Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2019 6:21:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
What I posted in the other ACRO thread.

Cliff Notes:
- Made it through burn down no issues (initially 500 rounds in 3 min, including full auto; It was also raining). 2000 rounds total.
- Protective window broke / lens cracked / frame dented on second drop test (10:38 in video). This drop test wasn't even on solid concrete like the other optics he tested. it was on a rock on the grass. You can see the rock absorb some of the impact as it rotates upon being struck. So this is an easier test than the others he's done on solid concrete.
- Acro still functioned and additional drops (on the rock), shooting, barrier manipulations didn't make the crack worse. Held zero when checked at end of testing.
- He mentions condensation in the optic after loss of protective window but it's not exactly clear where. He says "no undue condensation" got in and that the emitter area stayed clear - but the condensation that was present after loss of protective window didn't impede use

Overall not bad but not exactly confidence inspiring either. Also wished it had a auto brightness adjust feature.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Just wish I could find them in stock somewhere....
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
No offense But WHY???? It's a Box with a little red dot inside : I have to say I've had almost every Red dot on teh market : I am impressed with the Holosun 507C  *So was Sage Dyno)  for nearly 1/3 of the cost
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No offense But WHY???? It's a Box with a little red dot inside : I have to say I've had almost every Red dot on teh market : I am impressed with the Holosun 507C  *So was Sage Dyno)  for nearly 1/3 of the cost
View Quote
Nothing wrong with the holosun....I've ran T1 micros on my Glocks for quite some time and I'm just a fan....I also like running new gear and vetting it myself. I like the Acro...same size basically as the RMR with sealed emitter....So my question is....Why not? Not only that, but when I can get one close to $500 to my door, again, why not?

And just because Cowen likes the Holosun, doesn't mean it is as good as Aimpoint or Trijicon etc....Not going to get into a brand war here or fanboy for one or the other....But im not going to run a Holosun on a duty or work gun....But that's just me, you do you!
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with the holosun....I've ran T1 micros on my Glocks for quite some time and I'm just a fan....I also like running new gear and vetting it myself. I like the Acro...same size basically as the RMR with sealed emitter....So my question is....Why not? Not only that, but when I can get one close to $500 to my door, again, why not?

And just because Cowen likes the Holosun, doesn't mean it is as good as Aimpoint or Trijicon etc....Not going to get into a brand war here or fanboy for one or the other....But im not going to run a Holosun on a duty or work gun....But that's just me, you do you!
View Quote
A brand War? Ypou must have misunderstood?  I thought you might know something I didn't and was looking for more of a reason to make me want one. I don't go by Sage's Opinion : I actually think bashing something on Rocks isn't even fair for every Optic :  But more to teh point : I was just hoping you might have more of a reason besides I just want one. Thanks for replying . Look forward to your thoughts when you get it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
But im not going to run a Holosun on a duty or work gun....But that's just me, you do you!
View Quote
Exactly.  I'm waiting for one too
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you still haven’t found one, hit up Strohman enterprises. They got me my Acro quickly and were great to work with
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you still haven’t found one, hit up Strohman enterprises. They got me my Acro quickly and were great to work with
View Quote
Have you shot with yours yet? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
You got yours from them already?  When did you put in your order?

I put in an order with them on March 7th and haven't heard back yet.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have you shot with yours yet? How do you like it?
View Quote
Not yet. My slide should be back from ATEi within the next week here and then I’ll give it the full run down compared to my rmr type 2 and my recently sold DPP.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You got yours from them already?  When did you put in your order?

I put in an order with them on March 7th and haven't heard back yet.
View Quote
I tried to find my old email, but naturally can’t. I probably ordered around the same time, maybe a little after you. But I got mine a few weeks ago. I would shoot them an email. Their CS was great for me. When I bothered them with an email, I usually had a response within a few hours.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I tried to find my old email, but naturally can’t. I probably ordered around the same time, maybe a little after you. But I got mine a few weeks ago. I would shoot them an email. Their CS was great for me. When I bothered them with an email, I usually had a response within a few hours.
View Quote
I emailed them about it a week or two ago.  On the 22nd they replied saying their shipment was arriving that day and I would see an invoice that day.  I haven't heard anything from them since then, I'll email them again I guess.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I emailed them about it a week or two ago.  On the 22nd they replied saying their shipment was arriving that day and I would see an invoice that day.  I haven't heard anything from them since then, I'll email them again I guess.
View Quote
Probably just an oversight. For sure hit me up again. I never got a shipping notice. I paid my invoice and like 2-3 days later it was on my porch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top