Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2020 11:55:03 PM EDT
I have several other Beretta pistols, but I didn't know about this model until I came across this one for sale.

This is the "Cheetah" series, but is unique in that it has a tip-up barrel like the little guys.  Uses the 8-round single stack magazines in common with the Model 85.  Apparently these are not too common.  I won't get to bring it home for a couple of weeks and I don't have any pics.

The pistol is nearly new, in box with the papers, manuals, tools and 2 magazines.  Very interesting looking gun.  I paid about HALF of what I've seen these sell for on GB in this condition.

Anyone have one?  Any good or bad words to say?  

Rob
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Brought it home today.  I think these look great.  That extra length and curve to the pivot make it look extra cool (I won't say "sexy").

Sorry about the lint and oil in the pics...I didn't see that until I was prepping the photos.  It is nearly flawless in person...the box foam is soaked in oil, though.  Sadly, though both mags, barrel brush and spare pins are present, there is no manual.

At the same time, I also bought a Colt Government .380 for a song.  That's in the Colt forum.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The tip up barrels, in my opinion, are a great idea,especially for those who have issues racking the slide. Very neat design, congrats. It looks to be in excellent shape.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice indeed!  I have one of those on my list to get someday.  If you got that for about half on GB (8-900 on GB)then you got a great deal!  I did not know it was a single stack as I have only seen one once.  Love the Berettas!

Rebel13
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool! I wish beretta kept making all the tip up barrel models
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a very nice 86!
I wish I would have bought one when I had a chance way back in the 90s. Been kicking myself in the butt ever since. I have a 21A and 3032 Tomcat to hold me over until I find my Cheetah tip-up pistol.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve always liked the 86, cool guns and on my buy list when I find one someday for the collection. It would have been awesome for beretta to make the 86 a double stack like the 84.

Imo the beretta.380s aren’t that fun to shoot a lot. a lot of recoil for the size of gun and weight due to the blowback design. Not bad to shoot really, I’d rather just shoot a 92.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top