Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2022 10:46:02 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a holster that uses SL hardware for a Sig M18 with optic and TLR1.

I'm looking at used ads to get ideas on what is out there and possible deals.

Really not seeing anything for my specific setup, but then I saw this:
Attachment Attached File

It has already sold, but is the text accurate? That the light type doesn't really matter and a 320 Compact and M&P can use the same holster?
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Light type generally doesn't matter in this series of holster, since primary retention is on the gun's muzzle and the ejection port.

From there, in theory if two different pistols had about the same dimensions and the same distance from the muzzle to the front bearing surface of the ejection port, they could use the same holster.  But that said, it seems Safariland does have different part numbers for those two pistols:

S&W M&P 2.0 9C = 6390RDS-2252-xxx
Sig P320 Compact 9mm = 6390RDS-7502-xxx
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I know sometimes you can use multiple guns in Safariland holsters. My P10c fit just fine in my Safariland 6390RDS for a G19. IG post
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Light type generally doesn't matter in this series of holster, since primary retention is on the gun's muzzle and the ejection port.

From there, in theory if two different pistols had about the same dimensions and the same distance from the muzzle to the front bearing surface of the ejection port, they could use the same holster.  But that said, it seems Safariland does have different part numbers for those two pistols:

S&W M&P 2.0 9C = 6390RDS-2252-xxx
Sig P320 Compact 9mm = 6390RDS-7502-xxx
View Quote

I haven't learned all the different SL model numbers yet. Is the ejection port/muzzle retention exclusive to model 6390 or is that how most SL holsters work? I looked on their website at different ones and didn't see where it was specified how retention was achieved on others.

I did see in another forum that surefire/streamlight doesn't matter on any of them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I haven't learned all the different SL model numbers yet. Is the ejection port/muzzle retention exclusive to model 6390 or is that how most SL holsters work? I looked on their website at different ones and didn't see where it was specified how retention was achieved on others.

I did see in another forum that surefire/streamlight doesn't matter on any of them.
View Quote
That's how all their ALS retention holsters work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top