Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2022 12:13:40 PM EDT
Anyone here have any practical experience with these?
Looking for the good, the bad and the ugly before I consider picking one up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
SAR builds really nice handguns, especially for the money.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sar k12 is a good line.  Not without occasional lemons.  I have the full size K12.  The adjustable rear sight was loose.  Plenty of side to side play.

IIRC, they use the same rear sight pattern of something like a M&P and front sight matches a CZ.  I've been meaning to pick up some fixed night sights for mine. With the rear sight like it is, its just a range toy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one but hasn't been shot much.  I never ended up getting holster or extra mags and just don't shoot as much lately.  Mags weren't available at the time got mine so never really made it into rotation.

It's a clone of a EAA Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited which is a CZ clone.  I haven't seen one of these for sale in a long time either but they were ~$1300 guns I think.  Closest comparison would be the CZ Shadow 2 (~$1300), EAA still sells the Witness Elite Match (~$950) which is also a big heavy CZ frame with a single stage but on the large frame.  The 2-3 stock photos of the K12 don't look like the actual gun, which is matte stainless and grey. CZ75 mags are suppose to work but with a lesser selection of baseplates. While there isn't anything comparable for the ~$600 price I always been in love with Elite Match so it's just been difficult to adopt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have one but hasn't been shot much.  I never ended up getting holster or extra mags and just don't shoot as much lately.  Mags weren't available at the time got mine so never really made it into rotation.

It's a clone of a EAA Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited which is a CZ clone.  I haven't seen one of these for sale in a long time either but they were ~$1300 guns I think.  Closest comparison would be the CZ Shadow 2 (~$1300), EAA still sells the Witness Elite Match (~$950) which is also a big heavy CZ frame with a single stage but on the large frame.  The 2-3 stock photos of the K12 don't look like the actual gun, which is matte stainless and grey. CZ75 mags are suppose to work but with a lesser selection of baseplates. While there isn't anything comparable for the ~$600 price I always been in love with Elite Match so it's just been difficult to adopt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a K12 Sport in stock new for $757.99. If I get it, it will be my only handgun that's not a CZ. I have a Shadow 2 (along with several other CZ models). The fact that it's basically a CZ clone is what has me interested.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I found a K12 Sport in stock new for $757.99. If I get it, it will be my only handgun that's not a CZ. I have a Shadow 2 (along with several other CZ models). The fact that it's basically a CZ clone is what has me interested.
View Quote

Add to Cart https://dahlonegaarmory.com/product/sar-usa-k12stsp-k-12-sport-ss-9mm-17rd

There was some dispute over which CZ mags fit at the time and I never tried any (some said required aftermarket baseplates or trimming).
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had my k12sport for around 2 years now. It has been pretty good overall. If you know your way around a CZ/Tanfoglio you can slick them up and tune them nice.
Out of the box it was a little rough compared to most CZ's. Loading the factory mags the follower would get stuck trying to pass the magazine catch cutout I think on round 4. Pulled them apart and sanded the bottom edge of the follower and no problems since. The k12 magwell prevents most CZ mags from going in far enough. I trimmed it up so My 17rd CZ mags work in it. Without the magwell it takes any full size CZ-75 mag.
The trigger pull was rough compared to a CZS2, I changed the trigger spring out and polished the trigger bar and sear etc.  That helped a lot. The trigger has adjustable set screws that are not set well from the factory. When I adjusted them for pre&over travel the firing pin safety would not get engaged and no primer strike. Instead of messing with the firing pin block safety I just removed it and the trigger is decent now. As a range gun in not worried about it and the CZS2 doesn't have one. Double action pull is heavy and rough compared to a CZS2 but single action is comparable.

It's definitely not as nice as a CZ Shadow2 which I also have. But it's a $600 gun vs a $1100 gun. I would say it's 85% of the gun the shadow2 is. I now have it set up as a SAO gun and enjoy it at the range.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have had my k12sport for around 2 years now. It has been pretty good overall. If you know your way around a CZ/Tanfoglio you can slick them up and tune them nice.
Out of the box it was a little rough compared to most CZ's. Loading the factory mags the follower would get stuck trying to pass the magazine catch cutout I think on round 4. Pulled them apart and sanded the bottom edge of the follower and no problems since. The k12 magwell prevents most CZ mags from going in far enough. I trimmed it up so My 17rd CZ mags work in it. Without the magwell it takes any full size CZ-75 mag.
The trigger pull was rough compared to a CZS2, I changed the trigger spring out and polished the trigger bar and sear etc.  That helped a lot. The trigger has adjustable set screws that are not set well from the factory. When I adjusted them for pre&over travel the firing pin safety would not get engaged and no primer strike. Instead of messing with the firing pin block safety I just removed it and the trigger is decent now. As a range gun in not worried about it and the CZS2 doesn't have one. Double action pull is heavy and rough compared to a CZS2 but single action is comparable.

It's definitely not as nice as a CZ Shadow2 which I also have. But it's a $600 gun vs a $1100 gun. I would say it's 85% of the gun the shadow2 is. I now have it set up as a SAO gun and enjoy it at the range.
View Quote

Good info.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#8]
This guy’s write up is informative for parts.
SAR’s customer service is very spotty to shitty based on personal experience with my K12 sport. I got CZ mags and aftermarket floor plates for the magazines so I didn’t have to bugger up the pistol magazine well.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/296742-sar-k12-sport-all-the-upgrades/
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]

These magazines work in a K12 if you swap the floor plates for the aluminum ones that are on the mecgar magazine. I got the mags from Sportsman’s guide  The floor plates were from eBay and they are nice.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
It's been a while since I got the Mecgar magazines but, I think that this was the website I got the floors from.

https://usa-shop.armanov.com/collections/cz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top