Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2018 6:41:54 PM EDT
Im between a glock 30s, a ppq and a 2.0 45 acp (compact or full size)   gun is for range and carry use during the winter.  Anyone have any experience that can explain why they prefer a m&p over the competition?  I know its all subjective, just looking for personal opinions/experience.   I usually carry a glock 19 but im a large guy so i dont think the size would be an issue....
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot M&Ps better than a Glock. I used to be an all Glock guy, but not anymore.

To me the M&P shoots and handles better than a Glock. The design of the Glock hurts my hands when shooting and I love to shoot.

I always shoot a Glock to the left and high just a bit. I know thats my fault, but I dont do it nearly as bad with an M&P.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
No one else here likes the 2.0 45 acp?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only add that I have a 30S and a M&P 2.0 9mm.

The 30S if my favorite gun in the safe, the thicker grip makes it fill my hand better than small framed glocks. It's like a chubby little hot rod, and super fun and accurate to shoot. I put a smooth OEM trigger shoe in it and polished it up, run with the flush mag, and good sights. truly love it.

The 2.0 is great. Apex trigger still isn't as good as a properly massaged Glock trigger IMHO. The texture on the grip is tenacious, but you won't wear it against your skin for more than 45 seconds, I can promise you that. It would fuzz up any shirt in a hurry as well. Still a great gun, the 1.0 45's are so cheap at Bud's (under four), I'd pick one up and just put an Apex in it with the savings, but I can't figure out why only ten rounds in a full size gun? hell I'm 8+1 in my 1911 Sig. That alone kills it for me, at least for now
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can only add that I have a 30S and a M&P 2.0 9mm.

The 30S if my favorite gun in the safe, the thicker grip makes it fill my hand better than small framed glocks. It's like a chubby little hot rod, and super fun and accurate to shoot. I put a smooth OEM trigger shoe in it and polished it up, run with the flush mag, and good sights. truly love it.

The 2.0 is great. Apex trigger still isn't as good as a properly massaged Glock trigger IMHO. The texture on the grip is tenacious, but you won't wear it against your skin for more than 45 seconds, I can promise you that. It would fuzz up any shirt in a hurry as well. Still a great gun, the 1.0 45's are so cheap at Bud's (under four), I'd pick one up and just put an Apex in it with the savings, but I can't figure out why only ten rounds in a full size gun? hell I'm 8+1 in my 1911 Sig. That alone kills it for me, at least for now
View Quote
Why the 10 round capacity? Look at the width, it's the same width as a double stack 9mm/glock17.

Now compare that to a Glock21/XD45s thickness. I'm fine with it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Shit I've had the G21, XD45, and multiple 1911's but damn !!! I really like the M&P 45 2.0. Damn accurate pistol too. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Grip is alot more comfortable for me than the Glock 21 and you can get the 14 round mags for them. Botach was doing a 6 for $50 deal awhile back. Plus, the 2.0s fixed all the issues I had with the 1.0s (auto forward, lack of tangible reset, grindy triggers). I'd buy mine again.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a new 2.0 MP 45 it was a tac driver , had night sights , ex mags lighter than a 1911 and for a defense gun shoot just as good .
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought the 2.0 45acp compact, i also bought 20 magazines for it.  I found them used for 10 dollars each so im pretty excited to put this pistol through some work.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bought the 2.0 45acp compact, i also bought 20 magazines for it.  I found them used for 10 dollars each so im pretty excited to put this pistol through some work.
View Quote
Hell yeah !!!! When you're in - You're all in aren't you ? When ever you get a chance APEX that trigger group and you'll have a damn great shooting 45. Congrats and let us know what you think after you shoot it a bit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the gen 1 m&p .45. Shot some matches, took a few classes with it. As an NY resident, it was 10 rounds 9mm or 10 rounds 45, I went with bigger round. Upgrades are apex sear and striker block, 10/8 fiber optic sights. I love it! If only I could find a safariland als holster in left hand for it I'd be set, I'm in the market for a new pistol, considering the 2.0 45 or the 2.0 45c, but holster selection is giving me pause.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up my 2.0 today, i had never even held or seen a 2.0, bought it sight unseen.

It seems tiny and light.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Glock has the advantage in terms of parts availability, if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been into Glocks for a long time, but when I can buy a S&W M&P 2.0 45 ACP w/ 2 mags, threaded barrel, and suppressor height sights for $399 it's hard to pass up.   It feels good.  I'll know in a couple of weeks hopefully how it shoots w/ a suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:[/b]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:[/b]
I'll see if I can get a picture of mine, but this will have to hold you until someone takes one.  (Looks like the price went back up.)

https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m2-0-45acp-10-1-5-fs-tb.html
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I have 3, one being the 1.0. I love these guns, and with my Storm Lake barrel it outshoots my Springfield Pro (in my hands).
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a 45 Shield a couple months ago. What surprises me is how tame the recoil is.
Maybe it is the very aggressive grip texture that helps to maintain a good grip on the gun. I don't know. Also, the size and weight and thin profile make it great for carry.  Accuracy is also a plus.
I am waiting until after Shot to see if S&W upgrades the 9 Shield. Right now I can not make up my mind between a 9 Shield and Sig P365 for pocket carry. I will decide for sure no later than early Spring.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Hell yeah and congrats. You got the tactical version and a great choice too.  You're going to love it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Went to the academy with a Glock 30 and carried it for quite a few years. (Still have it in my safe)

Picked up a M&P 45 2.0 earlier this year and absolutely love it. The thing is a tack driver as long as I do my part and have had 100% reliability in approx 2500rds.

To me (IMHO) the M&P is a more refined Glock.

Since winter is upon us I’ve been carrying it OWB in a DeSantis leather holster. Seems to carry the same, if not a little better, than my lightweight 1911. Like the 10+1 45acp capacity and nice to have a 14rd spare.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hell yeah and congrats. You got the tactical version and a great choice too.  You're going to love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I got it because it was the tactical version.  It's going to be a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I got it because it was the tactical version.  It's going to be a suppressor host.
View Quote
Same here; after shipping and xfer it was $427, minus the $50 rebate (which i already got tracking for), its only $377.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I like mine. Shoots smooth, accurate, mags are cheap. 2.0 in FDE will be my next pistol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like mine. Shoots smooth, accurate, mags are cheap. 2.0 in FDE will be my next pistol

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139135/IMG_1323_JPG-766159.JPG
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been into Glocks for a long time, but when I can buy a S&W M&P 2.0 45 ACP w/ 2 mags, threaded barrel, and suppressor height sights for $399 it's hard to pass up.   It feels good.  I'll know in a couple of weeks hopefully how it shoots w/ a suppressor.
View Quote
I was all-Glocks for quite a long time too. I have had a mess of 1911s & a few .45 Glocks, but my 2.0 45 is the best yet. I bought a gen1 45C & Apexed it. its a damn good shooter. followed that with a .45 Shield, its practically 2.0 & bought a black full size .45 from Grabagun during their last rebate. $400 + $8 shipping + $20 transfer fee - $50 rebate makes it $378 outta pocket for a new S&W .45.  its also a good shooter, the only change I plan to make is to put on the Ameriglo CAP sights that are on my other guns.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was all-Glocks for quite a long time too. I have had a mess of 1911s & a few .45 Glocks, but my 2.0 45 is the best yet. I bought a gen1 45C & Apexed it. its a damn good shooter. followed that with a .45 Shield, its practically 2.0 & bought a black full size .45 from Grabagun during their last rebate. $400 + $8 shipping + $20 transfer fee - $50 rebate makes it $378 outta pocket for a new S&W .45.  its also a good shooter, the only change I plan to make is to put on the Ameriglo CAP sights that are on my other guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My M&P has one of the nastiest gritty triggers I've run across in a long time.  I'll see how well it shoots when I get it to the range.   Either it cleans up from shooting or I'm going to be looking at aftermarket triggers I guess.   This thing makes a stock Glock trigger feel good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My M&P has one of the nastiest gritty triggers I've run across in a long time.  I'll see how well it shoots when I get it to the range.   Either it cleans up from shooting or I'm going to be looking at aftermarket triggers I guess.   This thing makes a stock Glock trigger feel good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apex seems to be the preferred after market trigger on the M&P. I have one on a G19 and like it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have noticed that it varies from gun to gun. It's usually the striker block or striker block channel that causes it.

You can fix it yourself, but the rear sight has to come off to access it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have noticed that it varies from gun to gun. It's usually the striker block or striker block channel that causes it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That should be trivial.  I've got a couple of sight pushers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#30]
To me I would go with the Shield .45.  Its amazingly accurate but also will conceal under a wide verity of cloths, also the spare mags are very thin and carry well.  I have the 30s and that is a fine pistol but the Shield wins easily because I can conceal the 30S fine, but the .45 mags are fat bastards as well; so its the carry of the spare that kill it for me.  Shield was carried the most in my collection up until the P365.  A year from now I predict these will dominate the conceal carry market.  Get on board now or later.  Lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No one else here likes the 2.0 45 acp?
View Quote
I don’t understand why anyone would choose .45 in a subcompact like the Shield over 9mm, but the gun itself is solid.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I couldn't find a threaded barrel for my M&P 45c so I picked up a suppressor ready fullsize for $410 shipped.  Most of my M&P 's have Apex triggers but this one feels pretty good so I'm leaving it stock for now.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Bought mine from Grabagun when S&W were offering the $50 rebates. It was a no brainer at $399 + $50 rebate, I actually bought all of these when they offered the rebate.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I took advantage of the rebates as well when I bought my 2.0 compact's.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#35]
I love my 2.0 45. It’s does double duty literally. Night stand and uniformed patrol work.
Same with the 9mm...

https://imgur.com/gallery/HJ2JIdm
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:47:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I couldn't find a threaded barrel for my M&P 45c so I picked up a suppressor ready fullsize for $410 shipped.  Most of my M&P 's have Apex triggers but this one feels pretty good so I'm leaving it stock for now.  
http://i63.tinypic.com/2hcj24k.jpg
View Quote
I believe they use the same barrels. Since there was a M&P45, and a M&P45 Mid size (C sized slide on a full size frame)

Could always get a fullsize barrel cut and threaded.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#37]
2.0 .45 is an amazing, flat shooting handgun.  It’s my nightstand gun.  Sold my Glock 21.  Mags are cheap if you look for deals, I amassed 15.  However I also pick up a PPQ .45 and I like that a lot also.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#38]
I dont have any time on the 2.0 45s but had a full size 1.0 and still have a mid size 1.0.  The M&P 45, once you clean the trigger up, is easily my favorite polymer 45. I spent a year shooting a 21SF in USPSA and the M&P blows it out of the water trigger, accuracy, and ergonomics wise.  The only thing I've had to do to clean up the triggers was replace the sear with an Apex sear; no need for other things to be done (well, sights that suit your needs of course).
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#39]
I had a G30SF.  Chunky gun.

Replaced it with a M&P 2.0 45 acp.  The more aggressive grip texture sold me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Shot mine finally...

As accurate as my hk45 once i got used to the trigger, which was surprisingly mediocre—kind  of gritty and mushy.

I think it will be a very good suppressor host once i get my free promo can from Sico (in a couple years).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top