Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2022 8:53:25 AM EDT
I see 629's and 29's all sold out across the board online.

I've been to a few box shops and seen nothing but odd variants like $1700 stealth hunter and pro shop versions.

Is S&W producing these?  Or do they do a small run every X months or X years and then let the market buy them out?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Things like the M&P, the Shield, and the J frames are probably in continuous production.  The slower sellers are going to be run in batches.  Some of those batches may last several years on some of the real slow movers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Just like every other manufacturer, S&W is busy building what's selling best and doesn't have the time for things that are less popular.  Same with ammo companies, they are pumping out 9mm and 5.56 and all the people waiting for .300BO, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8spc, .45 Colt, .44 mag, etc are stuck waiting for ammo that never comes.

Those of who enjoy revolvers and guns in calibers other than 9mm and 5.56 are pushed to the end of the line.  It's all about the profit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been waiting and watching too.  They were pumping out the 44mags about 4-6 months ago pretty regularly.  Now seems like it’s the 686 models they are producing now.  They also seem to be producing a pretty steady stream of the 10mm revolver models.

I didn’t have the money to buy the 629 5” Classic that I wanted back then, but I guess I’ll have to wait until another shows up.  Exile Armory got a 4” 629 in last week so maybe they are starting a new run again, maybe?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
There were 69s on Buds as of earlier this week, FWIW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top