedder light tuck, zero issues with many practice draws and reholsters. TBH I didn't have any issues with the factory release and purchased this one primarily for looks  but it is a bit of an upgrade. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
Apex carry kit, Talon grip tape, light polishing and shoot it a lot.  At some point I'm going to change to change the sights, probably to a set of Truglos.  If you haven't used the Big Dots before, I recommend trying them first.  A lot of folks like them and I can see them being useful for something that you don't see yourself using past a few yards, but after that the dot is just too large in my opinion and it starts obscuring the target.  

@Britt-dog - How do you like the Hyve extended mag release?  Does it jut out much further than the stock release?  Any issues with inadvertently releasing the magazine?  When they get them back in stock I think I'd like to add one of those as well.
The release doesn't stick out more than the factory one really. The factory release is cut on an angle sloping to the trigger guard where the Hyve isn't, this gives it more positive inward travel when depressed. Been carrying it for more than a week now in a Vedder light tuck, zero issues with many practice draws and reholsters. TBH I didn't have any issues with the factory release and purchased this one primarily for looks  but it is a bit of an upgrade. 

Good to know.  The angle is the thing I was interested in changing; I find I shift my grip angle slightly when ejecting the mag and the extended release should help fix that.    I found them selling on ebay and in stock so I'll probably order one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool, that looks good.  I wish mine didn't have the safety as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you guys. I will look at the other sights you guys have mentioned. It only has maybe 500 rounds on them (I have 2) so they really need shot a ton more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top