Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2018 5:36:41 PM EDT
When I first got this, it was for my wife as a Trunk Gun. But she has instead taken one of the ARs. I paid $300 for it. Here is how it was when I got it.

Came with a Troy 30rd mag and the Midwest Industries Muzzle Brake installed. Tested it at Talon Range and it works like a charm.  Loud as shit but no recoil. Accurate and good quality.

Here it is now....

I replaced the rear sight with one from Tech Sight. Which turns out my SU-16 and myself are being used in their ads. Just found out I'm in Tech Sights ads for their G.I. Sights. I'm a hand model like Costanza! but that is a different story.

Here's the original and the new rear sight.

Original

Updated

The front sight uses a standard AR front sight post. Replaced that with a Hi-Viz Fiber optic sight post.

Threw on an older NIB Millett Speed Point Red Dot with see through mount.

Everything works perfectly.... light, handy, and affordable. Oh, swapped out the muzzle brake for a A2 flash hides.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice I like.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
These rifles have been growing on me lately.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine quite a bit.

Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to think that they were cheap alternatives for AR15s for the really budget-aware types but their light-weight, rust resistance, and handiness is growing on me. I think a PLR-16 would make a great braced pistol/truck gun candidate.

Your's looks really nice, especially with that rear sight. That was one of the the few poor points of the design for me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked mine and regret selling it.  Also paid $300 but seem hard to find in that price range now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top