Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 3/6/2018 8:44:06 PM EDT
I just bought a P45, the version with the blakckened slide.  The plastic nubs on the grip are uncomfortably sharp, but the slide stop and slide serrations are so sharp they will probably draw blood.

This is my third Kahr, neither of the other two are anything like this. The plastic grip will be easy enough to deal with, but I don’t want to ruin the finish knocking the sharp edges off the slide.

Anyone else run into a similar issue?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The older original K series had very sharp front edges on the slide stop.

I'd contact Kahr and ask them to send you a shipping label or pickup notice and send the gun back for correction.
They're pretty good about fixing things like this.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
The older original K series had very sharp front edges on the slide stop.

I'd contact Kahr and ask them to send you a shipping label or pickup notice and send the gun back for correction.
They're pretty good about fixing things like this.
View Quote
Already done that, I haven’t heard back from them yet.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
People sometimes drop the ball.
If you haven't heard by next week, give them a call.

Kahr is pretty good about correcting problems.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 2:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Warhawk] [#4]
I finally got thru to Kahr customer service. They gave me an RMA and they will takea look at it, but I have to ship it to them on my dime, UPSor FEDEX express.  That's $50-100 bucks, screw that I'll break out the stones and take care of any sharp edges myself.  Give it that "thrown down the driveway" look
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not just throw it down the driveway a few times?
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top