Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2022 12:28:08 PM EDT
An older SP-01 Shadow popped up for sale near me. Already has some trigger work done to it, and is a safety model.

I had considered sending out my SP-01 Tactical to CGW to be worked over, but I may jump on this Shadow instead.

What are these older models worth?

And how do they compare to the newer Shadow 2's?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the "trigger work".  If it has parts from CZ custom or Cajun it will most likely add some to the value.  

Some people prefer the original over the S2.  Some don't.

Regardless it's a fine pistol.

New ones from CZ custom are over 900 clams now.

https://czcustom.com/in-stock/cz-75-sp01-shadow-9mm-91154-black-cz-custom-exclusive.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Parts are from Eemann Tech

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Any idea how many rounds were put through the gun? Also, what about condition of the pistol? Upgraded grips/sights or stock?

I would look at this before throwing a number out there.

Looking at current pricing of a NIB SP-01 shadow it's close to $900. If it's less than 2k rounds I might pay $800 tops for it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
All of the SP-01 and CZ75 Shadows are safety models. I haven't heard of the company you mentioned did the trigger work, but I will say that the bone stock shadow is a better starting point for adding cajun or CZC parts to than a regular SP-01 or CZ-75B.

They still make and sell the SP-01 Shadow, but CZC is the exclusive distributor. I guess some balk at the $900+ price, which ends up over $1k after CZC's unusually expensive shipping, but you also need to realize that regular SP-01s are over $750 now, and most vendors are selling them for over $800. Adding sights similar to the Shadow's to a regular SP-01 brings that price pretty close to $900, and you'll still have a firing pin block model.

Interested to see how much the one you're looking at is going for, but even at $932 I don't think it's a bad deal for a new one. But I also just got one last weekend as a birthday present from my wife.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when I picked up my SP-01 Shadow I paid just over $800 shipped and transferred. One of the best buys I have made. Trigger out of the box is superb. The SA rivals any 1911 I have handled and the DA is right up there with my best K-frame S&W .357's.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the insight guys.

It was listed at $775, LNIB, minimal rounds sent downrange. I passed on it, and it was sold the next day. Was posted on a local site, so no shipping and fees would be added.

I'm actually kinda glad I passed (even though it was a nice gun at a very nice price), because it ended up with me buying a Shadow 2 SAO, which is what I was really lusting after.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a c CZ custom Sp-01 shadow target II

One of my favorite handguns.

I really want to see if I can find another to have an optic put it on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top