Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2023 6:52:09 PM EDT
All things considered are the current SP101s usually good to go or are the recent ones a gamble?  Once in a local shop is new and looks great but the trigger hangs up on 1 cylinder when cocked to single action.  It is consistent that the trigger hangs up in the rear position when you dry fire that 1 cylinder.  Figure it would work out?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The one I had was great, I only sold it as I wanted something in a different direction. If the gun is having issues, it could be due to a few problems and it would need to go back to Ruger for those.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you found the model you wanted somewhere I wouldn’t hesitate at all to pick it up. If there’s a problem needing remedied Ruger will take care of you in my experience. I absolutely wore out an LCP they rebuilt it at no cost. Called the other day because the cylinder pawl plunger was broken on my sp101 they sent me a replacement without even charging shipping.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
SP-101’s only have one cylinder.
The caliber dictates the number of chambers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned 3 of them since the early 90's.  They have all been excellent.  The best was a deluxe engraved edition and it was 'maybe' slightly more accurate than the others.  You can buy with confidence
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top