Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2021 2:32:47 AM EDT
Hello all,

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up a Shadow 2 Optics Ready this weekend. Talk me out of it? Anything I should know first?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is your first CZ you will want more, like BRD
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If this is your first CZ you will want more, like BRD
View Quote

This will actually be my first CZ.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Well get ready to quickly get to ten.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I almost pulled the trigger on one but I think I'll keep shooting Limited for another season.

They're $1399 on Gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot a legion x5 in CO but I really want to switch over to a shadow 2. Did you get it ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Got sold while I was mulling it over. Decided to go for it, now just trying to find one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I almost pulled the trigger on one but I think I'll keep shooting Limited for another season.

They're $1399 on Gunbroker right now.
View Quote

thank you.  im $1399 lighter now.  It will go nicely with my standard Shadow 2
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Put an SRO on it.  Shoot it in Carry Optics.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't shoot competition.  I replaced my single stack STI Lawman in 45 with my first shadow 2.

I just wanted something enjoyable to shoot and it checked a lot of boxes.  Im going to put a SAO flat trigger in the new one, get new grips, and install a magwell.  Other than that, I'll probably leave it alone.
Glad I got mine Monday. They had 8 left and were sold out by Tuesday @ $1399.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:51:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Shot mine for the first time last week. 507 and palm swell grips. Fricken amazing. Shadow target has a lighter trigger, but shadow 2 you just shoot and don’t even notice the trigger. Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally found a Shadow 2 OR to order, so now it's on its way. Just realized it doesn't come with a mounting plate. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy the CZ factory RMR plate for the Shadow 2?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I've debating hard on picking up a S2 OR but I can't get over that long and heavy DA trigger pull. After the CGW parts to fix those two issues I would almost be at the price of a TSO. I was looking to use it for carry optics but I think I'll just wait to get one of the TS 2's or an TSO and use my G34.5 for carry optics.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#13]
duplicate post.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Finally found a Shadow 2 OR to order, so now it's on its way. Just realized it doesn't come with a mounting plate. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy the CZ factory RMR plate for the Shadow 2?
View Quote

I'm using this one from chpws.  You can buy it from them or Cajun Gun Works.  Their P10 plate will also work.  Fit is perfect.  You will need 10 inch pound torque wrench setting to install it correctly.  You don't want to over tighten the screws.
https://chpws.com/product/cz-shadow-2-optics-ready-v4-mil-leo-to-rmr-sro-holosun-407-507-508
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've debating hard on picking up a S2 OR but I can't get over that long and heavy DA trigger pull. After the CGW parts to fix those two issues I would almost be at the price of a TSO. I was looking to use it for carry optics but I think I'll just wait to get one of the TS 2's or an TSO and use my G34.5 for carry optics.
View Quote

I have the S2 Optic Ready with a full Cajun Pro Kit installed.  My DA pull is just under 6 and my SA is 2.5.  Will be my first season shooting Carry Optic.  Shot a Czechmate in open prior to that.  You are aware you will not be able to use the TS2 or TSO in Carry Optics?

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have the S2 Optic Ready with a full Cajun Pro Kit installed.  My DA pull is just under 6 and my SA is 2.5.  Will be my first season shooting Carry Optic.  Shot a Czechmate in open prior to that.  You are aware you will not be able to use the TS2 or TSO in Carry Optics?

https://i.postimg.cc/GtbmXFT7/IMG-2705.jpg
View Quote
I want to slap a dot on my 2011 and shoot Limited Optics Major.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I want to slap a dot on my 2011 and shoot Limited Optics Major.
View Quote

If they open up that new division, I guess I'll get this milled for optics.  Since I am a jack of all USPSA divisions and certainly a master of none.

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I wasn't aware of that. That's unfortunate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm aware of the no SAO in carry optics and SAO only in limited/open. If I go the TSO or TS 2 in green (whenever the other two options arrive) I will just shoot SC or take the hit on points in open because of minor and just have fun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have a holster recommendation for a Shadow 2 with a Holosun 507?
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone have a holster recommendation for a Shadow 2 with a Holosun 507?
View Quote

I still had my red hill tactical “3-gun” holster, from my first S2.  I didn’t want to buy a new holster, so I just cut it to fit. They make one that is cut lower from the factory, and it’s cut below the ejection port.  

It does what I wanted it to do.

I was looking at the Legacy Kraken qls before I decided to cut mine.  That’s a good looking holster

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Holy crap, the supply of them must have dried up.  Only 1 on GB and bidding is up to $1825 (edit: sold $1910) with time to go.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902375590

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top