Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2022 3:33:55 PM EDT
I held one in my hands earlier, a 3", and was amazed at how good the DAO trigger was.

Shocked actually.

Are they GTG for the long run?

Can they stand up to .357 defensive loads?

I want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly about them.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much all good. They're a little light for sustained heavy .357 firing but seem to stand up well in terms of ruggedness.

Great triggers.

The early ones had issues with firing pins breaking while dryfireing but have been fixed since.

The revolverguy website has several articles on them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

I like mine. Handles everything I put through it. I need to shoot it more often.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks 03RN, checked out The Revolverguy vids on the K6S.  They seem to really like it.

Thanks also to hollowhandle for his input.

I may have to do a thing.

I've been back and forth for about a year on picking up a new revolver.  To much typing here, not enough action.

EDIT!

Made the call, told the shop to put it behind the counter, and I'll pick it up tomorrow.  My old Model 28-2 will have some company now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats. There is a used model at a local shop I have been eyeing and the price is not bad.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Mine is my EDC now.  I put the hogue grips on there for a blend of comfort and conceal ability, but the "comfort core" grips are better for recoil (but my family said they print). But  It's definitely a handful with hot .357, but not unmanageable; you just absolutely know when you touch one off.

I replaced my iron sights with night sights, which is easily done since they're dovetailed or pinned.

DAO is smoothe, and the rounded bits make even AIWB doable.

Not as accurate as my full size guns, but way easier to carry.

Absolutely a solid choice.  Same size as something like an SP101, but better trigger, and it's the lightest 6 round 3" .357 Mag out there.

People shit on Kimber all the time, but the K6S is a real gem, and a whole different animal than their rifles or pistols.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Been looking for leather holster options for the K6S, not a lot of choices that I can find searching online.

I see that Kirkpatrick Leather has an OWB for it.  I have never dealt with them, anyone have insights on their work?

I'd love a Milt Sparks, but a half year wait is kinda hard to accept, even with their reputation.  Not a money issue, just a time issue with them.  I know, it's the times we live in.

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, the deed is done, and I've done something I rarely do.  I went straight from the FFL to the indoor range, pulled it out of the box, and put 50 38 Special 130gr. FMJ from PPU, 50 WWB 125gr. SJHP +P, and 14 Gold Dot 125gr. .357 Magnum JHPs through it.  No hiccups of any kind with the thing, just with the meat servo running it.

My DAO skills are not exactly great, but every shot I made (shooting at a reduced silhouette target) would have made for a bad day for the bad guys.  As I have read, the sights are regulated for 158gr. full power .357s, so it did shoot below point of aim at 7 yards. That was easily compensated for once I got the feel for it. Towards the end I was making solid hits on a 3" "Shoot-N-C" that I stuck over the X on the target.  

The trigger is really, really good.  Either rolling through it, or even "staging" it (I know, but I had to try it).  With more practice I have complete faith that it will be GTG for any practical situation.

With either of the .38 Special loads I shot it was completely comfortable to shoot, The Magnums however are a different story.  After 14 rounds (I mixed some with 38s a couple times to check for flinch) the web between my thumb and forefinger was telling me that it was not in approval of my antics.  Much of this I place squarely on those pretty wood grips.  I find them too small for even my hands, and also slippery, which did not help with follow up shots.  No matter, I have a set of Hogue rubber grips coming tomorrow.

Overall I'm very pleased so far.  It's a good looker as well...

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#8]
This is a Galco. It was something that I could buy without a wait. Fits and works good in this application.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been looking for leather holster options for the K6S, not a lot of choices that I can find searching online.

I see that Kirkpatrick Leather has an OWB for it.  I have never dealt with them, anyone have insights on their work?

I'd love a Milt Sparks, but a half year wait is kinda hard to accept, even with their reputation.  Not a money issue, just a time issue with them.  I know, it's the times we live in.

Any other suggestions?
View Quote

Ryan Grizzle or Kramer

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info gents.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The comfort core grip is apparently impossible to source, but mine is comfortable and grippy.

Also, "obsolete arms" is starting to make some accessories for the K6S, I need to pick up some to see how they work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Just installed a Hogue Bantam on the K6S.  Initial dryfiring tells me that the rubber that covers the backstrap all the way up is going to make a big difference when using magnums in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top