Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 10:33:01 PM EDT
I received 3 of the new SARCO 1911 magazines that they claim to be making in house or at least on their own tooling.The 3 that I received are good looking magazines and appear to be of very good quality. They are all free fall from 3 of my COLT 1911s, all lock the slide to the rear, and hold 7 rds. The blued finish appears to be well applied and durable.
I hope to carry them to the range tomorrow and give them a work out. I took pics of them next to factory COLT magazines for visual comparison.

COLT first 2 from left.

COLT top

COLT left
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look good I saw the SARCO ad and wondered how they would work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those look good I saw the SARCO ad and wondered how they would work.
View Quote
Seeing everything else SARCO sells is trash, it is only right to question the quality of that
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Need a follow up after range time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks a lot like a run of the mill Mec-Gar too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Need a follow up after range time.
View Quote
I've got 4 of the cheap Sarco 1911 mags. They are cheap, every edge is sharp and some of them wouldn't lock the slide back when shooting but had no problem locking the slide back just cycling the gun by hand. I tweaked the part of the follower that engages the the slide lock so it would stop jumping past it while shooting. After that it locked the slide back every time.

Other than that the magazines fed fine and didn't jam. If you are willing to tinker with them to get them working right I think they are alright dirt cheap range mags. If not I would steer clear of them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Does CMP still have genuine government-surplus mags?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does CMP still have genuine government-surplus mags?
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:39:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Life keeps changing my range plans. That is why I keep 48 1911 mags loaded and stored in a 30cal ammo can so that when an opportunity to go to the range presents itself, I need only get in my truck and go. Additionally, I spend my range time shooting instead of repeatedly reloading the same 3 or 4 mags.
If these SARCO mags do function properly and are durable, I will fill another 30 cal can with them to keep in my other truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top