Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2018 10:14:14 PM EDT
I'm looking at purchasing a new Shadow 2 very soon. Currently, I have a CZ SP01 (safety version), P09, and RAMI decocker. They're all stock aside from sights on the P09. I would be selling the SP01 in order to partially fund the Shadow 2.
I think the Shadow 2 looks awesome, but haven't been able to feel one in person. Does the undercut and beavertail provide a much higher grip than the standard SP01? I handled a Tactical Sport Orange last weekend, and it felt downright amazing and was curious if the frame feels similar to a Shadow 2 aside from the gas pedal and jet funnel. I don't know if I'd be shooting competitively anytime soon, so it'd be a range gun and not CCW or even nightstand gun.
Also, are there any threaded barrel options for the Shadow 2? I know I can find them for the SP01, but haven't gotten one yet.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is that after I fondled one last weekend, all my future pistol purchase plans went out the window until after I get a Shadow 2.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Shadow 2 was on my short list but I got a Beretta M9A3 instead. I need to fondle a Shadow 2 first, hopefully I'll have one by next year. Love the looks of it
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shadow 2 was on my short list but I got a Beretta M9A3 instead. I need to fondle a Shadow 2 first, hopefully I'll have one by next year. Love the looks of it
View Quote
You wont even want to shoot that beretta after the Shadow 2.

OP dont hesitate. You’ll love it. You’ll love it even more if you put a CGW kit inside it. Not that the trigger isnt already fantastic but you are going to turn an excellent trigger into a fine tuned precision swiss clock!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You wont even want to shoot that beretta after the Shadow 2.

OP dont hesitate. You’ll love it. You’ll love it even more if you put a CGW kit inside it. Not that the trigger isnt already fantastic but you are going to turn an excellent trigger into a fine tuned precision swiss clock!
View Quote
Have you shot an SP01 as well and can compare?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I am so happy with my SP01 Shadow that I feel no need for a Shadow 2. I was able to fondle a Shadow 2 at the funshow last weekend and it just does not fit me like the original Shadow does.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had both a shadow custom and a shadow2, and i currently shoot a TSO in uspsa.

The shadow 2 is mostly right straight from the box.  You can clean lighten the DA trigger pull with a 11 or 13# mainspring....and after that it doesn't need much.   SA trigger pull and reset are good enough i didn't feel a strong need to buy cajun or czc parts to make it better.  The frame is a considerable upgrade over the SP01...proper checkering gives it a good grip in the hand, squared trigger guard, choice of safeties, etc...

All in all the S2 is a great blaster.  Plus IF you make the dive into competition you'll have one of the best production division guns available.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#7]
You really should try and shoot one to find out if you like it.  I plan to get a Shadow2 as my next pistol I am already saving my milk money for it.  I am also considering getting the Bull version or the bushing upgraded version.  We will see when I get the money what happens and which one I get.
The pistol is kind of heavy
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I own an SP-01 as well. The S2 is a beefed up SP-01 basically. Heavier and meatier. The back of the grip is also bigger. But its not to the point to where its to big for your hande. In fact after handling TS frames alot now, the S2 seems small lol. It’s alot more fine tuned than the SP-01. The SP-01 was basically designed as a duty gun, while the S2 was intentionally a competition gun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've had both a shadow custom and a shadow2, and i currently shoot a TSO in uspsa.

The shadow 2 is mostly right straight from the box.  You can clean lighten the DA trigger pull with a 11 or 13# mainspring....and after that it doesn't need much.   SA trigger pull and reset are good enough i didn't feel a strong need to buy cajun or czc parts to make it better.  The frame is a considerable upgrade over the SP01...proper checkering gives it a good grip in the hand, squared trigger guard, choice of safeties, etc...

All in all the S2 is a great blaster.  Plus IF you make the dive into competition you'll have one of the best production division guns available.
View Quote
I said the same about the S2 until i handled one with a CGW package. It was night and day. I was convinced and i have my parts on the way.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Classing rules aside which one is more fun to shoot, S2 or TSO?  Do they feel a lot different?

I'm debating between S2 or diversifying to something different like a WC 92G since I already have a TSO
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Spent 2 years shooting SP01 Shadow Customs with all the CZC upgrades.  Still have them.  Went to a Shadow 2 with some spring changes and is it better than the Customs.  Also shoot a Czechmate open gun.   The Shadow 2 feels better in the hand than all of them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all of the input everyone. One popped up in the EE, so I just bought that. Hope to have it soon and then I'll be doing a side by side comparo of my own before deciding if I love it enough to sell my SP01 for.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks for all of the input everyone. One popped up in the EE, so I just bought that. Hope to have it soon and then I'll be doing a side by side comparo of my own before deciding if I love it enough to sell my SP01 for.
View Quote
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? I got mine from Kentucky Gun Co for $976 a few weeks back when they offloaded all of their black models. Sold my SP-01 Tactical and Compact D surp to fund it. Totally worth it especially with the #13 main spring .
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Sadly, more than that but I don't think I got a bad deal. They're still going for more than what I paid just about everywhere including Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sadly, more than that but I don't think I got a bad deal. They're still going for more than what I paid just about everywhere including Gunbroker.
View Quote
Yeah, my buddy got his for $1065 before shipping off of GB and when he got it, that's where I was like, "ok I have to have this!". Just got lucky that the deal popped up a few days after.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#16]
When you look at other options in the $1100 to $1300 range, I think the S2 is completely worth it.
You won't regret your decision IMO. It's a huge evolutionary step over your current SP-01.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When you look at other options in the $1100 to $1300 range, I think the S2 is completely worth it.
You won't regret your decision IMO. It's a huge evolutionary step over your current SP-01.
View Quote
You said it perfectly.

I just picked it up from my LGS today and it felt freaking amazing. The checkering helps a ton with grip and the higher placement feels perfect. The DA pull feels wickedly smooth and lighter than my 226's SA pull I think. Couldn't imagine it with a CGW kit. I plan on shooting it this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive been looking for a 9mm TSO.

My buddy just got a Shadow II and loves it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:58:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes. Worth it, but look at Target II.

I have the CZ Shadow 2 Black, CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II (CZ Custom) and the CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange (TSO).

In terms of accuracy from best to least best, it is CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II – (CZ Custom), TSO, and then the Shadow II.

The Target II trigger is outstanding, The SAO trigger of the TSO is also great and the Shadow 2 is good but has more creep in it than any of the others.

These are all great pistols but If I could only choose one it would be the Shadow Target II (CZ Custom). It is the bee's knees.

ETA: They are all 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have the CZ Shadow 2 Black, CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II (CZ Custom) and the CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange (TSO).

In terms of accuracy from best to least best, it is CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II – (CZ Custom), TSO, and then the Shadow II.

The Target II trigger is outstanding, The SAO trigger of the TSO is also great and the Shadow 2 is good but has more creep in it than any of the others.

These are all great pistols but If I could only choose one it would be the Shadow Target II (CZ Custom). It is the bee's knees.

View Quote
The Target II has the tight removable bushing right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. It does not.
CZ Target II
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I’ll probably be one of the few people that does not think the shadow 2 is worth its price. I enjoy the new frame and slide design but the quality is the same as their 500 dollar pistols. The pistol had one target population “production class” and they failed to optimize springs, trigger and grips for competition. That being said, I don’t plan to sell mine and had already ordered all the upgrades from CGWs before I took ownership of the gun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
The ergos on the Shadow 2 are superior than the SP01.

If you liked the way a TSO handles but would like something is a somewhat more practical package, the S2 is it.

As an aside, I just got back from a two-day, 1,700 round USPSA training full of 2011's.  The only two guns that didn't have a single malfunction, o suffe a failure o breakage of any kind were my TSO .40 and my buddies S2.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The ergos on the Shadow 2 are superior than the SP01.

If you liked the way a TSO handles but would like something is a somewhat more practical package, the S2 is it.

As an aside, I just got back from a two-day, 1,700 round USPSA training full of 2011's.  The only two guns that didn't have a single malfunction, o suffe a failure o breakage of any kind were my TSO .40 and my buddies S2.
View Quote
As soon as I got the gun home and felt it, wielded it around the house a bit and such, I put my SP01 up for sale. The ergonomics feel amazing on the S2. I plan on hitting the range tomorrow to see how I like shooting it. The only thing I'd possibly see myself changing based on shooting would the grips, as the aluminum isn't the greatest grip I've had. I have VZs on my SP01, and may consider something similar.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As soon as I got the gun home and felt it, wielded it around the house a bit and such, I put my SP01 up for sale. The ergonomics feel amazing on the S2. I plan on hitting the range tomorrow to see how I like shooting it. The only thing I'd possibly see myself changing based on shooting would the grips, as the aluminum isn't the greatest grip I've had. I have VZs on my SP01, and may consider something similar.
View Quote
LOK Bogies are where it's at my man.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#26]
My S2 after a self installed CGW kit. Hand fitted the disconnector to have a 1mm reset and 0 overtravel after the moment it resets. It’s pretty night and day between a stock S2 and the CGW kit

Top is SA, bottom is DA.

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did the same and sold my SP01 in favor for the S2. Had VZ grips on the SP01 and never really liked them. Got LOK thin Bogies for the S2 and am super happy. In my opinion they are more aggressive then the VZs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#28]
If you're not going to compete with it, it's sort of a waste.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you're not going to compete with it, it's sort of a waste.
View Quote
Possibly.

But you don't have to compete to enjoy shooting an exceptionally nice handgun.

But the Shadow 2 is a competitor no doubt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I finally got a chance to shoot it last night. Put around 150rd through it or so. It's a lot more accurate than I am, plus I'm still relatively new to pistol shooting (couple thousand rounds shared between multiple different handguns). I first shot from a rest at 10yd. Two full mags within a 3" circle using Speed Lawman 124gr FMJ. I then stood up and fired two mags into a probably 5" circle from the same distance. I changed mags and tried Speed Lawman 147gr TMJ that I usually shoot with my suppressed guns, and the group opened up a bit. I shot at 15yd afterwards with the 124gr and it went pretty well. I'd like to become more consistent with it, then eventually get competitive. Stock grips seemed to feel fine for now. It was a bit humid at the indoor range (dew on the concrete floors all over), and I found that my support hand to get a little sweaty and not too firm against my strong hand, so I don't think that helped with my concentration.

Any tips?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I finally got a chance to shoot it last night. Put around 150rd through it or so. It's a lot more accurate than I am, plus I'm still relatively new to pistol shooting (couple thousand rounds shared between multiple different handguns). I first shot from a rest at 10yd. Two full mags within a 3" circle using Speed Lawman 124gr FMJ. I then stood up and fired two mags into a probably 5" circle from the same distance. I changed mags and tried Speed Lawman 147gr TMJ that I usually shoot with my suppressed guns, and the group opened up a bit. I shot at 15yd afterwards with the 124gr and it went pretty well. I'd like to become more consistent with it, then eventually get competitive. Stock grips seemed to feel fine for now. It was a bit humid at the indoor range (dew on the concrete floors all over), and I found that my support hand to get a little sweaty and not too firm against my strong hand, so I don't think that helped with my concentration.

Any tips?
View Quote
Try using the extended safety. It helps with grip. On the bench i can punch out a 1” square with irons at 15 yards using reloads. I use generally an 11lb recoil spring with a 13lb hammer spring with 130pf ammo but more recently for steel matches and lighter loads i use a 9lb recoil and 11.5 hammer spring.

A simple mod you can make is putting a CGW barrel bushing in and it will have 0 play in the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I got tired of waiting for the TSO to come in stock.  Local dealer had a black & blue shadow 2 come in.  $1125 plus tax so I wouldn’t say I got a deal but I wanted one in my hands.

Just waiting for the weather to clear.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I finger banged a Shadow 2 last week. It's a nice little gun, IMO. I don't believe it's as nice as my Accu Shadow though, although to be fair the Shadow 2 is a good bit cheaper.

The trigger WAS real nice on the sample I played with. If one likes CZ's, this one is a nice one to have, IMO.

My .o2

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have.  

Attachment Attached File

Out of the Box, the S2 is way better.

BUT, you take an SP-01 and Cajunize that sumbitch and they are about as good as each other.

I will say, by the time you get done tuning an SP-01, you could have bought an S2.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/img] [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_tongue.gif
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/20170607_130943-463859.JPG

Out of the Box, the S2 is way better.

BUT, you take an SP-01 and Cajunize that sumbitch and they are about as good as each other.

I will say, by the time you get done tuning an SP-01, you could have bought an S2.
View Quote
the obvious answer is to buy the S2 and cajunize it :D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top