Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2020 6:45:56 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to pick on up.  I understand these are highly regarded in the 10mm world. what's a fair price for these and the market value.  Appears to have been shot very little..Than you in advance.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw one at a gun show a while back. Wanted to buy it but was in-between turnarounds and spending 700 on a pistol I have zero ammo for just wasn't a frugal idea for me.

Looking back I kinda wish I would've bought it. It had the upgraded sights and a 5inch barrel
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
No idea what fair market price for one is (check my location) but I have always wanted one and they are only going to get more rare. I say jump if you can afford it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
700-900 dollars in excellent - new condition (east coast)

Bought one last yr - still havent shot it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
It's in my opinion the gold standard of early 10mm's.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
$700-$900 depending on condition,box mags etc.

Mags are pricey and a little hard to find sometimes

I have a 1066 which out shoots any 10mm I own except my Sig 220 10mm.

The 1006/1066 are built like a brick SH and with enough weight that even "real" 10mm loads are easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both the 1006 and Sig's P220 (the two-tone DA/SA model).

While both are 5" guns, the 1006 is actually the lighter of the two, due to the Sig's thicker frame where the rail area is.

As far as 1006 values goes, they're all over the place.

It depends on condition which can only be determined by a hands-on inspection after field-stripping, which some sellers/dealers are reluctant to permit. ...

What's the approximate round-count?  Does the 1006 in question have fixed or adjustable sights? How many mags come with the gun? And with what color followers? (Yellows are the early ones; whites are the later upgraded follower). Factory box & papers too? ... All affect value.

On the 9-rd 10XX-series mags, be advised that even the shot-to-shit 'used' mags are commanding north of $50 IF you can find them ... I've seen NOS/NIB 10XX-series mags going for north of $100.

AFAIK, S&W sold all its 3rd Gen 10XX-series parts to Numrich Gun Parts Corp.  So while it's true that the 10XX-series guns were 'built like tanks,' you have zero factory support if something critical does break, like the extractor, ejector, or trigger spring. Just FYI.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought this one for $750 with the box and 3 mags.  Just a few minor scuffs on it.  Wipe it with an oil cloth and they vanish.  You can still buy a lot of parts from Numrich.  Springs for the gun are available from there and Wolf.  Over time I’ve bought many replacement parts for mine.

I “built” the other 7 mags in the picture from parts ordered from Numrich.  They work out to be around $60 each.  They are closer to $100 on EBay and some of the auction sites.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Had one years ago and had to part with it, only thing stopping me now is the price of mags.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Had one years ago and had to part with it, only thing stopping me now is the price of mags.
View Quote

This right here. spare mags are crazy expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top