Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/24/2019 6:46:59 PM EDT
Has anyone heard anything about these pistols? Really was hoping Smith would update them by now since every other manufacturer is ahead of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 2:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
there must be a ton of ver 1.0 in inventory as S&W is really dragging their heels on releasing any M2.0 with PC or CORE features.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been waiting for them and don't know why S&W hasn't made any announcements but I was able to handle one today. I didn't take any photos as it wasn't mine but it's a factory M&P marked CORE 2.0. Evidently they have been available for agency orders for a couple months. He wasn't able to give me an exact price off hand. I'm going to try to get my order in for one in the next couple days.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been waiting for them and don't know why S&W hasn't made any announcements but I was able to handle one today. I didn't take any photos as it wasn't mine but it's a factory M&P marked CORE 2.0. Evidently they have been available for agency orders for a couple months. He wasn't able to give me an exact price off hand. I'm going to try to get my order in for one in the next couple days.
View Quote
Interesting. Please keep us updated if you can! @Combat_Leader
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested as well.  Has Safariland started making the lvl III RDS holsters for the CORE yet?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm interested as well.  Has Safariland started making the lvl III RDS holsters for the CORE yet?
View Quote
They have. I have one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Emailed S&W and they gave me the standard response that they couldn't say what they have in the works.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve ordered one through a local dealer that offers blue label guns. Supposedly a guy from one of the local PDs got one. I’ve had my name down since Dec 20th and they can’t give me an idea of how much longer it could be.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#8]
At SHOT I was told 3 month for the 2.0 CORE and sooner for a 5" black 2.0 (non-CORE).

Mike
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Found out today the one I handled is a dealer sample and to expect to wait 3 or 4 more months for 2.0 Cores to actually start shipping... So much for thinking the wait was over.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Found out today the one I handled is a dealer sample and to expect to wait 3 or 4 more months for 2.0 Cores to actually start shipping... So much for thinking the wait was over.
View Quote
Thank you for the information. Glad to know they are coming, not glad knowing it's still going to be a while.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I shot one at an armorers course this week , it was a 4.25" pistol, non ported with an Trijicon RMR. The rep said that it was not available for shipping yet because the factory was reworking the cut for the optic, apparently the pistol I shot would not accommodate the Delta Point Pro without additional machine work but would work with the Trijicon and several other optics. He confirmed that the 5" black gun will be available about the same time as the 2.0 CORE which will be in the very near future, I assume no later than April or May of this year.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I shot one at an armorers course this week , it was a 4.25" pistol, non ported with an Trijicon RMR. The rep said that it was not available for shipping yet because the factory was reworking the cut for the optic, apparently the pistol I shot would not accommodate the Delta Point Pro without additional machine work but would work with the Trijicon and several other optics. He confirmed that the 5" black gun will be available about the same time as the 2.0 CORE which will be in the very near future, I assume no later than April or May of this year.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks for the update @BAMA47. I hope you're right and we see these soon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I know we are just getting in to April but I was curious if anyone has heard any updates on a release date for the 2.0?

I have the 1.0 C.O.R.E. that I want to get rid of for a 2.0
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm waiting for one too.  I have the RMR sitting at home, I keep checking this thread daily hoping someone will have an update.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:14:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I find it a little frustrating that they will release a new long slide, ported rmr cut shield. But not an rmr cut full size which is something people actually want and will see high volume sales.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Any update on this guys? Still can't find anything out about them. Very frustrating S&W seems to have no interest in this segment of the market.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any update on this guys? Still can't find anything out about them. Very frustrating S&W seems to have no interest in this segment of the market.
View Quote
I check this thread daily.  Nothing new on my end
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#18]
What's more annoying is the M2.0 COREs are out there but they aren't in the catalog for most dealers to order (yes I have seen them with my eyes and they are definitely 2.0s 4.25" with supressor height sights).
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Must be doing more to clear out gen 1 models.  I picked up a gen 1 PC CORE in .40 S&W for $331 at the local Rural King the other day.  The two sales clerks and manager looked up the price to make sure it was not an accident.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's more annoying is the M2.0 COREs are out there but they aren't in the catalog for most dealers to order (yes I have seen them with my eyes and they are definitely 2.0s 4.25" with supressor height sights).
View Quote
That's frustrating to hear. I would buy two right now if I could!
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#21]
According to S&W these are now shipping to agencies. I spoke to our distributor today and they have such a large amount of agency backorders that I didn't bother putting in my individual order. It will still be a couple months most likely before they catch up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
According to S&W these are now shipping to agencies. I spoke to our distributor today and they have such a large amount of agency backorders that I didn't bother putting in my individual order. It will still be a couple months most likely before they catch up.
View Quote
I would like to see the list of agencies, that's interesting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hopefully these turn up soon!
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#24]
They are just now making it to market.  Looking at a pic from a local agency that just got theirs in.  Mine should be showing up Monday.  If anyone can host a pic, I can email it to you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They are just now making it to market.  Looking at a pic from a local agency that just got theirs in.  Mine should be showing up Monday.  If anyone can host a pic, I can email it to you.
View Quote
Imgur, Flickr, or attaching it directly to the post works.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Getting notifications today about 2.0 CORE in stock!
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Getting notifications today about 2.0 CORE in stock!
View Quote
Where?
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Where?
View Quote
Proforce in CA has them
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#30]
No word on when these go out to the public?
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No word on when these go out to the public?
View Quote
Any news here? In need of a 2.0 for my Trij. SRO that's currently on my LONG time used 1.0 game gun.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I couldn't wait and just got a CZ P10F OR instead.  The more I shoot it the trigger just keeps smoothing out and I might actually like it just a little more than my Apex equipped 2.0's.  Reset is more pronounced/tactile.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Closer to 1 Aug. so does anyone have a source, pricing or current availability of the gen. 2 or pics. as well?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 1:17:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I am waiting to hear back for payment information after sending in my paperwork to Proforce. I'll give them a call in a day or two as its been almost two weeks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I got one, attached are images. I’m in CA and since I don’t have a chiefs letter this will be in Jail for 10days. Come with trijicon suppressor height sight and mounting plates for various optics. I can try to answer any questions as there is no info available yet

Link Posted: 7/24/2019 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm so jealous.  Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got one, attached are images. I’m in CA and since I don’t have a chiefs letter this will be in Jail for 10days. Come with trijicon suppressor height sight and mounting plates for various optics. I can try to answer any questions as there is no info available yet

https://i.imgur.com/zyT7fvK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/DHwNyI4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x7CrtcK.jpg
View Quote
this made my day thanks for posting
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Agreed w/ Burnsy87 & acman145acp TY much for sharing those & a few brief questions.

Is the grip texture sim. to what's on other gen. 2 M&P's, does your's have a 4.25" barrel & what optic are you going to mount?
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#39]
By the initial look of it, it’s basically just a full size MP 2.0 with optic cuts and mounting plates and suppressor height sights. Barrel is 4.25 in texture is exactly the same. I have a DDP on a Glock 17 gen 5 MOS so this one I was thinking of either a ACRO or RMR since I plan on using this for duty use. As of now leaning towards RMR.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
By the initial look of it, it’s basically just a full size MP 2.0 with optic cuts and mounting plates and suppressor height sights. Barrel is 4.25 in texture is exactly the same. I have a DDP on a Glock 17 gen 5 MOS so this one I was thinking of either a ACRO or RMR since I plan on using this for duty use. As of now leaning towards RMR.
View Quote
I'm really wondering what to go with for duty.

I'm waiting for these to actually show up for purchase.

The price could make my decision since GT's doesn't have a blue label S&w deal
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm really wondering what to go with for duty.

I'm waiting for these to actually show up for purchase.

The price could make my decision since GT's doesn't have a blue label S&w deal
View Quote
559 +dros and tax
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

559 +dros and tax
View Quote
At that price with suppressor height night sights? Not bad at all.

I bet we'll see $499 online soon enough.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I've got an optic's refresher class w/ S. Jedlinski next Sat/Sun but can't find a DFW dealer w/ any of the gen. II's in stock, anyone here have any MetroMess dealer suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've got an optic's refresher class w/ S. Jedlinski next Sat/Sun but can't find a DFW dealer w/ any of the gen. II's in stock, anyone here have any MetroMess dealer suggestions?
View Quote
I haven't seen one online or in person aside from the one posted in this thread.

It's not even on their site yet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I haven't seen one online or in person aside from the one posted in this thread.

It's not even on their site yet.
View Quote
I got it from an LEO only store and even they were very limited. Might be a little longer before they start popping up
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I got it from an LEO only store and even they were very limited. Might be a little longer before they start popping up
View Quote
I'm wondering if GT's would get it in. I
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm wondering if GT's would get it in. I
View Quote
Would you keep us updated Randy if ya see it @ GT or anywhere else in Tx?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Would you keep us updated Randy if ya see it @ GT or anywhere else in Tx?
View Quote
I'm going to keep my eyes peeled. GT's is about 40 minutes from me and I really don't like going up that way.

I'm going to send them an e-mail. I'd bet that by the end of the year, we'll see them online for $499 shipped or less. We've already seen $369-400 2.0 compacts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for all of the updates guys. Looking forward to grabbing these as soon as they are available!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Unboxing CORE 2.0

Video unboxing if anyone is curious, had a crappy camera. Sorry about the quality
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top