Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2020 11:21:14 AM EDT
Adding to my small collection of P210, I found this 210-4 for $ 1600.- at the same LGS where I got the 29-2 and the Python silhouette. It looks new, there is not even a scratch on the rails.

I asked the LGS to stop finding and posting great guns, for my bank account’s sake.

The German Border Protection (Bundesgrenzschutz) bought them in the early Fifties, their serial number range from D 0001 to D 5000 and they have German proof marks, no lanyard loop and a loaded chamber indicator.

Magazine bodies were left blank, and the hammer group and barrel are numbered to the gun

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, not as random or clumsy as a P-38.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn nice, and great photos too!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, nice find! Got the correct Black holster with it too.

No picture of the top of the slide showing the loaded chamber indicator? That is a unique feature of the -4 version.

Those mags with no finish on the mag body are correct too. You hardy ever see those any more.

ETA: Never mind. Just noticed that you are in Switzerland. You know all this stuff already. Probably not as rare a find there as it would be in the US, but still very nice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful gun, but a couple of possible upgrades.

My 210-6 came with the same plastic grips. They suck, but Nill in Germany makes magnificent wood grips. I love them on my gun.
http://us.nill-shop.com/search?desc=on&sdesc=on&keywords=P210
You might want to consider the grips that are long enough to cover the mag release. I didn’t do that and had to polish the edge of the mag release to keep it from eating my hand.

The short tang and the hammer spur combined to give me the worst hammer bite of any gun I have. Fortunately, I wasn’t the only person to experience that; they make a metal tang extension. Mine has the benefit of a screw securing the hammer group in the frame that I can use to secure the tang extension. Yours doesn’t have the screw, so they make them so they can be glued in place. While they should fit, mine required I do a little hand fitting to get it to seat properly.
http://us.nill-shop.com/Grip-parts/SIG-P210-special-screw-in-beavertail-includes-torx-screw-black-chrome

My wife likes mine so much I encourage her to shoot it, so I don’t get a chance to use it as much, but it helps get her out to shoot, so that is good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, nice find! Got the correct Black holster with it too.

No picture of the top of the slide showing the loaded chamber indicator? That is a unique feature of the -4 version.

Those mags with no finish on the mag body are correct too. You hardy ever see those any more.

ETA: Never mind. Just noticed that you are in Switzerland. You know all this stuff already. Probably not as rare a find there as it would be in the US, but still very nice.
View Quote
Yes I forgot to picture the LCI

They are not so easy to find here either, especially in this condition and at this price.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Beautiful gun, but a couple of possible upgrades.

My 210-6 came with the same plastic grips. They suck, but Nill in Germany makes magnificent wood grips. I love them on my gun.
http://us.nill-shop.com/search?desc=on&sdesc=on&keywords=P210
You might want to consider the grips that are long enough to cover the mag release. I didn’t do that and had to polish the edge of the mag release to keep it from eating my hand.

The short tang and the hammer spur combined to give me the worst hammer bite of any gun I have. Fortunately, I wasn’t the only person to experience that; they make a metal tang extension. Mine has the benefit of a screw securing the hammer group in the frame that I can use to secure the tang extension. Yours doesn’t have the screw, so they make them so they can be glued in place. While they should fit, mine required I do a little hand fitting to get it to seat properly.
http://us.nill-shop.com/Grip-parts/SIG-P210-special-screw-in-beavertail-includes-torx-screw-black-chrome

My wife likes mine so much I encourage her to shoot it, so I don’t get a chance to use it as much, but it helps get her out to shoot, so that is good.
View Quote
Thanks, but to be honest, it is quite a rare bird compared to the Swiss military ones, so I’ll keep it entirely original.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks, but to be honest, it is quite a rare bird compared to the Swiss military ones, so I’ll keep it entirely original.
View Quote
It sounds like you haven't shot it yet. Talk to me again after you have and are looking at the injury to the web of your hand.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven’t shot this one.

I’ve shot that one for 25 years, and I have another two. I’ll be ok.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top