Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got out and shot it today. 30 or so rounds of 180 gr S&B. This stuff feeds perfectly, the ejection pattern is Low Earth Orbit.

As far as the hardcast goes, 40 rounds each. The recoil is significantly increased from S&B or other range ammo. I had issues with bringing the optic back in line quickly after the shot. Primers strikes look very close to being pierced.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/IMG_2573_jpeg-2814897.JPG

200 gr- 3 FTFeed.

220 gr- 3 Light Primer Strikes.

Optic appears to have stayed tight this time.

Edit: just ordered a couple 6lb striker springs. Today I’ll take the striker out and make sure it’s clean and try to clean the striker channel.
View Quote

thanks for the report! its a small sample size but isolates my optic screws shearing due to the plastic optic plate

curious for the ftf, what recoil spring are you using and did you upgrade the magazine springs? any chance you limp wristed it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

thanks for the report! its a small sample size but isolates my optic screws shearing due to the plastic optic plate

curious for the ftf, what recoil spring are you using and did you upgrade the magazine springs? any chance you limp wristed it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got out and shot it today. 30 or so rounds of 180 gr S&B. This stuff feeds perfectly, the ejection pattern is Low Earth Orbit.

As far as the hardcast goes, 40 rounds each. The recoil is significantly increased from S&B or other range ammo. I had issues with bringing the optic back in line quickly after the shot. Primers strikes look very close to being pierced.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/IMG_2573_jpeg-2814897.JPG

200 gr- 3 FTFeed.

220 gr- 3 Light Primer Strikes.

Optic appears to have stayed tight this time.

Edit: just ordered a couple 6lb striker springs. Today I’ll take the striker out and make sure it’s clean and try to clean the striker channel.

Springs are 24lb Wolff. No on the mag springs. I don’t believe I limp wristed it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Springs are 24lb Wolff. No on the mag springs. I don’t believe I limp wristed it.
View Quote

Your slide speed may be running faster than the stock magazine springs can handle (of which some are suspected to be weak)? You've got hot ammo throwing the slide back fast and a 24lb recoil spring catching it and bringing it quickly into battery.... idk

you can try using a 22lb recoil spring and/or upgrading your magazine springs with springer precision, which is what I use. I have had one FTF issue with 220gr underwood out of ~30rds, but in fairness I likely limp wristed it -- i was afraid of my optic smacking me in the face for a third time and had the pistol up high above my forehead aiming down and not really aiming for precision at the target.

Here are the springer precision (left) vs stock mag spring (right)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I might snag a 22lb spring before I buy more underwood ammo, just to try it out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I might snag a 22lb spring before I buy more underwood ammo, just to try it out.
View Quote

I've got a 4.6" with the 22 lb Wolff Spring.  Underwood 200 gr JHPs run just fine, but I still have some issues with the 200 gr hardcast.  I'm going to try a few things here in the next few weeks to see if I can figure out the issue, but it might be mag springs. At least for me the 22 lb recoil spring isn't a panacea.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I sheared the optic plate screws on my 4" yesterday.   The gun has several hundred rounds of mainly heavy bear loads through it.   The Holosun went approximately 30 feet and the mount plate landed on my head.

Any good way to remove the screws?   I have no local gun smiths.  Closest one is 60 miles away.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sheared the optic plate screws on my 4" yesterday.   The gun has several hundred rounds of mainly heavy bear loads through it.   The Holosun went approximately 30 feet and the mount plate landed on my head.

Any good way to remove the screws?   I have no local gun smiths.  Closest one is 60 miles away.

View Quote

Did you use the s&w plastic optic plate that came with the pistol?

here is my post about it
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/SandW-MandP-2-0-10mm-Is-Here/16-202613/?page=13#i2438089

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been following y’all’s posts on the 4.0” & 4.6”. Lots of good info!  Sounds like most of you have been able to get them dialed in pretty good.

I picked up a 5.6” Performance Center model last week, but haven’t had a chance for a range day yet. This is my first polymer/striker handgun, I’m a 1911 guy, with 2 10mm & 2 .45 1911’s.  I finally decided to try a 10mm that has more mag capacity.

Dry firing my 5.6”, the trigger feels decent. I’m hopeful that the “tuning” the Performance Center did has helped on the trigger. If not, I can always go with an Apex after I’ve broke it in.

I’ve been reloading 10mm since 1988, I intend to run “full” power reloads, but not nuclear, so I’ll keep the 22# & 24# springs in mind.

Thanks to all for sharing their info!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you use the s&w plastic optic plate that came with the pistol?

here is my post about it
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/SandW-MandP-2-0-10mm-Is-Here/16-202613/?page=13#i2438089

View Quote

Yes, I used the plate that came with the gun.  The lugs on the plate did not shear off only the screws did.  

I am going to attempt to extract the screws by using an extractor kit and my drill press.   Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, I used the plate that came with the gun.  The lugs on the plate did not shear off yet only the screws did.  

View Quote

Fixed :)

remove the screws and replace the optic plate with a chwps or whatever and youll be good to go
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your slide speed may be running faster than the stock magazine springs can handle (of which some are suspected to be weak)? You've got hot ammo throwing the slide back fast and a 24lb recoil spring catching it and bringing it quickly into battery.... idk

you can try using a 22lb recoil spring and/or upgrading your magazine springs with springer precision, which is what I use. I have had one FTF issue with 220gr underwood out of ~30rds, but in fairness I likely limp wristed it -- i was afraid of my optic smacking me in the face for a third time and had the pistol up high above my forehead aiming down and not really aiming for precision at the target.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/57029CBB-AF25-49D4-B702-105DBBE840FD_jpe-2683141.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/57029CBB-AF25-49D4-B702-105DBBE840FD_jpe-2683141.JPG

Ordered Springer Precision.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

Awesome, ill be interested if that fixes it for you
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

FWIW, Underwood has 20% off entire site today and tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

FWIW, Underwood has 20% off entire site today and tomorrow.
View Quote

Dammit and thank you
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they offer a 10 round version yet? Haven’t seen one and I don’t trust the man not to jame me up with blocked mags given the chance.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do they offer a 10 round version yet? Haven’t seen one and I don’t trust the man not to jame me up with blocked mags given the chance.
View Quote

Rivet the mags?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Rivet the mags?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rivet the mags?

Nope, I want a factory or at least a Mecgar 10 round mag.

S&W makes 10 round M&P 2.0 9mm mags, so they've clearly done it with other models. Manufacturers would sell a lot more firearms if they increased their magazine options. I've been looking at the 10mm S&W for almost a year now and haven't grabbed one because of this. I don't want any modification of the mag that some overzealous agency can undo and claim I'm in violation.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t think S&W makes a factory-permanent-limited 10mm magazine.

You could epoxy one of these in place to create a 10 round limited mag (no personal experience):

https://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/smith-wesson-m-p-10mm-full-size-10-15-magblock-10mm.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You could epoxy one of these in place to create a 10 round limited mag (no personal experience):

https://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/smith-wesson-m-p-10mm-full-size-10-15-magblock-10mm.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then rivet it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

i’d search calguns.net and see if any ffls offer that service or have someone in a free state purchase the mags, permanently block them and mail to you
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i’d search calguns.net and see if any ffls offer that service or have someone in a free state purchase the mags, permanently block them and mail to you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My FFL will block them and epoxy them. My personal policy is I don’t do altered mags, only factory 10 rounders.

Appreciate the recommendations though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

USPS is freaking absurd. My mag springs were supposed to be delivered today, but USPS decided that once they got close they should take a small detour to another small town close by.

Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

I’m going from a Holosun 407. & the M&P plastic plate to a direct mount Holosun SCS MP2.  It definitely will sit lower on the frame.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314595/IMG_9485_jpeg-2840357.JPG

I’m going from a Holosun 407. & the M&P plastic plate to a direct mount Holosun SCS MP2.  It definitely will sit lower on the frame.
View Quote

I like it.

My Springer mag springs showed up… definitely stronger springs. By quite a margin.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I like it.

My Springer mag springs showed up… definitely stronger springs. By quite a margin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314595/IMG_9485_jpeg-2840357.JPG

I like it.

I like it as well.  It definitely sits lower on the frame.  The stock sights are essentially a full cowitness.  I may swap them for “standard” height Dawson M&P CORE sights.   I’ll shoot’s it sone though before making a decision.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Took my 4.6" with 22# recoil spring out for the fourth time and put some Underwood 200 gr hard cast and 115 gr xtreme defender through it.  Man, every time I shoot this thing I encounter new issues.  Before when I shot the hard cast the slide would occasionally (twice in one mag) lock back when I still had rounds in the magazine, or FTF (one per mag).  This time I had the issue where the mag dropped out twice during one mag, but no slide lock back or FTF.  With the xtreme defenders, I previously had no issues, but yesterday I had 1 FTF each magazine.

I'm about to give up on this thing as it's just too finicky to rely on in the woods.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Took my 4.6" with 22# recoil spring out for the fourth time and put some Underwood 200 gr hard cast and 115 gr xtreme defender through it.  Man, every time I shoot this thing I encounter new issues.  Before when I shot the hard cast the slide would occasionally (twice in one mag) lock back when I still had rounds in the magazine, or FTF (one per mag).  This time I had the issue where the mag dropped out twice during one mag, but no slide lock back or FTF.  With the xtreme defenders, I previously had no issues, but yesterday I had 1 FTF each magazine.

I'm about to give up on this thing as it's just too finicky to rely on in the woods.
View Quote

That sucks.

It won’t run with OEM springs?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had the same issue with that combo (except with a 24# Wolff spring).  I know some other members here have posted success with the Wolff spring/guide rod combo, but I think it was the cause of my issues (mag drops).  I switched to a 24# flat Glock 20 spring and disassembled the stock captive recoil assembly.  No issues after that.  I think the Wolff combo binds and doesn't allow the slide enough travel, it bottoms out and causes excessive frame flex.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I had the same issue with that combo (except with a 24# Wolff spring).  I know some other members here have posted success with the Wolff spring/guide rod combo, but I think it was the cause of my issues (mag drops).  I switched to a 24# flat Glock 20 spring and disassembled the stock captive recoil assembly.  No issues after that.  I think the Wolff combo binds and doesn't allow the slide enough travel, it bottoms out and causes excessive frame flex.
View Quote

I’ll try this, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re gonna cost me more $$.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I won a 4” at a work conference last month (raffle) and I was finally able to pick it up last week and installed a 24# recoil spring and an Apex ultimate striker block.

I can’t wait to break her in tomorrow. I have a couple mags loaded and one that isn’t, gonna compare springs. Does anyone know if they’ve corrected the weak mag springs? If not that will be my next upgrade as I plan on this being my woods gun.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#32]
So the issues still aren’t ironed out?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I answered my own question, they have not worked out the bugs with the week magazine springs. I was planning on shooting 200 rounds, but stopped at 100 after I had 4FTF’s. They all happened with 3 to 4 rounds left in the magazine, I’m sure there wasn’t enough oomph to push the next round in

I ordered Springer precision‘s last magazine spring, kicking myself for not ordering it sooner so I would have enough.

Overall, it shot really well, I’m happy to have it. I just need to get the one bug worked out so I can feel confident carrying it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I answered my own question, they have not worked out the bugs with the week magazine springs. I was planning on shooting 200 rounds, but stopped at 100 after I had 4FTF’s. They all happened with 3 to 4 rounds left in the magazine, I’m sure there wasn’t enough room to push the next round in

I ordered Springer precision‘s last magazine spring, kicking myself for not ordering it sooner so I would have enough.

Overall, it shot really well, I’m happy to have it. I just need to get the one bug worked out so I can feel confident carrying it.
View Quote

What load were you shooting?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It could be part of the issue is using bullet weights at the extremes of the spectrum for the cartridge.  I have no experience with the xtreme defenders, but for a long time people have reported issues with 220 gr bullets in G20s.  You might need to have your pistol set up one way for 220s and another for 115s.  

I've had great success with 180's and 200's.  From my reading across multiple forums since the pistols came out, it seems the heaviest 220 gr projectiles have been a lot of the issues with guns running smoothly.  I'm not saying lighter weights haven't had issues.  

Something to think about.  Going with a 200 gr hardcast at a stoutly loaded 10mm velocity is not giving up very much real world performance over a 220 gr hardcast.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What load were you shooting?
View Quote

A Variety. Ammo inc, Sig, PMC, Federal, PPU, and Underwood.

FTF occurred with Sig (FMJ), Federal (FMJ), PMC (HP), and Underwood (200 gr hard cast)
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Hello people of the internet I have a 10mm M&P 2.0 with the 4" barrel and I am looking for an owb holster that preferably accommodates a streamlight TLR-1 HL which is not necessary, and some heavier recoil springs for it and I was wondering if any of you fine people had any suggestions for me?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey I was wondering where you found those springs I have a 4" model too and I've been wanting some heavier springs to do some really fun handloads?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#41]

I have one TLR and it sits in the drawer.
I wish more holster companies would diversify a little more on light options...
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

How quickly can you ship it to Texas?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you I appreciate the input but I would like to ask what your opinion is on the galloway springs? I have heard mixed reviews on how well they function.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you I will look into these holsters and will still search for a safariland style holster that fits this firearm.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thank you I appreciate the input but I would like to ask what your opinion is on the galloway springs? I have heard mixed reviews on how well they function.
View Quote

I like it so far, even the underwood felt very manageable.  

As I stated, I believe my FTF were the result of weak mag springs. I’m getting a delivery on the mag springs tomorrow and hopefully I’m 100% after that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Let me know how that goes I have not had too many FTF outside of the first 150-250 rds on the factory range ammo so I;m going to hold off on mag springs for a bit longer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I am looking for a cross draw holster to fit MY MP 10mm with 4.62" barrel.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Something like the Galco Phoenix is what I am wanting but it isn't made to fit this model.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am looking for a cross draw holster to fit MY MP 10mm with 4.62" barrel.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Something like the Galco Phoenix is what I am wanting but it isn't made to fit this model.

Thanks
View Quote

the 10mm is the exact same size as the m&p 45 and i believe 9mm as well
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I believe the 9mm is smaller.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone have one of the Performance Center M&P 10 guns with the compensator? I held one today and I really like it
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top