Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 1:17:00 AM EDT
Guys,

I am looking at this and would like to know if anyone has one, and what their experiences with them have been. I recently had back surgery, and I have been reading about several different brands and models, and the 229 Legion SAO would operate most like my much loved 1911/2011 pistols.

Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 226 sao legion. I prefer the bit more weight on the nose for myself.

You should find the gas pedal safety feel/action familiar.

And all the little bits of "legion tweaks" in the grip design add up nicely.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold my 1911 due to the sharp angles near the beavertail, it was really uncomfortable to shoot.

I was looking at the 226/229 SAO as a replacement. Was wondering if there was less pinching in the beavertail area, and if that area felt smoother. It LOOKS like it, but I have never held/shot one so hard to tell.

The 210 carry also looks comfy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My p226 and p229 SAO Legions are the most accurate pistols I own and the most fun to shoot. Get the SA Superstrut (prevents the hammer from banging the factory strut into the thumb safety bar when the hammer is pulled all the way back) at a minimum. It's cheap and easy to install. Aside from that, get the Armorycraft Sport takedown lever and their skeletonized adjustable trigger and skeletonized hammer and you'll be absolutely spoiled.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My 226 Legion and 299 Enhanced Elite are, hands down, my two best handguns.  No experience with the SAO model.

I heard it once said that Sig took the 1911 one step further with the 220 and perfected the 1911.  

Never have been a fan of 1911s, but have always loved my 220 series guns.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys, going to see the 229 on Friday. I will let you know my thoughts when I handle it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#6]
It’s one of the best pistols that Sig currently makes imo, and one of my favorites to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:37:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I went by my LGS to look at it, and I don't have to list all of the reasons why it came home with me. You already know them all, but I was very surprised that it weighs just under 29 ounces empty. Much lighter than what I usually carry.

I will post a range report when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went by my LGS to look at it, and I don't have to list all of the reasons why it came home with me. You already know them all, but I was very surprised that it weighs just under 29 ounces empty. Much lighter than what I usually carry.

https://i.imgur.com/yZXKIr1h.jpg

I will post a range report when I get a chance.
View Quote

Excellent purchase. If you want to make the trigger even better send it to The Sig Armourer or MkIII Firearms to work their magic:

Sig p226 Legion SAO Single Stage Trigger Job
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The first 53 rounds went down range today in a rushed session. The main reason for going was to check functionality, and it did not miss a beat. I am still not sure about the POA/POI yet but I will figure that out next trip.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#10]
congrats!
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats. I own 3 Legions and the only negative thing I can say about them is the Legion finish doesn’t wear very well .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top