Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
As an example of how easy a last round retention feature would be for the EZ magazines and of how little S&W gives a shiest whether the EZ guns work or not,

Here is a photo of SMITH & WESSONS OWN MP22 Compact .22LR plastic injection molded plastic followers with a ledge to retain the last round:

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump.  Probably going to have to fix a few mags in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought a 380EZ 2.0 for the wife, not shot yet. If we see the same problems I will modify the followers with the 4-40 hex head screws (smoother top surface). Thanks for all your hard work and innovation. Damn shame that S&W won't follow their own design as in your M&P22.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The screw system works 100% as I did it, but the far easier and neater step/shoulder filed in the follower also has worked 100%.  The screw appears an add on while the step filed is not even noticeable unless you know you put it there.

In the 01/25/20 post, the right hand side photo with the shallower step works just as well as the deeper step.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 380 EZ PC model and was starting to get some last round stovepipes with this mag. Did the shallow step mod on the follower. It has been working good so far. Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Bumped.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Bumped again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top