Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2022 6:21:13 PM EDT
Well. I got one. 1st impressions:
Very solid gun. Grip panel that came with it/on it fits my hand good. 1 10rd and 1 12rd mag as advertised. Rear slide serrations are flared at the back of the gun for a good grip. No issues with running the slide from the back if you so choose. But! One thing I have not seen on any reviews (at least the ones I've watched) is that you can load the gun with the safety engaged. Bought one for my dad for Father's day.  Very consistent quality with both guns. Bought 2 additional 12rd mags for both guns. LGS got 5 in and all were spoken for in short order.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had one for a couple of months. I have the same impressions you do.
Also, my trigger was heavy and had a bit of gritty creep.
With my homemade trigger gage it was at least 8lbs.
After some polishing and a slightly lighter hammer spring, it's closer to 5lbs.
I would say they are easier to dissemble than a 3rd gen but more complicated than a 1911 and striker fired pistols.
It's more accurate than I am.
Maybe 350-400 rounds through mine with no failures.

Not my pictures or video but they are helpful.

Disassembly pics

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Hopefully I'll get to the range here in the next couple days and run 200rds or so through it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What’s the options on sights? Any night sights yet?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking about going and buying one soon... I got to handle one at the LGS a few weeks ago.. it feels great in my hand. I figure I'll sell the M&P Shield, since I don't carry it or shoot it ever. That'll fund most of the CSX purchase.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I found a like new used one yesterday at a local pawn for $419.  Only had the 10 rounder & larger grip panel.  No box or 12 rounder.  I already ordered two 12 rounders and a holster.  I'll be shooting it tomorrow for the first time.  Trigger is around 5 1/2 lbs.  I've got large hands and this little gun still feels comfortable in my hands.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought one for the fiancee yesterday. She liked it over the Hellcat and 365 due to the grip and ease of pulling the slide back. Looking forward to shooting it and comparing it to the EC9s. Seems like a nice micro.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:43:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What’s the options on sights? Any night sights yet?
View Quote

@old-fashioned

Not that I have seen. White dots easy to pick up in low light. Not shot mine as of yet. But father unit says it shoots to the sights at 15yds.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up my CSX today, and I just ordered three more 12 round mags from GunMag Warehouse. They have some in stock at $42 each.

I have a few holsters from PJ Holsters, and verified they make one for the CSX, so I'll order one soon.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I do wish the 12rd mags had a single-piece floorplate/spacer. The spacer on it is too lose. I may try a little spot of Gorilla Glue to hold it, but not so much that I can't snap it to disassemble if needed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do wish the 12rd mags had a single-piece floorplate/spacer. The spacer on it is too lose. I may try a little spot of Gorilla Glue to hold it, but not so much that I can't snap it to disassemble if needed.
View Quote

I tried some Gorilla Glue.  It took awhile to dry.  It kind of works, with the ability to break the spacer free as needed.  Not sure how it would hold-up in a mag pouch during day to day carry?  A different glue might work better?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You might try this fix that I used on another S&W pistol with similar problems with the spacer.  Put a strip of electrical tape around the magazine body and then slide the spacer over that. In my case that's all it took to hold the spacer in place and it's a fix that doesn't require any permanent modification and can be reversed whenever you like.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You might try this fix that I used on another S&W pistol with similar problems with the spacer.  Put a strip of electrical tape around the magazine body and then slide the spacer over that. In my case that's all it took to hold the spacer in place and it's a fix that doesn't require any permanent modification and can be reversed whenever you like.
View Quote

Will have to try a little electrical tape on one of them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I like mine.  Would like to have a 4" 15rd railed version.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I dug up my 10 pack of 9mm snap caps and was cycling and dry firing. The spacer broke free. So I got out the electrical tape, and wrapped it around the front and sides of the magazine. The spacer slides over it with good resistance and stays in place, but the magazine is about impossible to insert into the gun. I took a razor knife and cut the tape a bit above the spacer and removed the extra, and the mag seats normally.

Electrical tape seems like it will be a superior solution. I'll end up doing the other three magazines soon.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I asked my LGS to order one for me, no clue how long that will take.

I plan on test firing it for 250 rounds, then going thru the trigger and polishing all sliding and rotating parts. I look forward to seeing what that does for it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Can you decock it, and carry with a loaded chamber, and not have the safety on?
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
You'd have to do it manually.  And then you'd have to cock it before firing.  Highly not recommended.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is literally no reason to do any of that, at all, ever, with this style of pistol.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like a silly thing to do. Why?

While it's based on the 1911, you can leave the safety engaged while cycling the slide. Why would you de-cock it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Any night sights yet for this? Web is only showing front sights for M&P fitting, but not matched sets…been out for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#21]
XS sights has the DXT2 set for this pistol.  And yes, S&W says any front sight for the M&P should work, and this rear sight is unique.

https://youtu.be/OpfLoIgDd0k
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
So it’s looking like I may nab one of these guys. Already eyeing the XS sights, but does anyone have a line on spare mags? 12s primarily.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
...does anyone have a line on spare mags? 12s primarily.
View Quote

Lanbo's armory has them routinely.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...does anyone have a line on spare mags? 12s primarily.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 2:10:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Midway has them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top