Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2017 3:20:12 AM EDT
Hello guys,
there are three mount plates coming with the Walther Q5, Leupold, Trijicon and Docter.

Can someone tell me please, if one of this mount plates will fit with the Shield RMS?

I appreciate any info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello everyone,
as my writing is somewhat better than my speaking, I´m a bit shy of phonecalling an English native speaker, especially because I´ve learned to speak American English and should talk to a Brit (which I hardly don´t understand).

But because for the heck of it, I was so curious that I just called Shield.

They told me, that the Shield RMS will match the Leupold mount plate of the Q5!

What a great info - BUT - with this mount it wouldn´t co-witness because of it´s height.
Right now they are working on several mount plates, which will show up in a couple weeks, including one for the Q5 which hopefully will c-w with the irons, like the clerk said.

Just wanted to share this info, so.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I also spoke to shield and was told they are working on their own Q5 mount plate. My understanding is that the shield/jpoint sights have the exact same base as the original deltapoint. The original DP has the same spacing as the DP Pro, but the positioning studs on the PRO are slightly larger diameter than the original DP so it might not fit. I was thinking about ordering a RMS and modding it to fit if needed, but I have a docter for now so I think ill wait and see what they come up with.

My docter sight almost allows for a very low cowitness as is. You can just see the tip of the front post at the bottom of the window which helps with dot acquisition.  Judging by how thin the RMS is ill bet you could get a lowe 1/3 cowitness using the factory base. It will be sweet if they can get it even lower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:18:09 AM EDT
[#3]
That would be absolute fantastic and a great solution.

As I´m having a Docter here, I wiil wait until Shield brings out that mount plate, and if so, I wiil order a Shield.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
To update this...I was told by a walther employee yesterday that the RMS will fit the dp pro base, and the new Q4 match videos that dropped today show the gun with a RMS mounted to it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone confirm if the Deltapoint plate actually works properly?

Better yet, is there a US source for the actual Shield plate?  I can't seem to find one.  http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/walther-ppq4-5-match-plate

I just ordered my Q5 and they're telling me it's a 3-5 week wait, so I'd like to get the optic squared away.  I'll probably order the RMSC from Brownells, but I'm hoping I don't have to order the plate from the UK.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can anyone confirm if the Deltapoint plate actually works properly?

Better yet, is there a US source for the actual Shield plate?  I can't seem to find one.  http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/walther-ppq4-5-match-plate

I just ordered my Q5 and they're telling me it's a 3-5 week wait, so I'd like to get the optic squared away.  I'll probably order the RMSC from Brownells, but I'm hoping I don't have to order the plate from the UK.
View Quote
It's been seven weeks since I ordered my Q5.  

I'm considering canceling the order.  It looks like Brownells will let me return the RMSC, but I doubt Shield will let me return an international order.

Link Posted: 6/27/2018 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The DPP plate works but the alignment posts are a tight fit for the holes in the RMS so you really need to apply some force to get it seated flat. the RMSC does not use the side load battery like the standard RMS so you will need to remove it from the gun to change the battery. I found that the dot started to fade after 6 months of being kept in a bright area 24/7.  Would last longer if stored in the dark, but i wanted to get an idea of minimum battery life. Also, the DPP plate allows a cowitness with the factory front sight and rear notch. The POI=POA is about 7'. You could use the Shield plate or a slightly taller front sight to  push that POI=POA out to a slightly more useful distance. I just estimate the holdover since the irons are just a backup as far as im concerned.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's been seven weeks since I ordered my Q5.  

I'm considering canceling the order.  It looks like Brownells will let me return the RMSC, but I doubt Shield will let me return an international order.

View Quote
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/723364210587
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Those prices are significantly more than what Walther is charging me... assuming they ever decide to ship the damn thing. $715 would get me five total mags and include shipping.

Might say screw it and get a Blue Label G34 for less. I'm tired of Walther leading me on. Any excitement I had for this thing died out a long time ago.

Anyone need an actual Shield Walther plate?  Brownells return policy is awesome to return the RMSC but I really don't want to send the plate back to the UK. I'll eat the international shipping charges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top