Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2018 2:17:45 AM EDT
I'm not sure why I would want one over the other. Help!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Tac model.  I only bought that one because it was the only version I could find, and I had to have one.

Still, great shooter, tritium sights are still pretty bright after 14 years.

I’ll probably grab a standard one someday.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you want a decocking lever or a manual safety?  That's about what it boils down to.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The decocker is supposed to be trickier to reassemble the sear cage if you're upgrading components.  You also can't go cocked and locked with a decocker.  That being said, I have the tactical.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#4]
All that, plus I think the trigger upgrades from Cajun Gun only work in the standard model.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All that, plus I think the trigger upgrades from Cajun Gun only work in the standard model.
View Quote
No, it's just you have to get the right parts either for the standard models or the decocker models.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to know.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#7]
You can make the trigger on the standard model slightly better than the trigger on the decocker model. I'm not sure if anyone would really notice the difference, but technically it can be lighter and shorter/more crisp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can make the trigger on the standard model slightly better than the trigger on the decocker model. I'm not sure if anyone would really notice the difference, but technically it can be lighter and shorter/more crisp.
View Quote
I have decoder 75BD and SP01T both with Cajun work done.  One of my buddies has a safety model SP01 same setup as mine same spring configuration and the difference that I can tell is mine is slightly smoother but I have way more mileage on mine versus his that I bet he has 500 rounds and that is probably overestimated.  He has 3 kids one of which is a new born so he does not shoot anywhere near as much as I do.  I did the CGW work on his and cleaned up the rails and smoothed them some not a full detailed polish but it definitely smooth.  Setting aside any bias I have to mine if he shot his more I would be willing to bet I could not tell the difference between the trigger if I were to blindly fire them both are stinking nice trigger.  Also maybe I am completely off and his would be better after some miles put on it but how much I do not if that could honestly be quantified or maybe it could.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top