Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2019 6:45:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Those aren't WW1 or 2 mags. They are recent manufacture.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Every once in a while Sarco comes up with some good surplus stuff. I wouldn't trust much of their repro gunparts .
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell
Anything
Rusty
COmpany
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Large blanket statement here but when you see:

"Magazines are G.I. marked 1911 .45 ACP #1005-00-8694 MFR8R320"

run away.  Anything marked in this manner, especially if you find them at a gunshow in packaging that looks new (not aged) is probably crap.

SARCO has always been a mixed bag.  Sometimes they're great, and sometimes they're complete crap.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If you flip through their site long enough, you may find the photos of the 1911 magazine forming equipment SARCO has.

They make various versions of their self described “Famous” 1911 magazines with and without stamped base plates or lanyards or whatever in diverse combos of pouches at randomly decided prices for the same things.

I called and that base plate code is on newly made magazines they make themselves that look like GI, but are not actually GI.

For fun, I ordered two sets of the above URL reducing my expectations to about zero so as not to be disappointed.  

After the 1911 MecGar mags I had to replace the guts in with Tripp Super Seven kits and the S&W 380EZ mags which won’t feed the last round after the springs weaken from fifty rounds each that are not worth a cow plop, I got no where to go but up.

In that spirit, no matter what shows up, there is no need to complain or be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen their sale on gi mags? Pretty good prices. I bought a few of them and I didn't recognize the baseplate stamp. It says .45 ACP. I thought most ww1/2 manufacturers stamped them with a single letter? I'm guessing repros?

The ad says nothing about being repros, just the pouches.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/set-of-two-1911-magazines-and-pouch/
View Quote
Actually it says they are repros right at the bottom of the description.
I have a few but I have not tested them yet.
Sarco is proud of their product nonetheless!

"WE HAVE SOLD PROBABLY 150,000 OF OUR PRICE BUSTERS, BUT WE DECIDED WE NEED A NEW & BETTER 1911 MAG & WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH OUR NEW PROGRAM. WE HAVE TESTED OUR 1ST PRODUCTION RUN AND ARE READY TO ROLL. THIS IS IS THE RESULTS OF OVER A YEAR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT.

Please check the quality features of our new magazine:
Produced on a computer controlled high speed link press. This provides a stable platform for progressive dies & uniformity. Body tooling has 6 stages & follower tooling has 16 stages. This assures an accurate & repeatable process with less metal stress, when fewer, less radical bends are made.
Latest technology parallel feed lip design for proper timed release of cartridge. Special for semi wad cutters, although per technical feed back semi wad cutters may require additional timing.
Welding is done on a Yasakawa computer controlled robotic arm argon welder. Unlike some .45 mags you can't see the seam weld on the back.
In house quality control gages to national standard are used for checking every stage of the production.
QC inspection involves a 2/5D video measuring machine enabling checking of every specification & keeps the record in memory.
Springs are tested to 20,000 cycles
Dimple designed as a mag catch override for easier mag insertion.
Latest rounded follower design
Mags are processed in a hot bath of sodium hydroxide, nitrates, & nitrites at 141 centigrade - This converts the surface to "magnetite".
All process done under specification of MIL-DTL-13924 & ASTM-D769 & ISO-11408
The tube is carburized (case hardened) by nitriding (heat treated in a nitrogen atmosphere). This retains a tough core (ductility, flexibility, springiness & resistance to stress fractures) while producing a 46-48 HRC surface hardiness, creating scuff resistance, fatigue & corrosion resistance. Most important, it eliminates any chance for deformation of the front of the mag from cartridge inertia.
For use in all Gov't & Commercial 1911 pistols 1911, 1911A1 - Gov't Series 70, Series 80, commander, Essex, Rock Island, etc. - Also the many, many, many aftermarket 1911's.
Plus with all of the above a killer price - Only $8.95 each, 5 for $7.99 each, 10 for $7.50 each"
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually it says they are repros right at the bottom of the description.
I have a few but I have not tested them yet.
Sarco is proud of their product nonetheless!

"WE HAVE SOLD PROBABLY 150,000 OF OUR PRICE BUSTERS, BUT WE DECIDED WE NEED A NEW & BETTER 1911 MAG & WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH OUR NEW PROGRAM. WE HAVE TESTED OUR 1ST PRODUCTION RUN AND ARE READY TO ROLL. THIS IS IS THE RESULTS OF OVER A YEAR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT.

Please check the quality features of our new magazine:
Produced on a computer controlled high speed link press. This provides a stable platform for progressive dies & uniformity. Body tooling has 6 stages & follower tooling has 16 stages. This assures an accurate & repeatable process with less metal stress, when fewer, less radical bends are made.
Latest technology parallel feed lip design for proper timed release of cartridge. Special for semi wad cutters, although per technical feed back semi wad cutters may require additional timing.
Welding is done on a Yasakawa computer controlled robotic arm argon welder. Unlike some .45 mags you can't see the seam weld on the back.
In house quality control gages to national standard are used for checking every stage of the production.
QC inspection involves a 2/5D video measuring machine enabling checking of every specification & keeps the record in memory.
Springs are tested to 20,000 cycles
Dimple designed as a mag catch override for easier mag insertion.
Latest rounded follower design
Mags are processed in a hot bath of sodium hydroxide, nitrates, & nitrites at 141 centigrade - This converts the surface to "magnetite".
All process done under specification of MIL-DTL-13924 & ASTM-D769 & ISO-11408
The tube is carburized (case hardened) by nitriding (heat treated in a nitrogen atmosphere). This retains a tough core (ductility, flexibility, springiness & resistance to stress fractures) while producing a 46-48 HRC surface hardiness, creating scuff resistance, fatigue & corrosion resistance. Most important, it eliminates any chance for deformation of the front of the mag from cartridge inertia.
For use in all Gov't & Commercial 1911 pistols 1911, 1911A1 - Gov't Series 70, Series 80, commander, Essex, Rock Island, etc. - Also the many, many, many aftermarket 1911's.
Plus with all of the above a killer price - Only $8.95 each, 5 for $7.99 each, 10 for $7.50 each"
View Quote
Well that's different. Before they were buying them from someone else....I might pick one up when I'm up visiting my parents to try it out. For $10 as a local pickup why not. Certainly wouldn't pay for shipping one.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It says the pouches are repros
View Quote
Yeah you're right
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Last Friday I received three (3) of the 1911a1 mags they advertise.  Non of the three would lock back on the last round on two Springfield Armory Mil-Spec (one of the Defender Series and one of the regular series)  Both in .45 caliber.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
By the number on the bottom of the floor plate on the 7 round mags, they were manufactured by Metalform.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#14]
If you want mags that look the part and actually work, try these:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/8-Round/products/371/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Thanks just bought 2, was looking for good mags for my sr 1911
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Last Friday I received three (3) of the 1911a1 mags they advertise.  Non of the three would lock back on the last round on two Springfield Armory Mil-Spec (one of the Defender Series and one of the regular series)  Both in .45 caliber.
View Quote
If they're the same mag they include in their parts kits, I built several kits last summer and none of the mags would lock back the slide. The follower would jump the slide stop. Other than that there were no jams. Maybe could bend the follower to engage the slide stop? Haven't messed with it yet, just threw them all in a ziplock bag to save for an eotwawki scenario where maybe I'm out of mags and I'd be glad I had those.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#19]
gun mag warehouse has a variety of price levels on 1911 magazines. I have some $12 ones coming in, sometime (USPS).
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree. Try tweaking the follower tab ever so slightly upward.
View Quote
I don't think it's upward, it's outward. The follower (on mine at least) jumped past the slide stop. It wasn't that it didn't come up high enough, it was that it didn't stick out enough to firmly engage the slide stop.
Knowing Sarco's reputation I was amazed that they functioned at all with no jams besides not holding open on the last shot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Ad URL above says:

“DESCRIPTION
REVIEWS (1)
Set of 2 of our famous 1911 .45 7rd mags plus a web mag pouch:

Magazines are G.I. marked 1911 .45 ACP #1005-00-8694 MFR8R320

Pouches are exact repro with WWII markings. “

Mags that showed up today say:

“45ACP”

On the other hand,
-each engages the Remington slide hold open tab firmly.
-each fed the top and last two rounds and locked the slide open just hand cycling.
-they have the round follower with a dimple some more famous companies cannot seem to duplicate.

Gotta shoot’em.  Hell, they might actually work.  Springs are strong.  Loaded with seven to sit over night.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Remington R1 fired all four SARCO “45ACP” mags loaded 7+1=8 perfectly locking the slide back every time.

For hoots, a skinny teenage girl and a mom fired it also with their version of girliegirl (they are) limp wrist.  Gun cycled 100% and the mags locked the slide back each time.  It was observed by them that the heavy .45acp 1911 made a deeper boom than the 9mm crack of the mom’s Glock 19.4, but kicked less jumpily.

Maybe someday SARCO will tell me why they sent the wrong bottom marked mags, but I am thinking the only difference is the markings.  Not Wilson’s finest, but they function.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And... They refunded my money today. They didn't even offer me any exchange.
View Quote
Lesson learned, It's not always about price.

I don't do business with Wilson Combat anymore because I had a issue with a brand new gun and it took 5 calls, with long hold times before the problem of a simple recoil spring was fixed.
Some of the people picking up the phone were knowledgeable, Some were totally clueless.
One guy got off the phone and completely forgot about me.
Sold that gun, mainly because customer service had pissed me off.

Now I spend my money at Nighthawk Custom.
One call Bob Reeves picks up the phone and my question is answered or my problem is fixed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Money back and no mags.  No fun there.

I got four mags that worked in my R1, but were the wrong ones.

All very odd business model.

Reminds me of the 1990’s.

SARCO lavishly advertises and explains an item (which may or may not exist in inventory.)

A picker monkey, pretty sure not a Litton Warehouse, finds the same-similar-dissimilar-unrelated item.

They ship it to you.

CS says they will look into it for you.

Not sure where they look, but they never find the answer.  When it was strictly phones, the your phone did not ring and their phone did not get answered.  Nowmwith an electronic trail, same shiest, different century.

Reading my post above, copied below here, I am elated to have gotten four magazines that work, even if the mags were the wrong ones and the pricing jacked around.  I actually GOT four .45acp mags.

Quoted:
If you flip through their site long enough, you may find the photos of the 1911 magazine forming equipment SARCO has.

They make various versions of their self described “Famous” 1911 magazines with and without stamped base plates or lanyards or whatever in diverse combos of pouches at randomly decided prices for the same things.

I called and that base plate code is on newly made magazines they make themselves that look like GI, but are not actually GI.

For fun, I ordered two sets of the above URL reducing my expectations to about zero so as not to be disappointed.  

After the 1911 MecGar mags I had to replace the guts in with Tripp Super Seven kits and the S&W 380EZ mags which won’t feed the last round after the springs weaken from fifty rounds each that are not worth a cow plop, I got no where to go but up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any thoughts on these? What era?

https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-45cal-7rd-magazine-us-gi/
View Quote
At least it looks right based on weld pattern at the baseplate and witness holes being in the right place, unlike the Chinese junk Hard to say without a look at the baseplate and CAGE code markings.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Friends don’t let friends buy shit mags.  Here’s a pic of a real GI mag and a “couldgetyoukilled” turd:

Note the real deal is parkerized with the stamped lettering oriented correctly (FFS!).

On the “reproduction” the tube stamping is shit, the spring is shit, and the follower is shit.  Most often the tube will crack top, front pretty quick.

FWIW I only buy Colt mags (used to be from Colt, now Brownells).  After having various issues with OEM (alleged I guess) stuff from Metalform and Checkmate. I basically concluded it’s just as easy to copy those so the supplier mattered also.

Folks think highly of other brands like Wilson, Tripp, McCormick, etc. I can’t speak to ‘em since I’ve never had an issue with known, factory Colt mags.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#31]
New Year.

Same Remington plain gun.

Same silly SARCO magazines.

Shooting all four of the magazines this morning 7+1=8 till I ran outta Ball.

Worked perfectly.

Notta word back from SARCO CS.

(Two more weeks later and notta word back from Liz.)
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#32]
SARCO email.

1911 .45acp 7 round mags (4) and pouches (2) back in stock at $20.95.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-two-double-magazine-pouches-with-four-wwii-1911-7rd-mags/?

Same as 2 mag 1 pouch sets in OPs thread.

Since the two sets in the OPs thread I bought worked 100% just fine, I ordered more.

These, but four.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-auto-magazine-7-round/

Shipped is $6 each in above 4 mag set. Apparently none as shown marked, but first four “45ACP” marked ones work in my Remington.

Which is more than I can say for the R1 factory mags and the GD spare factory MecGar mags I had to rebuild to get to work.  MecGar makes the R1 mags.

For $26/shipped, four more eject into police range grass mags and hope no dumb butt walks on them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Promise NOT original, made yesterday.

See their stamping machine description at end of single mag page.

Its SARCO.  Just for fun.  I expected nothing and was happy when the first four work perfect.  These are the same but a better package price.

Life way too short to worry about $25.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just saw that. Wonder if they are true ww2 mags? Or repros again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SARCO email.

1911 .45acp 7 round mags (4) and pouches (2) back in stock at $20.95.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-two-double-magazine-pouches-with-four-wwii-1911-7rd-mags/?

utm_source=instocknotify&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=instocknotify

Same as 2 mag 1 pouch sets in OPs thread.

Since the two sets in the OPs thread worked just fine, I ordered more.
I just saw that. Wonder if they are true ww2 mags? Or repros again.
Real WW2 mags aren't even close to being marked like Sarco's are. And brand new ones, if you find them, are going to be for sale for a whole lot more money.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#37]
SARCO is just like Christmas.  You will probably get something, but who knows exactly what.

After success with the first four mags noted above, I ordered four more.

The box came today with four mags and two pouches.

The mags are identical to the first four except instead of “45ACP”, the second set has all the words and numbers described in the ad all over them.  Same rounded follower with a last round dimple, same follower with a mag catch dimple, same dry finish that turns smooth blue black with the thinnest skim of oil off a shoe brush.

The pouches are the same, but with a different makers stamp and date.

All clearly made yesterday.

Each inserted and ejected from my R1 freely with the slide closed.  Each then locked the slide fully open in the notch and then ejected.  Each fed two rounds by hand and then locked the slide open.  Each then took seven rounds to fill it with hard ball normally.  Considering the weather, they will sit loaded for a few days.

How many do you need for “Last Man Standing?”

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#38]
While I am sure all the resident high speed low drag operators operating operationally have no interest in SARCO 45acp 1911 repro mags, a minor update.

The second set of four received a week or so ago, got shot today, 7+1=8.  100% perfect function in all respects.

A third set of four got dropped on the porch after dark.  Same as the second set markings and construction wise.

Photos:

The first two sets of 4 with different floor plate stampings worked perfectly.  The third set is just like them construction wise.  Very good enough to drop in the mud and grass.  All the GI features and they work.

These are the 2 pouch 4 mag sets.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-two-double-magazine-pouches-with-four-wwii-1911-7rd-mags/

They seem to come and go in and out of stock.  These were available for about two weeks this time..

EDIT:  SARCO 1911 mags now 12/12 for perfect 7+1=8 function.  All three sets of four work perfectly.  Load, fire, feed, eject, lock slide back, and hop out the bottom with the push of a button.  Thank you OP.  Good fun.

[Remarkable only because none of the 6 GD MecGar factory mags worked. And MecGar told me to pound sand.]

And they shoot fairly well also on a 27F day.

Link Posted: 3/16/2020 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#39]
In shooting a SARCO four mag set over and over working on hand load loads for a Remington R1, those mags simply work over and over.

Other than running the followers down and up 25 cycles, they are as made and unchanging and flawless functionally so far.

Yes, I have a set of Wilson ETM 8 round heavy base mags for the R1 if I care for the best that work perfectly.  Easy loading 8 rounds with slide forward.

Yes, I have 6 factory Remington/MecGar made 7 round mags that each crapped out losing the last round after a few uses.  This was ONLY remedied by spending money on Tripp Super Seven spring and follower kits for each.  That spring and follower works perfect, but is stupid expensive just to fix a MecGar tube.   MecGar said pound sand, call Remington, not their problem.

The 12 cheap no social status SARCO 7 round GI copy repro mags just keep ticking along.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I have one of the 8R320 marked mags from Sarco.  I had to change the rounded looking follower to a regular GI style one I had.  The Sarco follower lasted two mags before not locking the slide back and my slide was getting stuck on the back of their round top follower.  I don’t think I will be buying anymore of these when OEM Springfield’s can be bought on eBay for $17 shipped.

What is wrong with the text format?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top