Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/13/2022 10:49:12 AM EDT
Just got an SP5.  Doing some research I saw that some folks like to shoot a few hundred rounds of +P ammo to break it in.  Any problems with new guns jamming on lighter ammo.  I have some IMI +P and some Fiochi +P+.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would do a couple hundred rounds of 124 grain ammo, preferably NATO spec. After it breaks in, it's going to be a lot more amenable to 115 grain range ammo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I know I have fired a couple mags of JHP just because it was in the bag with me when I was at the range, but outside of that my SP5 has had nothing but Blazer Brass 115.  Zero issues.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
First magazine was Sellier and Beloit 115 gr.  Then a mag of +P Samson.  Then 5 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 HP's.  Ran flawlessly with all.  How often should it be cleaned?  Every range trip?  Sometimes I will only run 1 or 2 mags through my guns a trip.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#5]
When I got mine I used my plinking loads.

124gr w/ 3.9gr Titegroup.

I have 1000s of rounds through it without any issues.

Mine is pretty dirty from shooting it suppressed. It doesn't seem to care

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top