Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2021 8:51:17 PM EDT
Gunbroker has a lot of 2 Glock 17 Preban magazines (Gen. 1 & Gen2) up for auction that closes shortly.  Current selling bid is for $200.00 (so $100.00 each.)  

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893069887

Is this what they go for now on average?   I've got a good 1/2 dozen or more from the 80s (like the ones in the GB auction) and quite frankly I don't care about generation, but would want to replace them with newer mags for "head count" if I sold them off.  I figure if I sell and can get 3-4 new for the value of 1 old that's a good deal.  Is $100 each the going rate for Pre-Ban Glock magazines?  What's a fair price if I post them on the EE?

Thanks for your input.

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably coming from and going to a ban state and are under “immunity” due to their age/time of production.  Those can still bring big $.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-ban mags of all types carry a premium in Massachusetts, as those are the only age normal capacity mags they're permitted to own.  If you have pre-ban Glock mags, you might seek out a worthy recipient in the Massachusetts hometown forum and see if he'll order you brand new replacement Glock mags, while you ship him your very old ones.

Or you can profit from their misery, your call.  They have higher average salaries than most of the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Gunmags Warehouse.com has Glock 21 13 rounders, Glock 23 13 rounders and they are Glock factory mags for $25 each. I ordered some 13 round G21 and G23 mags, plus some AK 30s, from them recently. I would assume the 9x19mm Glock factory mags would be the same ( I personally don't like 9x19mm and 5.56, so I didn't check those, but I would assume they cost the same, as $25 appears to be the going rate for Glock factory mags ). They also have several types of aftermarket mags. Some are clear ( WTF? ) and some are made by KCI, including some 30 round mags for Glock .45ACP double stack guns. I stick with factory mags for my pistols, since aftermarket pistol mags can vary widely in feeding and function. If you like, you can buy some and have them shipped to me and I will ship them to you ( I assume you live in a 10 round mags state. I live in the South, where it's much easier to get and have all the guns, cases of ammo, and high capacity mags we want ). I'm not the kind of person to rip you off and I don't even own a 9mm. Also, most mags that have been modified to only hold 10 rounds usually accomplish this by putting a piece of wooden dowel in the follower spring. You can simply disassemble the mags, remove the dowel, and put your now standard capacity mags back together. I hope this doesn't violate a site rule ( I'm new, so please forgive me if I did ). PM me and let me know, I will be happy to help a fellow gun owner exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. ;)
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Not today, Mr Connecticut State Patrol man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top