Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2022 7:46:55 PM EDT
Built up a 4" PC Shield slide form one of the CDNN stripped slides ($60!).  

RDS footprint is RMSc.  I went with a Crimson Trace CT RAD Micro Pro so I didn't have to use an adapter plate (Holoson 407k requires one).

Attachment Attached File

I don't know if I'm sold on an RDS on a carry gun (I need a lot more rounds down range to make that decision), but the 4" slide really balances well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, you just cost me 60 bucks

Where did you source the slide parts?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, you just cost me 60 bucks Where did you source the slide parts?
View Quote

You can get most (or all) parts from either Midwest Gun Works or Numrich.  I had some in my "Bin of S&W Shit."

Barrel from TR-Enabling.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You can get most (or all) parts from either Midwest Gun Works or Numrich.  I had some in my "Bin of S&W Shit."

Barrel from TR-Enabling.  
View Quote

Thanks, I think I got everything I need except the barrel ordered, Numrich had everything but the extractor and extractor pin which MGW had.

This site keep costing me money.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks, I think I got everything I need except the barrel ordered, Numrich had everything but the extractor and extractor pin which MGW had.

This site keep costing me money.
View Quote

Just a heads-up.  You'll have to trim down the extractor pin, as it's sized to extend to the top of the slide. It sticks up into the optic cut. It's easy to snip it off and drive it flush.

ETA:  I think you're really going to like the balance with the 4" slide. I'm a convert.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just a heads-up.  You'll have to trim down the extractor pin, as it's sized to extend to the top of the slide. It sticks up into the optic cut. It's easy to snip it off and drive it flush.

ETA:  I think you're really going to like the balance with the 4" slide. I'm a convert.
View Quote

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
One more tip:

When you put in the Striker Spring Channel Guide:

Attachment Attached File

It's not like a Glock where they come with a handy-dandy install tool.  I wrecked one (split open the end) learning this trick.  I rubbed on a little oil, started the guide in the striker channel, then turned the slide on end (front sight up) and tapped the slide down on the wood bench, using the weight of the slide to nudge the guide in until it was flush with the end of the slide. Then I took a drill bit that closely matched the ID of the guide and gently tapped the guide in until I felt it bottom out. Worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Very cool.

I had one of those, but ended up selling it once I got the 4" PC Shield Plus. I knew I'd never carry it again, so I sold it. I just prefer the slightly wider grip and extra capacity
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Things I didn't know existed and now think that I can't live without ...

Thanks a LOT ARFCOM!!!

Bigger_Hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top