Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2023 12:23:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USPguy]
Supposed to be getting a nice tax refund this year. I recently bought a Q5 but the Q4 has strongly caught my eye. I see several options listed on GB with triggers & so forth. Quick Defense Trigger vs standard trigger?
I see its weight is 39oz, which is a 1911 Commander size but Govt weight. Not a BFD as I carry a 3" Python @ 42oz. Good belt & holster, yadda yadda yadda.

So, for those who have one, please school me on what lessons you've learned so I can get ahead of the curve. A nice trigger is always at the top of my personal list of things a gun needs.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I LOVE my Q4 SF.  As I have stated ad nauseam, nothing else comes close in terms of machining, build quality, and pride of ownership until you hit the $2k mark.  

IIRC, they all come with the same trigger:  the PDT.   I prefer the flat faced Dynamic Performance Trigger in my PDP PRO SD.  So, if Walther will ever restock the damn things, I'll change it out.  

Two things I'd suggest:  1) get the version with the optic cut.  Its more expensive but it gives you the flexibility to add an optic later if you change direction.  (As an aside, Im RDO'ing ALL of my handguns because Im simply better with an RDO than irons.)  2) While still superior to any other striker fired trigger, I found the new PDT a bit meh....esp in contrast to the Dynamic trigger.   It had a bit of creep and a little longer reset.   But the trigger has noticeably improved as I've shot the gun..bc the Dynamic trigger has been OOS for 6 months or more.

Pics (that you've seen before)

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 2:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USPguy] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

IIRC, they all come with the same trigger:  the PDT.   I prefer the flat faced Dynamic Performance Trigger in my PDP PRO SD.  So, if Walther will ever restock the damn things, I'll change it out.  
View Quote

Well, I'm not certain on that. It appears that when I read the product description in a GB listing, the trigger is listed differently from the non-optic model to the optic plate model. The optic plate models always have the "Quick Defense Trigger". Unfortunately, I don't know Walther model options as well as I know other brands. Trying to learn, obviously, hence this thread.  

I'm strongly leaning to the optic plate model as it comes with adjustable sights. I much prefer those over fixed, even on a carry gun. I value precise shot placement, otherwise I'd carry a short shotgun.  

I have no desire whatsoever to add an optic of any sort. I have them on a couple of guns, my CZ Scorpion Micro for example. But on a carry gun, no thanks with a strong nod to Mr. Murphy.

I also can't find any info on the difference between the Q4 SF & the Q4 SF Match? Walther's web site lacks a whole lot of specific info, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USPguy:

Well, I'm not certain on that. It appears that when I read the product description in a GB listing, the trigger is listed differently from the non-optic model to the optic plate model. The optic plate models always have the "Quick Defense Trigger". Unfortunately, I don't know Walther model options as well as I know other brands. Trying to learn, obviously, hence this thread.  

I'm strongly leaning to the optic plate model as it comes with adjustable sights. I much prefer those over fixed, even on a carry gun. I value precise shot placement, otherwise I'd carry a short shotgun.  

I have no desire whatsoever to add an optic of any sort. I have them on a couple of guns, my CZ Scorpion Micro for example. But on a carry gun, no thanks with a strong nod to Mr. Murphy.

I also can't find any info on the difference between the Q4 SF & the Q4 SF Match? Walther's web site lacks a whole lot of specific info, IMO.
View Quote

I think the Quick Defense Trigger and the Performance Duty Triggers are one and the same.  Walther just changed the name for the PDP.  In fact, the same Dynamic trigger fits both guns.

The Q4SF Match is the Optics ready variant.  It has LPA adjustable sights and an optic cut. Otherwise, it is essentially the same gun.

Good thing CHPWS offers an optic plate for the Q4SF Match that includes a fixed back up sight that very nicely allows a lower 1/3 cowitness with the factory front sight.  So, if Mr. Murphy ever decides to take a shit on my RMR, the irons are right there ready to send it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top