Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 12:28:59 PM EDT
I'm bored and on quarantine so I'm putting together a battle belt and need some help with choosing the holster.

I went to community college so I cant figure out the Safariland model numbers.

Will the Safariland 6378USN ALS Low Signature Holster w/Tac Light work with the Glock 45 w/ TLR 1 HL with SiCo threaded barrel?

Anyone running one? Could you post a pic?

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The Safariland holster finder works pretty well. It does say that the 6378 would work with the 45 and TLR1-HL. If it is an open bottom holster, then it would be able to support a threaded barrel. If it isn't an open bottom holster, the you should consider getting a holster sized for Glock 17.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that it will work but didn't see that specific model number on the Safariland website.

Just gonna send it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw that it will work but didn't see that specific model number on the Safariland website.

Just gonna send it.

Thanks
View Quote

If you choose a holster and populate the fields, it will spit out a model number. The downside is that I've never seen the USN holsters on there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Im looking for a condura wrapped holster. Cant seem to navigate their site to find one. Thanks for trying though I appreciate it.

I ordered one from Copquest but unfortunately received an email stating they were out of stock and that their website was listing stock incorrectly.

Looking for one of these or something similar for the 45 with TLR 1. Any other options out there from Safariland?

https://www.optactical.com/safariland6378.html

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#5]
A Glock 17 or 34 sized holster will work for that set up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Im looking for a condura wrapped holster. Cant seem to navigate their site to find one. Thanks for trying though I appreciate it.

I ordered one from Copquest but unfortunately received an email stating they were out of stock and that their website was listing stock incorrectly.

Looking for one of these or something similar for the 45 with TLR 1. Any other options out there from Safariland?

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/optacticalgear/safariland-6378-11.jpg

https://www.optactical.com/safariland6378.html

View Quote

I have that exact holster for the G19. It fits the G45* but the front serrations catch on the piece that locks into the ejection port preventing a smooth draw. I believe Safariland made a change to that part; I could be wrong, but my hunch is holsters compatible with Gen 5 Glocks (per the Holster Finder) has the "fix" for this issue.

So, if you're not seeing that holster show up in the Holster Finder, my bet is that they never updated it to be compatible with Gen 5 guns.

ETA: Looking at the Holster Finder, you will get Cordura results if you set the search criteria to Glock 45 MOS and just pick an optic from the list (e.g., 6390RDS ALS); it will work fine if you don't have an optic. Or you could always select one of their non-Cordura holsters and have it wrapped by RDR Gear, but that adds to the cost.

*NOTE: Assuming you have a non-threaded barrel. If it's threaded, you will need the plug kit that is challenging to find.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Copquest has several different listings for the 6378USN, mostly differentiated by belt mounting option (loop, clip, QLS, etc.). Several of them only show the G19 version, but this listing's drop down menu includes the G17 version which it looks like you need for the threaded barrel (people use the G17 holster for G19s with a compensator). It doesn't list Multicam as an option, and I don't recall if the other colors (OD, FDE, Foliage, Coyote) are Cordura-wrapped. It might help you narrow down the part number you're looking for though.

Safariland 6378 ALS Paddle/Belt Loop Concealment Holster - Tac Light

I think the issue may be that Safariland made the Multicam Cordura-wrapped holsters for military contracts, so they only did that wrap for pistols that are used by the military.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Copquest has several different listings for the 6378USN, mostly differentiated by belt mounting option (loop, clip, QLS, etc.). Several of them only show the G19 version, but this listing's drop down menu includes the G17 version which it looks like you need for the threaded barrel (people use the G17 holster for G19s with a compensator). It doesn't list Multicam as an option, and I don't recall if the other colors (OD, FDE, Foliage, Coyote) are Cordura-wrapped. It might help you narrow down the part number you're looking for though.

Safariland 6378 ALS Paddle/Belt Loop Concealment Holster - Tac Light

I think the issue may be that Safariland made the Multicam Cordura-wrapped holsters for military contracts, so they only did that wrap for pistols that are used by the military.
View Quote

That also depends on the compensator and might require modification to the holster. If you have a short comp or a comp with a tapered nose, then it has a better chance of fitting. If you have a larger comp or more square comp, like the KKM, then you would need to open up the bottom of the holster a little. If you are going to run a comp, the better option would be to look at a 34 holster instead.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
You aren’t getting a comp’ed 19 in a 17 holster unless it’s some micro sized comp like the Cali or maybe GA comp.   Comp’ed 19s are sitting in 34 holsters 99% of the time.  

Another option is to get the 19 size holster and remove the plug insert completely.  This should give you the space you want
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That also depends on the compensator and might require modification to the holster. If you have a short comp or a comp with a tapered nose, then it has a better chance of fitting. If you have a larger comp or more square comp, like the KKM, then you would need to open up the bottom of the holster a little. If you are going to run a comp, the better option would be to look at a 34 holster instead.
View Quote

Thanks for clarifying that, sorry, not my area of expertise. Will the 17 holster have enough room for the OP's threaded barrel with protector? That was the main point of recommending the 17 holster for his situation.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the info!

I reached out to OP Tactical and they gave me some model numbers to look for. Like you stated above with the threaded barrel I will need to use a holster for the G17.

Im not sure why but I cant seem to get the Safariland website to show Condura wrapped holsters or holster with lights attached. I ended up buying a few different ones to try, one off Cop Quest, Optics Planet and Ebay

Going to see what works best. Might need a little help from my Dremel.

This seems to be what I need - 6378-832-561 Safariland 6378 ALS Glock 17/ 22 Holster w/ Light although could not find a condura wrapped for G17 only the G19.

It just seems to be sold out everywhere?

https://dsgarms.com/holsters-saf6378-832-561

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the info!

I reached out to OP Tactical and they gave me some model numbers to look for. Like you stated above with the threaded barrel I will need to use a holster for the G17.

Im not sure why but I cant seem to get the Safariland website to show Condura wrapped holsters or holster with lights attached. I ended up buying a few different ones to try, one off Cop Quest, Optics Planet and Ebay

Going to see what works best. Might need a little help from my Dremel.

This seems to be what I need - 6378-832-561 Safariland 6378 ALS Glock 17/ 22 Holster w/ Light although could not find a condura wrapped for G17 only the G19.

It just seems to be sold out everywhere?

https://dsgarms.com/holsters-saf6378-832-561

View Quote

I think I found the issue. I'm just spitballing here, but the it seems like the Cordura wrapped holsters were only technically made for the Gen 1-4 Glocks. If you search for holsters for the Gen 1-4 frames, you will see the Cordura wrapped holsters pop up. If you perform the same search with the Gen 5 frames, they won't appear.

I did sort by color since the USN was way down on the list.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think I found the issue. I'm just spitballing here, but the it seems like the Cordura wrapped holsters were only technically made for the Gen 1-4 Glocks. If you search for holsters for the Gen 1-4 frames, you will see the Cordura wrapped holsters pop up. If you perform the same search with the Gen 5 frames, they won't appear.
View Quote

Yes, that's correct, the Cordura-wrapped holsters and other versions lack the "bump-out" on the right side of the holster body for the Gen 5 ambidextrous slide release. Gen 5s still work in them for the most part - my Gen 5 G19 inserts smoothly into my 6354DO, but the right side slide release sometimes gets caught on the lip of my 6378USN holster body. However, Safariland doesn't officially consider those holster to be Gen 5 compatible. The 7TS holster series, in contrast, are made to clear the slide release on Gen 5 pistols.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#14]
https://safariland.com/products/model-6390rds-als-mid-ride-level-i-retention-duty-holster-model_6390rds

What you’re looking for, plus it gives you the option for adding a optic in the future.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a G45 and a G19.5 and these two work with both:

Old School
Attachment Attached File

6354DO-6832-701 (RH)
6354DO-6832-702 (LH)

New School
6390RDS-2832-701 (RH)
6390RDS-2832-702 (LH)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a G45 and a G19.5 and these two work with both:

Old School
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/WPC-Q-000003_1_49_23_PM_png-1780351.JPG
6354DO-6832-701 (RH)
6354DO-6832-702 (LH)

New School
6390RDS-2832-701 (RH)
6390RDS-2832-702 (LH)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/WPC-Q-000002_1_48_37_PM_png-1780350.JPG
View Quote

Thanks PFran42

Ill start looking around seeing what I can find available. Not really interested in the RDS shroud look but I guess it inst that bad.

Anyone reading this thread have an old one they would sell?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/njWtAqA.gif?noredirect

Thanks PFran42

Ill start looking around seeing what I can find available. Not really interested in the RDS shroud look but I guess it inst that bad.

View Quote

The shroud helps keep crap and rain off the lens, and adds a layer of protection. They come off pretty easily if you prefer not using it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Keep in mind, the specific 6354DO-6832 I listed is made for a Glock 34. I made the mistake of buying the 6390RDS before I fully understood how Safariland holsters work. With the 6390RDS-2832 I basically locked myself into only being able to use it with a 19/45 w/ no threaded barrel, comp, etc.

I rectified that issue with the 6354DO-6832. It will fit pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Keep in mind, the specific 6354DO-6832 I listed is made for a Glock 34. I made the mistake of buying the 6390RDS before I fully understood how Safariland holsters work. With the 6390RDS-2832 I basically locked myself into only being able to use it with a 19/45 w/ no threaded barrel, comp, etc.

I rectified that issue with the 6354DO-6832. It will fit pretty much anything.
View Quote

That's good intel.

Is there any slop/play with your G45 with threaded barrel and light in a safariland holster made for a G34?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The shroud helps keep crap and rain off the lens, and adds a layer of protection. They come off pretty easily if you prefer not using it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/njWtAqA.gif?noredirect

Thanks PFran42

I don't have an optic on my glocks at this time. Knowing it comes off is helpful, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Holster one just showed up. Model number 6378 - 832 GLOCK 17,22 ITM3 LIGHT 1811

Its just black, not condura wrapped or ranger green, but my G45 fits perfect.

Pretty siked

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]
The safariland holsters are awesome.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Holster one just showed up. Model number 6378 - 832 GLOCK 17,22 ITM3 LIGHT 1811

Its just black, not condura wrapped or ranger green, but my G45 fits perfect.

Pretty siked

View Quote

There’s multiple people doing fabric wraps on holsters if you want to add that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top