Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2020 12:34:01 PM EDT
I recently picked up a SP-01 Shadow and switched out the rubber grips for some coolhand G-10 grips. Does anyone else's grip panel have some play to it? The left side grip panel towards the top has a gap, I just wanted to know if there is a trick to get it to fit better or if its just a known issue with G-10 grips.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a pic?  I have not experienced what you are describing with g10 grips
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you post a pic?  I have not experienced what you are describing with g10 grips
View Quote

Here are both sides for comparison.

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I got that shit all the time with VZ grips, wasn’t worth trying to send back since I had some JB weld and a file. Done it before with other CZ grips once or twice.

Ended up with two sets of LOK grips recently and they fit PERFECTLY. It convinced me to buy two more sets.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got that shit all the time with VZ grips, wasn’t worth trying to send back since I had some JB weld and a file. Done it before with other CZ grips once or twice.

Ended up with two sets of LOK grips recently and they fit PERFECTLY. It convinced me to buy two more sets.
View Quote

I’ll be trying some LOK grips. My buddy has the same gun with VZ grips and has the same issue. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if it is the screw.  Does the screw have the lock washer underneath the screw head or not?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder if it is the screw.  Does the screw have the lock washer underneath the screw head or not?
View Quote

The grip screws came with o-rings and they’re both under the screw head.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It could be the frame too.

CZ has some half ass machining quality control.
Little things like this dont bother me too much, just trim the grip and be done with it .
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had this happen before too with VZs. Sometimes just taking the grip off and reseating it will do the trick.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've owned 4 stainless CZ 75Bs over the last decade and all of them had massive issues with VZ grips fitting on the left hand side. It was like the little ear that curves in the top corner of the grip didn't match the contour of the frame. Every single stainless gun has been like that. I either have to keep the stock grips or use aluminum grips with those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top