Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2020 6:19:10 PM EDT
Factory target grips just ain't cutting it anymore. Anything past 12 rounds is punishing with full power 240 gr. JHP's for anymore.

I'm thinking a set of rubber grips would help. Any recommendations to help tame this beast?

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hogue Monogrip will solve your problem.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Looks exactly what I need.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the one that Hogue advertises for the X & Z frames. It will fit your gun. I put one on my 629 V-comp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Smith and Wesson sells some full-coverage rubber factory grips that really work wonders.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 2:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought I broke my thumb shooting my 29-2. Changed the presentation grips to Herrett target grips and it made it much more manageable
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure you get one for a SQUARE BUTT. Most rubber grips made in the last 30 years have been for the round butt models.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The hogue x frame grip is round butt only. The OP's revolver has a square butt.

The hogue rubber grips do nothing for shooting comfort and are narrow.

I recommend pachmyer decelerator grips (have a layer of cushioning rubber between hand and back of grip frame). Also if you have large hands the presentation model.

I also like the wood hogue grips . Your choice of zero,one or two finger grooves. Wider than the rubber version to distribute recoil over a larger area of the hand. They also fill in the gap behind the trigger guard so are easier on the knuckles than the factory grips on the OP's revolver.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top