Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 12:40:33 PM EDT
Got a Dan Wesson Wraith a couple weeks ago. I want a Safariland 6395 ALS with the multicam wrap or coyote. They’re website is shit and I have no idea how to find the multicam option, whether my threaded barrel will work, or whether it works with suppressor height sights. Any idea?

Update: sat on hold with them for 22 and 24 minutes and was hung up on both times....FML
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally their holsters will accommodate taller sights, but I'm not sure about the Wraith's since they sit pretty tall.

The non light-bearing models don't have a barrel plug afaik so the threaded barrel shouldn't be an issue.

I don't believe they offer the cordura wrapping on the non-RDS holsters any longer.

Your best bet would be to get either a Coyote STX 6395 and leave it as is, or have it wrapped/wrap it yourself with something like GearSkin.

Part number for a 5 inch government model 1911, non light-bearing 6395 in Coyote STX would be: 6395-53-761

SKU for the aforementioned would be: 1164507

I ordered a 1911 ALS holster for my friend on Black Friday and he should have it soon. I'll have him measure the clearance for the sights and get back to you on it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Generally their holsters will accommodate taller sights, but I'm not sure about the Wraith's since they sit pretty tall.

The non light-bearing models don't have a barrel plug afaik so the threaded barrel shouldn't be an issue.

I don't believe they offer the cordura wrapping on the non-RDS holsters any longer.

Your best bet would be to get either a Coyote STX 6395 and leave it as is, or have it wrapped/wrap it yourself with something like GearSkin.

Part number for a 5 inch government model 1911, non light-bearing 6395 in Coyote STX would be: 6395-53-761

SKU for the aforementioned would be: 1164507

I ordered a 1911 ALS holster for my friend on Black Friday and he should have it soon. I'll have him measure the clearance for the sights and get back to you on it.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
So looking at the pictures he sent me and the crude measurements, I don't think the sights will fit.

Seems like the front sight would rub along the entirety of the inside of the holster, even if you cut out the polymer in the rear to make room for the rear sight.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Tough call. I forget what model, but a friend of mine dug out a Safariland ALS holster out of hits holster pile when I brought up the subject there. My front sight did clear, but the rear failed to do so. If it follows the same trend as the 6395, it looks like if I heat and open up the rear sight area or notch it, it will fit. But his wasn’t a 6395 so no clue if there is a difference. I rolled the dice and ordered a 6395 a couple minutes ago. Worst case my Colt 70 can be used with it. If it’s a total bust, I’m not sure what a good alternative will be. My friend has a SLS style from KT-Mech(I think that’s it) and he likes it but I’m not familiar with them. And btw, thanks for the followup, at least my expectations are slightly lowered to prevent disappointment lol.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tough call. I forget what model, but a friend of mine dug out a Safariland ALS holster out of hits holster pile when I brought up the subject there. My front sight did clear, but the rear failed to do so. If it follows the same trend as the 6395, it looks like if I heat and open up the rear sight area or notch it, it will fit. But his wasn’t a 6395 so no clue if there is a difference. I rolled the dice and ordered a 6395 a couple minutes ago. Worst case my Colt 70 can be used with it. If it’s a total bust, I’m not sure what a good alternative will be. My friend has a SLS style from KT-Mech(I think that’s it) and he likes it but I’m not familiar with them. And btw, thanks for the followup, at least my expectations are slightly lowered to prevent disappointment lol.
View Quote

If your front sight is clearing it, you should be able to make it work by dremeling off material at the rear of the holster where the rear sight sits to allow the gun to lock in.

If you look in the second picture I posted where the holster body is occluding the rear sight -- that should be the area of the holster. The locking mechanism is seated further in so you shouldn't run into any issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top