Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2021 4:35:24 PM EDT
I’ve tried to contact them a couple of times to no avail about this so I decided to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Got some of the s15 mags and wanted a metal mag catch also. Well the mag catch works with the metal mags but won’t come close to allowing the factory mags on my 48 to drop free. Like I really have to pull them out with some force. It even leaves a mark on the mag where it’s rubbing so hard.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you think I should just file it down myself.

Tried to post a picture. Ain’t working.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a 48 but my 43X with SA mags and their mag catch works fine on their mags and my four OEM Glock mags.  Drops free with no issues.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m having this issue with my 43x mos. The OE, Shield and ETS mags drop free with the OE mag catch. However, with the Shield catch only ETS and S15 mags drop free... I might dump my shield mags altogether. Maybe.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I am waiting on my Shield Arms S15 mags, when I got SA mag catch I installed it and I had the same issue as OP stated with my G48.  I am hoping this is not going to be the case when I receive my S15 mags.  

What sucks is why would OEM G48 10 round mags will drop free?  Does anyone know?  I don't have S15 mag to actually compare but I sure like to know.  I did compare Glock OEM mag catch vs SA mag catch and what I notice is the rod that keep the mag catch slot on S15 is more toward enter than Glock OEM mag catch.  Enough to hold OEM mag from ejecting free so one has to help by pulling it out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top