Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2022 9:43:08 PM EDT
Im a big fan of the Apex FSS triggers and have them in all my M&P's. I just picked up a 4" 10mm and want to swap out the trigger. Apex says their 2.0 FSS is not "certified" with the 10mm.  I was wandering if any of you have with a 10mm have tried to swap the triggers?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I will be patiently waiting for apex to release a trigger kit for the 10mm. I won't be messing with it until then, though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be patiently waiting for apex to release a trigger kit for the 10mm. I won't be messing with it until then, though.
View Quote

This.

Although I may opt to keep the factory trigger.  It's definitely the best out of the box M&P trigger I've tried.  

When APEX releases M&P 10 parts, I may just opt for a machined sear and call it good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent a note to Apex as the factory S&W trigger is horrendous. Below was the reply I received.

Apex Customer Service:
Thank you for your interest in our products.
Unfortunately, we currently do not offer any products for the M&P 2.0 10mm.  They are looking into them and that is all the information we have.  The best advice I can offer you is follow us on our social media sites and sign up for emailing list, if you haven’t don’t so already.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.

Although I may opt to keep the factory trigger.  It's definitely the best out of the box M&P trigger I've tried.  

When APEX releases M&P 10 parts, I may just opt for a machined sear and call it good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Eh. I thought the hinged trigger on my 9mm 2.0 was better, but it's Apex now, too. The break was crisper, and takeup wasn't as scratchy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I put a APEX in a 4" 10MM but have not been able to shoot it yet. Everything function checks and feels great. I bought the 45acp kit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I asked Apex the same question and they said they haven't evaluated their kits with the 10mm yet. I bought and installed one anyway and it works fine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a Wolff non-captured guide rod with 20 and 22 lb recoil springs a couple days ago, and they arrived today.

Hopefully I can try them out this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I sent a note to Apex as the factory S&W trigger is horrendous.
View Quote

Disagree.  It's not bad.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I ordered a Wolff non-captured guide rod with 20 and 22 lb recoil springs a couple days ago, and they arrived today.

View Quote

Was it the .45 guide rod? Looking forward to reading your results.

I have the 22 and 24lb springs, wondering if they'd help my oob/failure to chamber issues.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have the 22 and 24lb springs, wondering if they'd help my oob/failure to chamber issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, M&P 45 guide rod and springs.  Dropped in without any issues.  

Installing the 20 and 22 lb springs with an uncaptured guide rod was a little finicky at first compared yo the factory assembly.

Once I settle on a recoil spring weight I may look into an aftermarket captured rod & doting assembly at that weight, but for trying out different weights the uncaotured rod is the better option.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I sent a note to Apex as the factory S&W trigger is horrendous. Below was the reply I received.

View Quote

Horrendous compared to what?  

If I compare my M&P trigger yo my gunsmith worked 1911 with years of shooting, yes, by comparison the stock striker trigger is pretty bad.

Compared to other striker fired triggers out of the box? It’s pretty good snd one of the better options.

What’s the primary issue?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Here’s my current setup, Wolff guide rod and 20 lb recoil spring g, added a Holosun 407C and then blacked out the rear sight with a Sharpie

Attachment Attached File

I know sone owners have noted a gritty trigger.  Mine was gritty out of the box.  My first deep cleaning I used Gunblaster to really hit the area where the sear contacts the trigger bar.  

Then I lubed the trigger bar to sear contact surfaces with a tiny amount of grease.  

After reassembling and several hundred dry fires most of that gritty take up is gone.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bourbonator. I put 50 rounds of CCI Blazer through my M&P10 today.  I only used the Wolff guide rod and springs.  20 rounds with a 20 lb  spring and 30 rounds with a 22lb spring.

100% function on all shots.  Lots of 2 and 3 round strings of fire to verify the slide would consistently lock back after the last toubd, which it did.

I should have purchased a 24 lb spring as well.  22# seemed s out perfect for Blazer 180 FMJ, so I’m thinking I may want more for when I start working up full power loads with Blue Dot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top