Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2020 10:39:14 PM EDT
Bought this German frame police trade in like new condition certified by Sig.  paid $489.  this thing looks brand new to me... wow.  I did see some polishing compound Left over on the slide so I imagine it did have some holster wear but can’t even tell now.  Brought it to the range, fired 200 rounds of some FMJ and cycled great.  Loaded up some defense rounds (gold dots) and had two failures to feed from only one particular mag that the gun came with the other two mags worked.  This is my first sig, couldn’t help but notice that there was a weird feeling when the slide would return forward kind of like a delayed slop in the cycle of action.  Not sure what that was but is that normal?  My HKs and Glocks don’t do this...

Pics

Not a single scratch or mark on the outside

Looks like a new barrel, inside looks perfect

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Recoil spring look and feel new / strong?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Recoil spring look and feel new / strong?
View Quote
Oh yeah, it looks new and it feels strong... takes a good amount of pressure to just get it properly seated to the barrel
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I had mag springs go bad that made my p229 unreliable.  Put new springs in and back to 100%.  Try that, especially if only happened with one mag.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I recommend taking the mags apart and cleaning the followers as well as inside surfaces of the mag bodies first.  Not saying it could not be a weak mag spring but I would first try the cheap fix of cleaning all the mags.  There is no telling how much packing lube was initially in the mag before the mag sat for however long.  I have seen brand new mags be sticky because of old packing grease.  Once cleaned of the old packing grease, the mags worked fine.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
When you first got it, did you clean it first? Did you have any grease on the rails? Mag. springs are pretty cheap and can cause numerous issues. You can get some good replacement springs from Wolff. Also, make sure you put some grease on the rails as Sigs like grease more than oil I have found.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I gave the gun a good cleaning before shooting, and used clp for the rails.  Tonight im going to order some wolff springs for the mags and try using grease for the rails instead of oil.  Thanks for the advice guys!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#7]
1. Sig Service Plan
2. Action Enhancement Package
3. Short Reset Trigger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top