Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2018 7:21:47 PM EDT
I noticed some scratches near the muzzle on my P01 and wondered if I put them there while OCD-wiping it down with an old clean lightly oil infused sock that I use for wiping down pistols after I play with them. Now, these scratches are VERY minor and can only be seen at a certain angle. So, my question is would a sock be abrasive enough to do this or was it factory done? I'm not too concerned, just wondering if I should change out my sock to a t-shirt or underwear, lol.
I must say that this a beautiful little piece and I just put a CZ75B Bright Stainless on layaway at Nagel's Guns for 850!
Kind of pricey but I couldn't find it anywhere, online or LGS. I still want to find the Limited, my CZ grail gun!
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks,

Ray
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics, man. Pics!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 stainless CZs...... Mothers Polish is your friend.

minor scuffs happen, Mothers fixes them.

P.S. Pics

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics, man. Pics!
View Quote
As soon as I get unlazy enough to open a photo account, I will. Lol
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have 2 stainless CZs...... Mothers Polish is your friend.

minor scuffs happen, Mothers fixes them.

P.S. Pics

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/Complete_2_JPG-759361.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/4_JPG-759362.JPG
View Quote
Seems that you and I have the same taste in pistols, lol. I'm ordering wood stocks for mine, though.
ETA: thanks for the tip about the polish. I'll get some.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Those aluminium blue and gold grips are insanely pretty on that high polish.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Those aluminium blue and gold grips are insanely pretty on that high polish.
View Quote
I agree, but I also think they give the gun a "competition gun" look. I'm going more for the "BBQ gun" look.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen a polished P01 before. Those blue grips do stand out nicely. David
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree, but I also think they give the gun a "competition gun" look. I'm going more for the "BBQ gun" look.
View Quote
You need to find some real ivory grips then.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The standard g10 grips are nice too. However, those aluminium grips have me wondering if the blue or green would look best on my new urban grey. I'll be honest, I think my sp-01 is kind of ugly. Like, I could paint the thread protector bright orange and it would definitely look like a toy.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As soon as I get unlazy enough to open a photo account, I will. Lol
View Quote
Use imgur. Photofucket got greedy... And then insanely greedy. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real ivory grips would be great, but I doubt there are any spare slabs around to make them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The standard g10 grips are nice too. However, those aluminium grips have me wondering if the blue or green would look best on my new urban grey. I'll be honest, I think my sp-01 is kind of ugly. Like, I could paint the thread protector bright orange and it would definitely look like a toy.

http://i.imgur.com/W4ILF3t.jpg
View Quote

I thought ALL railed guns are ugly. Until I saw the Bright Stainless P01. I'm in love with it now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
As much as I like the shiny ones, I could never own one. My OCD would kick in and every fingerprint and blemish would irritate me to no end.

Same reason I won't have chrome on a vehicle.

They sure are pretty though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]
And you will not find one new, again, probably ever.

They only made 190 ( I think)  available for the USA. They were an over run from  a customer in Asia, who, requested these as custom.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Which sparks the question:

What's the finish like under the modern cz 75 polycoat? I have a few motors, some buffing wheels and some free time.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's the finish like under the modern cz 75 polycoat? I have a few motors, some buffing wheels and some free time.
View Quote
I believe they are parkerized.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
As much as I like the shiny ones, I could never own one. My OCD would kick in and every fingerprint and blemish would irritate me to no end.

Same reason I won't have chrome on a vehicle.

They sure are pretty though.
View Quote
I'm the same way. That's how I think the scratches got there.
And I agree, they are very pretty. Almost don't wanna shoot 'em!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think carbon steel slide and aluminum-alloy lower.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think carbon steel slide and aluminum-alloy lower.
View Quote
Most models have the same steel lower.  The P-01 and PCR are two that have the alloy frame.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Most models have the same steel lower.  The P-01 and PCR are two that have the alloy frame.
View Quote
And that's what's confusing with CZ pistols. I thought P01 pistols had the aluminum frame, but my bright stainless is all steel like my Compact. Why not call it a Compact w/rails.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And that's what's confusing with CZ pistols. I thought P01 pistols had the aluminum frame, but my bright stainless is all steel like my Compact. Why not call it a Compact w/rails.
View Quote
Probably because they had the "P-01" marked slides already or something similar.  When it comes to CZ limited runs, anything goes really.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Probably because they had the "P-01" marked slides already or something similar.  When it comes to CZ limited runs, anything goes really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ is a Member of GD, they "got both"

P-01 can be alum. or steel. I have seen both.

The P-01 is just a compact SP-01
There is a P-01 PCR too.

The motherfuckers made a Shadow Compact. Jeebus, I would not shoot the bad guy with it, rather bash him in the head. Not losing my custom carry to that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what I was thinking too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I was thinking too.
View Quote
Very true!!!   there are some different marked ones in the wild
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top