Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2019 12:50:12 PM EDT
Picked up a brand new SR45 from the LGS yesterday for $300 NIB.

Never really heard anything about this gun before yesterday. Besides removing the magazine safety disconnect does anyone have any advice on breaking in or stuff to look out for?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't want your post to be lonely.
Bought a sr45 from the sportsmans whorehouse on sale for $199.99
I don't know how they are or will be but I couldn't let a deal like that pass.
I bought a sr9e couple years ago and think it is as good as many poly striker.

Will be interesting to test this sr45 against the M&P 45 which I also have.
I really didn't need another pistol but I was as giddy as a boomer at a yard sale looking at headless barby dolls and broken kitchen aids.

eta: Omfg I just recognized where your handle is from.  My little brother is feeling a bit tense.  You wouldn't want to take care of that would you? Back and to the left.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked one up at the LGS for $240. It was an evidence room gun.  It was new though.  I like it, the trigger is pretty good.  Accuracy is good also.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The trigger on my example is far from good.
It is however acceptable enough for a budget blaster striker fired pistol.
My worst glockish trigger is better.
These use the last half of the trigger pull to cock the striker that last little bit so they are never going to be "great".

But if you can shoot a double action revolver double action, it's not insurmountable.

I didn't test the accuracy to any great length yet.
Just blasted a 100 rounds of various ammo at a ground target.
It didn't like one of my reloads.
The other ammo was just fmj type round nose and that fed fine.

The target was suitably inundated with holes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I removed the magazine safety from the striker, it seemed to clean up the trigger pull. I cleaned the pistol twice and put 150 rounds of FMJ through it with no problems.

So far so good.

If anyone is looking for a good IWB holster for it “Muddy River Tactical “ makes a nice kydex holster
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
450 rounds of factory round nose through it and no problems. I feel like I have had to adjust the sights twice so I may be upgrading those.

Pistol shoots great and the trigger gets better with time. I am considering getting an SR9C
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Well my cheap Ruger out shot my cheap M&P.
My M&P is the model with threaded barrel and suppressor sights.
I don't like the front site so that may be a factor.
Loads from the bench.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
450 rounds of factory round nose through it and no problems. I feel like I have had to adjust the sights twice so I may be upgrading those.

Pistol shoots great and the trigger gets better with time. I am considering getting an SR9C
View Quote
I had an SR9c, then there were these great deals.

Now I have two.

And a 9e.

And an SR45.

Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one early this year.  Out of the box the sights were way off from center.  Easy fix with a punch and hammer.  I only have shot about 200 rds through mine but no malfs so far.  Accuracy is decent and trigger is ok considering I only paid $275.  I removed the mag safety and after putting some rounds through it the trigger improved a good amount.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I found a nib two tone for 300.00 today online. Should be here by Thursday, can't wait. I already have an SR9 and a 9c to keep it company. I also have a 22/45, ec9, lc9s, lc9s pro, and two sp101's in .357 and 9mm.
I like Ruger pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top