Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2020 11:44:03 PM EDT
Looking at getting one of these Sarsilmaz (SAR) K-12 Sports for a fun gun.  They seem to go for in the $500s new. It looks like a nice gun. 4.7" 9mm. Stainless frame. SAO trigger I believe. Flared mag well. Anyone own one of these or have a chance to shoot one? Any complaints?

I assume since these are a Tanfoglio/CZ clone, that they still take full size CZ-75 magazines?

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? I see there are some videos on YT over the last few weeks of guys getting them.

SAR K12 Sport Unboxing and Review
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, another gun I have to buy.  Let me know when they hit the market...
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Local dealer who does tons of volume got like 50 of these in a few weeks ago.  Pretty sure they are all gone at this point.  He said it's pretty nice but the trigger isn't that great.  I didn't really see what purpose it would fill and would probably just end up sitting in the safe so I didn't bother to go check it out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are they made?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m6z:
Where are they made?
View Quote

Turkey
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Local dealer got more in.  They are selling them for $550.  Looks like they have the option to buy them online if you want.  I'm not sure they are back to answering the phone yet, they stopped as it's just been too busy.  

I checked one out last week.  Seems decent.  Trigger isn't as good as an S2 but it's not as bad as I was expecting.  

SAR K-12
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Local dealer got more in.  They are selling them for $550.  Looks like they have the option to buy them online if you want.  I'm not sure they are back to answering the phone yet, they stopped as it's just been too busy.  
I checked one out last week.  Seems decent.  Trigger isn't as good as an S2 but it's not as bad as I was expecting.  
SAR K-12
View Quote

Let us know when they offer one in 10mm or .45acp.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

SAR K-12
View Quote

I would agree with you. I heard about this gun on another forum I am a member of. Spent sometime looking for information. Isn't much out there, but enough that I felt comfortable making the game on a gun I had never seen in person. $595 shipped to my FFL.

Stainless slide + barrel + frame. The SAO trigger isn't as nice as my CZ Shadow 2 DA/SA SA trigger. But it also didn't cost as much as my S2. The trigger is nice and crisp and breaks nicely. The only complaint I have is a longer than normal reset. The reset is very smooth, just a little longer than I would prefer.

Haven't shot it yet, but hopefully this weekend. Being that I already have a bunch of CZ guns and magazines, it isn't too much of a gamble going for CZ clones as usually they are solid and good value for the money.

Here is a picture of mine:

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
They must have improved the gun immensely then. Saw the K12 two years ago at shotshow. Back then the inside of the frame and slide are full of machine marks and the trigger is pretty tragic for a SAO Limited custom copy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#10]
FWIW C75 mags don't fit due to the magwell. I tried to remove the magwell but it appears that be a very tight fit and it would not budge. If anyone has managed to remove it post up the procedure. It looks like CZ75 mags will work but they need another .02" of clearance. Either the front of the magwell can be modified, removed or the CZ75 baseplates need a bevel at the leading edge. May try modding a +2 baseplate to work since they have plenty of material by top/front.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine showed up looking a little beat up.

Out of the box it has a very consistent 5lb trigger pull. I actually like it and if I can get the weight down a little will really like it. Pulling the FP block safety only dropped the pull 4oz. My Shadow 2 measures 2.5lb bone stock SA pull.

As already noted it does not accept CZ mags as is. I took a base plate off one and the body locked in fine. I took the grips off and the screw to the magwell. I sprayed penetrating oil all around the magwell. It then tapped out front-back pretty easy with a wood board.

My CZ mags were hitting the very front edge so I busted out the Dremel and went to town. I ground a little then test fit until a CZ mag would lock in. I had to take the front of the magwell really thin.

So now my MecGar 17rd mags lock in just fine, engage the slide lock and drop free.
My +2 19rd MecGar mags still hit the very back corners on the magwell.

I might address that some other time. For now I'm just glad I can use most of my CZ mags.

I hope some grips & magwells become available for these guns so CZ mags will all fit and just have some options. The owners manual under the spec sheet says it is Double Action and another page says to avoid using MP5 bullets.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
So took it out shooting for the first time. A couple of hiccups. The 2 factory mags that came with my gun could not be loaded with more than 3 rounds. Trying to put the 4th round in the bottom of the follower would hang up on the magazine catch cutout. When I got home I sanded a radius on the follower and it seems to have fixed that.

Initial inspection and cleaning of my K12 I adjusted the over travel screw on the trigger. Trying to actually shoot the gun I would get a hammer drop click and no bang. The primers were barely getting any contact from the firing pin. So with the over travel adjusted out my FP block is not moving enough to let the FP completely past. Being away from home I was limited on tools and work area so I disassembled the slide and removed the FP block safety and spring. It functioned 100% after doing that.

It was shooting low and my rear sight bottomed out in 1/2 a turn. My 5yo son was with me and begging to shoot his .22 so I had to closely supervise that and didn't get to shoot the K12 as much as I would have liked.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the update.  Sounds like these might need a little tweaking to get working correctly.  I'd like to put a mag through one someday.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had some time to tinker with my k12 and shoot it more and am really liking it. With the factory set up I adjusted the over travel and pretravel screws and had a few issues. The over travel adjusted out would not let the FP block move enough to release the FP so I have removed the FP block for now and might fit it later. The pre travel adjusted out made the trigger reset have a slight hang up in the last bit of forward travel sometimes needing to push the trigger forward with a finger to reset it. It had a 5lb trigger.

I ordered a CGW CZ-75 reduced power trigger spring and CGW Canik Floating trigger pin.

I took the gun apart and lightly greased the hammer, sear, trigger bar, springs etc polished up engagement surfaces. Replaced the crapy roll pin with the solid floating trigger pin and OEM spring with the reduced power trigger spring. It now has a nice 3lb trigger pull and no hangups with the trigger reset. I think the trigger pin helped the trigger rotate when before it probably was hanging up on the roll pin.

I had to adjust the rear sight up a bit to zero at 25yds. It now shoots really well I haven't tried good ammo from a solid rest yet but cheap Tula BrassMax and CCI Blazer 115gr are getting around a 4" group at 25yds.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is my experience with my new K-12.

I bought the pistol new and first trip to the range I discovered that the rear sight elevation detent pin was flattened by the factory. I have emailed them. I have left voicemails for them. I have instant messaged on Facebook. Not one reply to my request for a warranty repair.

I am going to have to say to avoid their products because they don’t acknowledge attempts to contact them.

The pistol shot nice however it’s difficult to recommend a product that the manufacturer won’t return customer messages. My FFL01 called and left messages and they didn’t call him back.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I should add that every shot or two I have to turn the rear sight elevation screw in a quarter or half turn because the recoil lets the screw turn out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Any updates ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#18]
As of today on 8/26/2020 no response from SAR.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if sar-usa is gone forever? I was going to buy a k-12 at a local store so I tried to e-mail them about extra mags and a couple of questions. No replies either. That's been a month ago.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#20]
SAR sucks for customer service as I still have not received anything from them regarding a reply to my several messages to them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Today I sent SAR USA another email.

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 6:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Defective pistol

Hello,

I have made multiple attempts to contact you regarding a K12 sport that has a manufacturing issue.  I have tried to reach you and get a reply through Facebook instant message, posting on your Facebook page, email, and several phone calls.  Not once have I received even a, “screw you” email from your company.  As such, I am sharing my personal experience or lack thereof, of your customer service on internet postings and through word of mouth with a description of my issue.

####t
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate for my first post to be a plea for help but it is.  I purchased a K-12 also and have experienced the same problems listed.  Mine shoots low/right, I attempted to adjust the rear site and it looks like there is a screw missing.  Checking the photos online, there should be a black screw on the top of the rear site.  Mine isn't there, so I emailed the company SAR USA and an email I found for someone in Turkey.  It's now been over a month and I've heard nothing back.  Could someone that owns a K-12, tell me the size of the screw please?  

Actually I'm not sure I like the gun or not, it has a different setup or feel to it then my Sig P226 or Beretta Brigadier, the 2 guns that I own that I expected to be similar.  It's not the trigger, its the angle of the wrist/arm is different.  I'm not sure having only taken it out once.  Getting a 3lb trigger pull sounds like a good idea, I'll try that if I ever get these sites fixed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#23]
As of 10/13/2020 I have not received any reply from SAR.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Update as of 11/6/20, nothing from SAR.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I received a Facebook instant message from someone at SAR and I replied as below.  As of today on 2/20/2021 I still haven't heard anything from someone at SAR other than the Facebook stuff below.

11/27/20, 5:36 PM
You sent November 27, 2020
Hello, does anybody even work at SAR?

February 4 at 4:17 PM
Thu 4:17 PM
You sent February 4 at 4:17 PM
hello? i am still waiting to hear from SAR USA about my pistol.

Hello ####! Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your K12. What is the best email to reach out at? I'll be sure that this is passed to our gunsmiths and they'll be able to get you connected with the right parts.
February 5 at 6:03 PM
Fri 6:03 PM

You sent February 5 at 6:03 PM
Thank you.  ###y-###[email protected]
You sent February 5 at 6:03 PM
My phone number is ###-####

You sent February 5 at 6:14 PM
I will say that the responses to my telephone messages, emails, and Facebook messages have been less then stellar.  I have been posting on several websites about the total lack of any type of response to my attempts at contacting SAR's customer support.

February 8 at 7:59 AM
Mon 7:59 AM
SAR USA by Sarsilmaz sent February 8 at 7:59 AM
Thanks for sending your contact information over! Someone should be reaching out to you soon to get you squared away with your pistol sight. If there is anything else that we can help you with, please let me know
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Update on my SAR K12.  I have received several facebook instant messages and an email or 2 from someone at SAR.  I was told that they would ship me replacement parts.  About 3 weeks later, still no parts.  No surprise.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Try these.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/taylorfreelancestore.com/amp/cz-75-5-basepad-black/
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I purchased one of these off of ebay for a Mecgar 19 round magazine base to use in my SAR K12.  The base works, so now I will order 3 additional for my other 19 round magazines.  They don't protrude quite as far as the factory SAR K12 mag bases but they fit in the mag funnel perfectly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magazine-Base-Pad-for-Shadow-2-CZ-75-SP01-series-SPEED-LINE/401853408016?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=671681732678&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top