Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2022 9:33:11 PM EDT
I bought a Glock 17 ALS holster last year and have never been able to get it to work. I tried getting a spacer kit, I tried the midride adapter and I tried the belt clip (wouldn't open). The issue with the stock holster with the belt loop is this-
Attachment Attached File

I wear a leather gun belt, a Daltech, and have to literally drag it through because-
1- the loop is far too flat/straight and
2- no matter what combo of spacers I use the belt drags against the holster itself coming out of the back loop.

Fine, I thought; I'd like to be able to remove the holster for non-permissive environments (and to make it easier at night) so I tried the clip I mentioned above and could not open it. I next considered the QLS; this picture would be great but how does the backplate stay on a regular gun belt as below? Am I going to have to try yet another part that won't work?

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The attachments that come with the holster suck balls. Look at these. I prefer the mini-paddle, but if you want to thread it on a belt, the 565 works pretty good. Pushes the holster out away from the body a bit though.

Mini Paddle

Belt slide
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The attachments that come with the holster suck balls. Look at these. I prefer the mini-paddle, but if you want to thread it on a belt, the 565 works pretty good. Pushes the holster out away from the body a bit though.

Mini Paddle

Belt slide
View Quote

Can you still use the fork and receiver with those?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally use the Full size paddle, and in several cases a drop kit and MLS plates and forks,  I like the MLS because they are rounder and less "pokey" and they are also stronger.  I caught my holster on a prop at a 3 gun match and a MLS clip and plate stopped all 300lbs of my fat ass dead in my tracks without breaking.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Can you still use the fork and receiver with those?
View Quote

Yes. If you want to. The Safariland hole patterns are pretty much standardized now across the board with a few exceptions. But the two I referenced can be used with the QLS system.

The mini paddle I referenced is secure and easy to take on/off.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes. If you want to. The Safariland hole patterns are pretty much standardized now across the board with a few exceptions. But the two I referenced can be used with the QLS system.

The mini paddle I referenced is secure and easy to take on/off.
View Quote

Cool. I'm looking to be able to click in the same holster on my bat belt using the mid-ride ubl whatever but also be able to throw it on a pair of jeans real quick.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cool. I'm looking to be able to click in the same holster on my bat belt using the mid-ride ubl whatever but also be able to throw it on a pair of jeans real quick.
View Quote

You can do that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys! I like to carry at 3 o'clock, looks like I'd have to slide back (to avoid the belt loop) with these options. Does anyone make belt clips to fit the Safariland pattern?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Belt slide
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I next considered the QLS; this picture would be great but how does the backplate stay on a regular gun belt as below? Am I going to have to try yet another part that won't work?
View Quote

I have a QLS plate mounted on one of these Safariland belt clips:

745BL - CLIP-ON HOLSTER BELT LOOP

It's really intended to be directly mounted to the holster (and some holster models are sold with it), but I wanted something I could mount on my belt if I was going hiking, walking around the property at night, etc. The QLS plate both makes the holsters interchangeable and spaces the holster a little farther out from my hip, like you're wanting. Definitely not for concealment, but it doesn't sound like that's your intent anyway.

The clip has a piece inside it that works like a spacer to size to your particular belt width. I had to move mine and modified the slots that it fits into in order to make it fit my belt correctly  Not sure it was exactly intended to do that, because it wasn't a simple process of moving the spacer, but it worked great for me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
@brachiosaur
How about one of these?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys! I ended up with the belt slide; much, much better than the belt 'loop' it came with. The top of the holster sticks too far out for anything other than open carry. I'll probably use it for a battle belt. I'm using a Raven Perun for my daily carry and got tired of threading the belt through, I've been leaving the belt in the pants, unholstering the gun and sticking it in the SL overnight.

Attachment Attached File

I have an idea on setting up QLS for a backpack's waist belt, that leather slide would probably be more comfortable on my pants belt under the backpack belt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks guys! I ended up with the belt slide; much, much better than the belt 'loop' it came with. The top of the holster sticks too far out for anything other than open carry. I'll probably use it for a battle belt. I'm using a Raven Perun for my daily carry and got tired of threading the belt through, I've been leaving the belt in the pants, unholstering the gun and sticking it in the SL overnight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/516916/IMG_20220706_173254452_jpg-2443898.JPG

I have an idea on setting up QLS for a backpack's waist belt, that leather slide would probably be more comfortable on my pants belt under the backpack belt.
View Quote

Yup
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top