Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2021 9:00:35 AM EDT
So I saw these CZ red & blue competition pistols and they look like a Shadow2. What are the differences?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/shoot-red-versus-blue-with-new-cz-competition-pistols/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20211119_FridayDigest_357&utm_campaign=/digest/shoot-red-versus-blue-with-new-cz-competition-pistols/
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Most obvious difference is that it has the slide and frame length of the SP01. The Shadow 2 has a longer slide, barrel and frame.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are SP01 (old model).  I assume theyre just trying to squeeze some more profit/interest out of their old parts and tooling.

I had a couple SP01's before I went full-shadow 2.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Any special tweaks from the factory on these?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The SP-01's pictured have a firing pin block. The Shadow 2 has no firing pin block. Makes a big difference as far as trigger goes. Looking at the MSRP it's almost the price of Shadow 2 and you get way more pistol IMO.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any special tweaks from the factory on these?
View Quote

I have a shadow 2 and I must say it is pretty awesome. As others said the biggest difference is the length and the fire pin block. Otherwise I think if there are any difference, you won't really notice them. They say they put a lighter recoil spring in it so I imagine if you plan to fire full powered 9mm out of them, you might get a bit more wear on them.

I recommend just going with a shadow 2 if you can find them.

Also keep in mind if there are any difference, no normal person would probably notice. CZ is a master of marketing and that's how their pistol survived this entire time. That and it's a pretty good shooter but otherwise I wouldn't really fall for marketing ploys. Just get what you want and don't read too much into it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#6]
And these both use standard CZ75 mags correct?
Not a lot of reviews on these.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And these both use standard CZ75 mags correct?
Not a lot of reviews on these.
View Quote

Yes, any standard CZ75 mags will work

I stopped by a gun shop yesterday and he just got in a couple of the SP01 Competitions so I was able to check one out. I was mostly curious about the trigger and how it compared to the Shadow 2. The trigger was better than a standard SP01 for sure but not as good as my Shadow 2, it was slightly heavier and had a tiny bit of creep before it broke. Still a very nice trigger though, both in SA and DA. One reason I could see someone picking this over a Shadow 2 is if you planned to use it for defensive purposes, it would be excellent for that with its good but not dangerously light trigger, firing pin block, and smaller size compared to the Shadow 2.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Are the SP01’s discontinued?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I don’t know if they are discontinued, but there are plenty available.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I was in a gunshop near my In-laws house not too long ago and they had these SP-01 Competitions priced for almost 2k.  I asked to handle one, and as best i can tell its a pretty standard SP-01 with colored Grips, magwell and baseplates.   (at least the trigger felt that way to me)

Not worth what they were asking.  Granted i haven't seen them at other shops so i dont know if that LGS just had them marked way the fuck up.  

I recently just picked up a CZ Custom SP-01 Shadow Target II for like $1400 and that was WAYYY more better than these SP-01 Competitions.

edit: i misremembered, they did not have magwells.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Do they still have the fpb? Does not say shadow on the slide, and they have the flat safety levers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#12]
CZ SP-01 competition does have the firing pin block !!  DOH.

Cheaper to DIY upgrade a regular SP01 using CGW parts and remove the firing pin block (and/or go SAO).
Or just buy the Shadow 2 !!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Still a good looking pistol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top