Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2020 9:30:48 PM EDT
O.K. So what's difference between the two?  I used an HK P2000 with a DAO LEM trigger and you could feel a point where you could stage the trigger and then break the shot.  Is the striker fired DAO like this?  Is the striker fired only more like the Glock?  Which one do you like better?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The M&P is SAO. The striker is cocked 100% when you cycle the slide. The Glock says it's DAO, and technically it is, but i still think it's closer to SAO. With the Glock the striker is cocked 70% and when you pull the trigger it cocks that last 30% and released and fires. The HK LEM trigger is DAO, but again it's more like SAO if your shoot from the reset, just has a really long take-up. The striker fired guns are all short and light pulls like SAO triggers. True DA has a really long and heavy pull. The Walther P99 has a decocker and is a true DA/SA striker fired gun. The Khar strikers have long but light trigger pulls and closer to the HK LEM trigger I guess you could say.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw one model of the MP9 had striker fired DAO in its description so that's been throwing me off.  The S&W website shows it in a drop down menu but nothing shows up.  Maybe what I saw in Buds was a misprint.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw one model of the MP9 had striker fired DAO in its description so that's been throwing me off.  The S&W website shows it in a drop down menu but nothing shows up.  Maybe what I saw in Buds was a misprint.
View Quote
I think the M&P is closer to DAO and the Springfield XD is SAO
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#4]
They can call it whatever they want.  They make it and sell it.

But, the only true DAO striker pistol I've ever bought/fired is an FNS.  When you pull the trigger on an FNS the trigger moves the sear to the rear (which actually cocks the striker by moving it to the rear) and then when the striker and striker spring are where it needs to be the sear rotates up in the front, down in the rear and releases the striker to fire the round in the chamber.

On my M&P, Glock and XD/XDM pistols pulling the trigger does not move the sear to the rear.  It only pivots the sear up in the front and down in the back to release the striker and fire the round in the chamber.

The amount that the sear moves the striker when it pivots is pretty darn tough to see/measure on the other pistols.  Not so on the FNS.

You can buy a nice Apex trigger kit for your M&P (I did and it's great) to get the trigger pull down to around 3 lbs. or even slightly less.  A nice Apex trigger kit for the FNS will get the trigger down to what?  About 5.5 lbs.?  May be a smooth 5.5 lbs. but it's still almost 2X what their kits will do for an M&P.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top